Hatch mechanic
Should we all add back the "Close the hatch" mechanic? Or should we leave it out? I feel as though we NEED it tbh.
Should we all add back the "Close the hatch" mechanic? Or should we leave it out? I feel as though we NEED it tbh.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Neither understand why it's so difficult for people who complain about the hatch to slug.
The hatch mechanic should be re-worked.
But unfortunately balancing the hatch seems to be quite difficult.
I don't really know why this wasn't implemented. It gave a real use for keys, and left behind. They could've just made the hatch available from the start instead of doing 2 gens first to make more generators available for the survivor to do.
If the hatch was available from the start, then... why? Left behind would be even MORE less useful than it is, and promotes the killer camping the hatch even if there aren't more than 2 gens completed. If the option to close the hatch is available, it would make keys more useful, and Left Behind actually usable. Not much, but it would even out the playing field in the end-game... Besides, when it comes to the hatch showdown, the survivor almost ALWAYS wins. This would take away that possibility if killers can close the hatch, people with "Left Behind" could quickly finish a generator, and at the same time: force the killer to go BACK to the hatch and close it again. Frankly I dunno why they removed it, for those few moments, the game was even, and the most useless perk was made useful for something!
Most times if the hatch is open, it's the killer's fault. Adjust your strategy accordingly.
You can't brag about how good you are if you can't do that.
If they are in a position to get the hatch to open then you should be slugging the second last survivor so you can get the last one, instead of killing the second to last and then having to do a hatch showdown.
So a killer is bad if 2 gens get done and they sacrifice 3 people which opens the hatch for the 4th? That's so ridiculous.
I wouldn't mind your fix if killer can close the hatch and then one exit gate opens, but not both.
A mechanic that basically forces a killer to slug or lose the 4k is not a good mechanic. It's not fun for killer or survivor. Even if the killer slugs them both one can still get hatch because dying survivors can somehow rise into the air and jump into the hatch.
I know everyone keeps saying just slug the 3rd to get the 4th if you want the 4k but no one enjoys slugging or being slugged. The Hatch has to be there because there is no timer for the match but does anyone actually enjoy crawling around hoping to get saved or hoping they don't get caught or even hoping that they don't just bleed out because the Killer wants the 4k and the other Survivor is sneaking around and waiting for them to die? I don't get slugged very ften but it is not fun, I try to get the 4k without the hatch because I don't want to waste my time searching for someone who's not a team player in that situation, it's a waste of everyone's time.
I like the hatch I think it is a good idea. It's one of the most tense moments of the game for me as killer and survivor. Trying to sneak around looking for the hatch a survivor can be crazy tense and looking for the survivor as killer knowing you only have a little time before they find it is great fun. The big problem with the hatch is hatch standoffs. These can just come down to who can wait the longest and is incredible unfun. I feel like the hatch standoff should be changed to not allow it to be a infinite game time.
It caused too much issues for survivors. Free escapes for minimal effort is necessary for Survivor Fun™.
Actual facts is it that it didn't work out to where it was functional for both sides but don't let actual facts and logic get in your way again.