Render Distance
Can we not have Nintendo 64 render distance. All I wanted to say.
Can we not have Nintendo 64 render distance. All I wanted to say.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
If we had "unlimited" draw distance, the Killer would be able to spot you from across the map, and vice-versa. It's that way for a reason.
I played at 144 before the render distance was dramatically reduced so idk what you're talking about.
That's the point the killer should be able to use their eyes to spot survivors....
And you can... within a certain radius. If, say, the Huntress could see across the whole map, she'd be absurdly overpowered.
This was mostly about Huntress in the first place and no she wouldn't be absurdly over powered because then all survivors have to do is use THEIR eyes and not let a hatchet hit them from across the map. When it's that far you can literally dodge by reaction time.
The Shape would be able to stalk any Survivor as well. Stealth would become nearly impossible. Console would be unplayable. Low-end PCs would be screwed.
Bottom line is, the draw distance is part of the balance of the game.
Also the average PC specifically bought or built to game could run this game at 60 FPS before they majorly reduced render distance.
Nope Shape already had a limited distance he could stalk from that doesn't change it at all as for Low-end PCs if they're purposely buying something not meant to game then why are they trying to game on it. You can easily get a PC for console price and still run this game I don't see the problem here.
Low-end PCs would get screwed because the hardware requirements would have to be changed on the fly. The minimum now can't handle unlimited draw distance (and yes, they'd have to force the same draw distance for everyone, because, as I mentioned, it's part of the game's balance). The game would have to be rebalanced around the new draw distance.
In other words, it'd cause such a shitstorm that it's not worth the devs' time and money. You're just gonna have to suck it up.
You realize the game had way better render distance than it does now for about 2 and a half years.
Render Distance > Details
Are you saying current gen consoles can't even handle what a Nintendo 64 could I mean sure the graphics are obviously better but 99% of games on console can have double or triple this games render distance it's mostly about them not being able to optimize the game without stooping to just giving you ######### render distance.
No but all that did was make objects in distance be far lower quality it didn't change the actual render distance I wish though or I'd do that.