Killer has become an unplayable role. Nonstop losses and no relief in sight.

I've been collecting data from several matches since the last patch dropped and noticed an increasingly worrisome trend: matches have become VERY survivor sided. It's borderline impossible to have a normal match as a killer anymore, literally every single survivor group is comparable to a SWF sweat squad and gens pop at rapid speeds. I also see bp incentives for killers seemingly throughout the day, that's how bad things have gotten.

You want some pics? I got pics.

playtime.png

This is my profile; I currently have over 2600 hours on DbD. I've been playing since 2018, mostly as killer.

last 18 games.png

This is a compilation of recent matches, 18 of them in total. I've been playing as Knight, Legion and Plague in those games and it's been one loss after another.

Some of these matches even featured players with hacked items (yellow flashlights with instablind capability, being able to blind from behind the killer) which has drastically lowered my enjoyment of the game. It's plain torture, not even camping seems to work against these teams.

Everyone brings Adrenaline and Dead Hard, every single survivor is playing at maximum efficency and chases take so long that half of the survivor objective is done when I finally hook someone. The constant information buffs for survivors have created a gap that's so vast that most killers can't even cross it anymore, it feels completely hopeless.

I urge you to revert these HUD-changes, survivors should NEVER have this much information to begin with. The killer entirely relies on survivors mostly lacking coordination and stumbling around; you've put this important aspect entirely on its head and enabled survivors to make a mockery out of killers. This cannot go on.

Comments

  • @FridayNightPizza said:

    I have absolutely no idea why BHVR wants to make the game as insufferable for killers as humanly possible, if all the killers leave then there's gonna be no game.

    There are more killers then survivors. Incentives are most of the time on survivor. That's how "insufferable" the game is for killers. Killers win more then there is any other result. Yet it seems that nothing short of 99% kill rate will be enough for them and without 99% kill rate "the game will die" - even if it's survivor incentives vast majority of time.

  • @FridayNightPizza said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3339530#Comment_3339530

    I don't expect a 99% kill rate, if I wanted a braindead easy time I'd hop on Skyrim, that's not why I play this. However I do wish that killer would FEEL better to play, survivors get stuff added as basekit and just got a massive QoL update but killers who get motion sickness have to waste a perk slot in order to play comfortably. That's the problem. And no I don't count a measly o.1s reduction of pallet breaking time to be in anyway shape or form a buff or QoL change, I doubt a lot of killers would say that the role feels better to play because of that. Killer at times feels like way too much effort for very little reward and that's the problem.

    if playing killer is that stressful, play survivor. It will help with evening number of players a little.

    Also that 0.1s reduction (and all the other "invisible" buffs everyone forgets to mention) changed 49% killrate to 61%. Means it actually did something. And that something is felt on the game a lot.

  • To me personally, the problem isn't the HUD change that was added, the problem is that the information on the HUD and on generators is 100% precise at all times. The simple solution for me would be to just have it so generators, and maybe even totems don't have a progression bar anymore

    For generators, each piston should activate at 25% completion, so a generator that has been repaired to 24%, the pistons won't even move, neither the survivor working on the generator, or the other team mates know the percent. And if survivors are working on a generator that has 3 pistons moving, they won't know if that generator progress is 75% or 99%. Now with this in mind, the HUD would instead show how many pistons are completed rather than the percent a generator is at. I think this change would pretty evenly impact SWF and Solo alike. As for the killer, I think the killer could see the progression bar in the line of sight

    • The perk technician could have it so when a survivor works on a generator, they get to see generators pistons progressed in increments of 12.5%, and this information is shown to team mates on the HUD, and when a generator is kicked if it progresses below a 12.5% interval, a survivor with the perk would need to work on the generator again
    • Likewise, the perk surveillance could see progression bars outside the line of sight, or be reworked into giving aura brightness on generators with progress

    As for totems, the Knight trailer has given us insight as to what cleansing a totem looks like, by first removing the skulls, maybe the string, and then the totem collapses. This could be the totem cleanse progression, where three skulls at increments of 33% light up, we could perhaps receive this animation on cleansing as well, and when cleansing is interrupted, the entity resets the totem

  • @MrKrabsArgArgArg said:

    To me personally, the problem isn't the HUD change that was added, the problem is that the information on the HUD and on generators is 100% precise at all times. The simple solution for me would be to just have it so generators, and maybe even totems don't have a progression bar anymore

    For generators, each piston should activate at 25% completion, so a generator that has been repaired to 24%, the pistons won't even move, neither the survivor working on the generator, or the other team mates know the percent. And if survivors are working on a generator that has 3 pistons moving, they won't know if that generator progress is 75% or 99%. Now with this in mind, the HUD would instead show how many pistons are completed rather than the percent a generator is at. I think this change would pretty evenly impact SWF and Solo alike. As for the killer, I think the killer could see the progression bar in the line of sight

    • The perk technician could have it so when a survivor works on a generator, they get to see generators pistons progressed in increments of 12.5%, and this information is shown to team mates on the HUD, and when a generator is kicked if it progresses below a 12.5% interval, a survivor with the perk would need to work on the generator again
    • Likewise, the perk surveillance could see progression bars outside the line of sight, or be reworked into giving aura brightness on generators with progress

    As for totems, the Knight trailer has given us insight as to what cleansing a totem looks like, by first removing the skulls, maybe the string, and then the totem collapses. This could be the totem cleanse progression, where three skulls at increments of 33% light up, we could perhaps receive this animation on cleansing as well, and when cleansing is interrupted, the entity resets the totem

    This sounds almost reasonable. It's true, that even SWF can't usually call out the exact progress. So sure, I am all for making this information in a chunks. BUT. We want to even out soloQ to what any casual SWF would actually be able to do. That means that even most casual SWF will tell you "this gen (provided position on the map) is almost finished" - so having a mystery if the gen is 99% or 75% makes very little sense. I would actually split the progress bar to 6-7 values and always round to closest one (so at the beginning it will show 0% for some short time, then 16% for twice as long, then 33%, 50%, 67%, 83%, and finally 100% for also half the time. This reflects information that even casuals will be able to provide

  • I've been collecting my match data as well. (I play Survivor 99% of the time, and I play solo.) From the way my matches have been going, Killers are doing just fine, even with the HUD additions.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15C0460xxhnTrpejE2BTyfWLJ1-516899-E3KVpCVS6g/edit?usp=sharing

  • @Wowie said:

    It is extremely difficult to play nice with a fun, unique build these days unless you plan on sweating hard or losing very quickly.

    It's a shame because I used to love running off-meta perks and weird builds on lower tier killers.

    Survivor is fun right now, though, when you're not getting tunneled or camped or bled out.

    I think they need to stop adding things to basekit primarily, and simply focus on bringing back the fun sandboxy feel that the game used to have. This comp focus will eventually kill the game.

    Same. Trying to play casually is just a no go. Losing to gen speeds going at lightning speed 5-6 games in a row is just not fun. "I wanna get better with Wesker" (5 minutes later, gens done) "Well I guess not today".

  • @sanees said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3338445#Comment_3338445

    bruh bro, even i had a streak of 15 win and i'm the main killer

    if the main killer can easily escape 15 times in a row, then so can you if you gain experience

    I had 30 wins streak with wraith and im survivor main. Well maybe some would consider me dbd main. Most survivor mains I see have like 600 sacrifises to entity and 1500 escapes. I have 5300 sacrifises to entity and 1700 escapes.

  • Damn! Do you play blindfolded or what? As for me, it's like it's impossible to lose as a killer. I do have losses sometimes but heck, it's only sometimes. Mostly it's super ez wins. The other part is somewhat demanding but still 4k.

  • I mainly play solo q survivor, sometimes my husband joins me and we play with two randoms. More times than not the killer gets 4k, because most of the randoms tend to be idiots who do scummy plays like unhook in front of killer or run killer to other survivors or hide and do nothing all game. My husband also plays killer and he always gets at least 3 sometimes 4k easily. So we obviously are having very different experiences.

  • No revert please, let's make killers go insane... I mean by buffs.

1 2 3 ›