Guess this is going to become a recurring theme

image_2023-01-24_101552526.png

Can't say I'm surprised after the winter event unfortunately.

Comments

  • @Decutor said:

    Coming back to this thread to acknowledge BHVR listening to our complaints and removing the FOMO from Lunar New Year collection!

    Eh? I thought they just cancelled lunar event as a whole

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3638574#Comment_3638574

    Eh? I thought they just cancelled lunar event as a whole

    They did cancel it (at least for this year), but the previous years' Lunar event cosmetics are coming back to the store on February 8th and won't be time-limited anymore.

  • Looks like FOMO strategy is back on the menu. BHVR was doing so great lifting it from collections... Sigh.

    image.png


  • @Decutor said:

    Looks like FOMO strategy is back on the menu. BHVR was doing so great lifting it from collections... Sigh.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5W0A1QG4U6HU/image.png

    And it's our favorite momey maker, Mikaela. Surprised Feng wasn't included.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    Guys it's not FOMO of course Winter cosmetics are only available during Winter

    Guys it's not FOMO of course Lunar New Year cosmetics are only available during Lunar New Year <----- We are here

    Guys its not FOMO of course Spring cosmetics are only available during Spring

    Just another example of this absolutely gross business practice

    @Decutor said:

    Looks like FOMO strategy is back on the menu. BHVR was doing so great lifting it from collections... Sigh.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5W0A1QG4U6HU/image.png

    I don't wanna say I called it but

    I called it

  • @UndeddJester said:

    I know I'm gonna get a lot of flack for this...

    The FOMO argument just doesnt make sense to me. I still don't quite get why a limited edition virtual T-shirt is such a hard thing for people to pass up on... If buying an £8 blue tinted pair of leggings with a snowflake pattern on Feng Min is the hardest decision you have to make... Well... you're leading a damned charmed life.

    The hilarious part to me is, it's not like you even own it, even if you do buy it. You merely are renting it for life, as the moment you die, your account is lost and all your content goes with it. This is standard across all online media purchases.

    In the real world, diamonds are the biggest market manipulation example that's ever existed. They're actually extremely common, but the amount released to the market keeps their value up. The people who own the diamond mines have such an excess, they actually burn them like coal.

    Thing is, people still buy them, and we're talking about thousands of pounds/dollars... If you don't agree with this market manipulation, guess what? You can just not buy them... I respect anyone reading this post enough to trust you are able to handle the decision on whether spend £3000 of your savings on a lump of carbon or not, and by the same token being able to handle deciding to buy a £5 limited edition gnome hat in Dead By Daylight.

    A limited edition skin at seasonal holidays is not something you are entitled to have just because you want it. If the item is too expensive, you should have the self control to accept it... and it's better you learn this now before you have to make some really hard decisions.

    I never have understood it myself.. I guess it messes with people OCD or something. These online service games are so over bloated with cosmetics as is even if you miss one there will be plenty of opportunities to get others. I have 35 pages worth of charms that I don't even care about

  • "We don't want to do p100 rewards because we feel itd force people to go out of there way to get something. Over the fear of not having it" said someone.

  • @Quizzy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3667097#Comment_3667097

    And it's our favorite momey maker, Mikaela. Surprised Feng wasn't included.

    I am surprised they put Jonah here. Like i am sure 2 Jonah mains will be happy but if you want to get money from FOMO, you have to use popular characters.

    Mikaela is good choice. SM is kinda good as well. But Jonah is like why i am here

  • @supersonic853 said:

    "We don't want to do p100 rewards because we feel itd force people to go out of there way to get something. Over the fear of not having it" said someone.

    One thing does not invalidate the other. Their assessment regarding P100 rewards is correct.

    On top of the regular grind for perks, it would force players to chase P100 and that's an insane (almost unhealthy) grind even for people that can play on a daily basis whereas currently you chase P100 if you have nothing else to dump BP on.

    I'm not a fan of FOMO collections but they do come back 365 days later and dishing out some spare cash in a skin is way different than a forced grind you can only unlock via sinking hundreds of hours into the game.

1 2 3 ›