Why does Survivor not take the hatch? And is it reportable?
Hey after you killed 3 people the Hatch spawns, when the survivor finds it first, they often dont take it, they wait for the killer to come close to THAN take it.
Is there a purpose in it, are they getting more points for doing it?
I have the feeling that they are only doing it to annoy/mock the killer, if thats the case is that a reportable (unsportsmanlike) reason?
Comments
As far as this IS to annoy/mock the killer in most cases, you just can't prove that, therefore your report will do nothing, I'm afraid. Maybe this survivor was waiting for you to thank you for fun game, how is this unsportsmanlike? You never know for sure.
Even if you'd record 30 minutes of them butt-dancing on the hatch while looking at you, the only thing bhvr can do is ask why didn't you come to close the hatch or force survivor to leave as you have all your tools for that.
I mean it's not really reportable. But there are a few reasons why I dont mind it:
For thanking they could just write it in after chat. Im not sure how delaying the game until i found him and the hatch can be "thanking".
If you do something just to annoy the enemy its ofcourse "unsportmanslike" I mean if thats not unsportmanslike what else is?
You never know for sure.
Yes and maybe the killer who is afk the whole game, just want to gift points to the survivors and is not using a bot. Or when they write "noob" after the game they are trying to motivate you to get better. You never know for sure... Thats why we are speaking about "unsportmanslike" behaviour and not from unsportmanslike motives.
I mean if thats not unsportmanslike what else is?
If you speak about unsportsmanlike behaviour with no questions about motives behind it then go and check game rules where this behaviour is clearly stated. Unsportsmanlike behavior (according to rules) is when you do smth that break normal game loop completely and can be judged outside of motives like teaming up with other side or griefing your teammates. Or being afk; bot or not but killer is supposed to play the game, farming isn't bannable only if all participants are ok with it and no one is forced to join. And even those cases can be closed with no punishment due to lack of evidences or possibility griefing was accidental.
So standing on the hatch isn't against the rules and doesn't break the loop, you have your gameplay tools to deal with it. You can play with words as long as you want but 1) it can't be banned as unsportsmanlike behaviour because it could be pretty sportsmanlike depends on mood of both sides and no one can describe it objectively and clearly enough to make this rule regulated, and 2) I'm not the one who creates rules so even though I'm up for all those "what if" things with killers just gifting points, I can't do anything for you but to say this hatch behaviour is not bannable.