DBD's common problems, in nutshells
Hello everyone, I hope you're fine and that you have a good day all together.
I feel very strange starting this discussion while I knowing I will cut into a wound of the community, but I at least want to address the common problems of dbd, all briefly addressed and summed up into some juicy nutshells :)
Otherwise we would sit her for days if I start discussing everything in detail, so I hope everyone understands my pov. Just so you know, I started playing dbd this year, Summer 2022 and have ever since had a lot of fun as well as a lot of issues with the game, many if not all I will address here
- The killer tier list:
Let's face it, compare current Trapper to Blight for example, however I do acknowledge that this comparison is quite controversial due to their different playstyles.
My point is, that I feel like a lot of Killers at D and C tier need certain reworks, buffs etc, especially older characters such as Freddy or Trapper, cause I find it important that it is possible to have similar chances to win for each playable character in the game.
- The meta:
Oh well, I start of with the heaviest and tbh greatest discussion in all of dbd rn, also including the changes with the 6.1 patch.
As I said, I started playing this late summer and was born in the eruption and call of brine meta, you know what I mean, those perks are discussed for being unhealthy to the game and providing no real skill or intreresting gameplay, as I heard of a lot survs recently, a lot of content creators did address it as well.
As a killer main, I personally find it pretty op and well yes, boring kicking gens 24 7.
I play Ghostface mainly and use primarily jolt on him, which is mostly fine, but I find it does do nothing if you play against a gen efficient team with prove thyself brand new parts or even pure gen rush builds ( I actually rarely saw anyone use those builds).
So, do killers get forced to play like this or do killers just pretend to face gen efficient teams?
Idk the true answer personally, maybe you know it.
Also, I informed myself about those topics, with the meta however, I find strange that DH, despite its recent nerf, is widely used and to be fair counterable, lets now look at the killer meta changes, pop and ruin are no longer widely used, not even considered to be even strong now these days, this role now goes to eruption, call of brine, etc.
So, do you think that the survivor meta was less affected than the killer meta
(I'm sry for not including DS, iron will and og dead hard, but to me it's strange that the killer meta perk whise, in usage, are constantly changed whereas survs are not as much as affected, I'm not saying EVERYTHING stayed the same.)
1.Maps and offerings:
We all can agree that each map is unique in itsself.
With that being said, many maps are mostly survivor or killer sided, depending on the map.
As soon as I heard of the changes of eyri of crows, I found it weird that no other maps were changed at the same time , such as garden of joy, rpd or Ormont.
Those maps for killers with no to 0 map mobility are usually a great issue with no escape if the map is chosen by an offering, and I am sry to address, but I always only get an offering while playing against survs and tbh it is very annoying spending time playing on a map you know you will loose for the most part in.
So, offerings should be vaulted and cancelled once and for all, since I find it desasterous that someone has influence over the outcome of a game.
What are your thoughts on the current stae of the games, I would really like to know, point out your issues and ideas in the comments, also it would be nice to say if you are a killer or surv main, that would help me greatly undersatnding your pov and opinion :)
Have a good day, I am curios about your responses, OmegaHP ✌️
Comments
I fully agree with what you said.
There is a problem with your take on map offerings, because you are only seeing one side of the equation. You are looking at them as a source of advantage, and while yes sometimes they are used that way, that is far from their only use.
Map RNG is far from perfect and will often send you to the same map multiple times. If I get sent to coldwind farm 3 out of 4 games I will burn an offering every match because i want variety.
Similarly Tome challenges often need a map offering to make them easier to complete, fall from a great height while being chased can be impossible to get progress on with certain maps, burning a jigsaw piece is great when you need to break pallets.
There is also just liking certain maps, My 2 favorite maps are Ormand and Saloon, one is regarded as survivor sided (Ormand) the other Killer sided (Saloon), If I am just jumping on to play a few matches i will use these regardless of what side I'm playing because I like those maps, and if I'm only playing a few matches I want maps I enjoy.
Compromise to this meta. Play blight and don't kick gens. It was a bit at first, but there's no going back. Even for the kick gens give aura reading perk which is quite tempting. Game is way more enjoyable when you aren't trying to protect gens directly.
Agreed. Blight main, never kick gens, amazing feeling.
I wish they would invest some of their time in buffing all the lesser able killers to a more useable spot. I think a big draw here is there are so many killers to enjoy messing around with, its very disappointing to see some of them regulated to specific add on sets or play styles. I want them all to be fun, competitive and able to adapt to the situations that develop in game. And to be capable of growth with the player behind them.
You can play whatever perks you want, and they should stay as they are, aside from a few that need a killswitch until some broken mechanics/exploits can be brought under control. There will always be a META and players that are not bright will always complain about it. The meta is used because its the most effective tactic available, which means it takes the most work to counter it. Change it and the complaints change, they will not go away, only players that are annoyed with the kowtow to whinners will leave.
Map offerings can stay, like the META thing, some are better for some things than others. I would vote to let them stay similar to the meta argument, it really doesn't matter all that much, just struggle with the disadvantage and try to adapt, instead of complaining. I personally hate to see some maps. I personally enjoy chasing down the survivor that forced me onto that map. But I don't want to take away their ability to do it.
I play both equally.
Map offerings are fine, it’s the maps and their interaction with some offerings (Hook distance) that are problematic.
Take for example, 3 Petrified Oaks and a Midwich offering.