Dbd player base is in a sharp decline.

Do you think solo q hud will help this?

Is the game dying?

Are killers just p2w now?

What are your thoughts?

Comments

  • if you look at the 2 years-view, yes it's slowly dying but i think it's probably normal, nearly no game is growing playerbases forever and the game is nearly 6 years old. They made some bad decisions that prevented the game from keeping its high playerbase peaks, and i think some obviously needed changes are coming WAY too slow, but the core playerbase is very loyal (i know some guys who are complaining about dbd 24/7 but still play it every day).

    A lot of the casual dbd players are playing solo survivor. It slowly started being less fun after the MMR changes and the gameplay changes that came with it (more efficiency-based playstyles on both sides that are just less fun to play against). I also think the last meta changes weren't good at all, first i was happy about it happening because the old meta was kinda stale, but the game definitely felt less fun afterwards on BOTH sides, after testing it for a while.

    I probably was also a bit burned out, playing this game competitively for 9 months with nearly 3h playtime every day. I haven't started it since a month and i don't really miss it (i'm just here because i heard about the nurse nerfs <3), but i plan to give it another chance when the solo buffs are finally coming.

  • ...the same charts that tell you the playerbase is totally fine, you mean?

    @Paternalpark said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3317343#Comment_3317343

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3317340#Comment_3317340

    I'd argue this is good information as steam you have to purchase the game while xbox beta gives it for free.

    Epic gives better discounts but I hardly see an epic user in my lobbies.

    2 years ago there was a peak of 100k players now we are around 30k..

    I see console players in basically every match I play.

    Also, basically every game that has ever existed has way less players than their all-time peak. Are you using steam charts for the first time in your life and just making wild conjecture off of them, or what?

    @Paternalpark said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3317392#Comment_3317392

    I hope so, as I can't play ED when the lobbies take 10 mins to find. And then survivors quit because they want to be their prestige player or want someone else to be support.

    All I'm doing is looking at the peak and the current average.

    That's not cherry picking if I didn't present an argument.

    ED?

    Lobbies come to me in a minute or two.

    You did present an argument, your argument is "Dbd player base is in a sharp decline." which you stated as a fact, despite the evidence you cited clearly going against your argument.

    He didn't post those charts, and the person who did posted the yearly chart

  • A few thoughts here:

    • Let’s stop pretending that Steam charts doesn’t give us some indication of the overall direction in number of players because it doesn’t include other platforms. The sample size is more than large enough to be statistically significant. There’s no reason that the trend wouldn’t be similar on other platforms.
    • The Steam player base is pretty stable over the last few years in total. The count always goes up for new chapters and special events (definitely some more than others). The game is nowhere near dying at this point.
    • As more and more content gets added to the game, it becomes increasingly overwhelming for new players. I believe this is deterring new players from becoming regular members of the player base. I think the only way for BHVR to fix this problem is to eventually come out with a DbD2, which means they have to abandon the current game at some point.
  • @OrangeBear said:

    I don't think the game is dying at all. I think people were disappointed with Forged in Fog chapter but that's it.

    Bingo.

  • @sanees said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/360995/dbd-player-base-is-in-a-sharp-decline

    1 hud will absolutely help solo and increase online

    2 online dbd has always had waves from content to content (the exception was last year when the killers were so weak that no one wanted to play for them and therefore the survivors had queues of 30 minutes)

    3 they never were, the strongest killers are blight and nurs, and they are available for in-game currency

    I think they are talking about Killer perks. Eruption is meta, and it's a perk for Nemesis, so you have to spend money on it if it is not in the Shrine.

1 2 ›