I don't think anyone knows the exact time when it decays but it is generally agreed on that it's about 24 hours give or take before the DC penalties decay. They'll keep going up if you keep DC'ing
I don't think anyone knows the exact time when it decays but it is generally agreed on that it's about 24 hours give or take before the DC penalties decay. They'll keep going up if you keep DC'ing
Decay, but not reset. That's the important difference.
Honestly it worries me. For a while now I had to play on a very old lpaotp with wonky unstable internet. And my penalty has been going up to even 24 hours. When I've been getting disconnected because of things out of my control. I've been playing since 2018, with more than 3k hours and alot of money spent and I don't want to end up getting banned over something like this.
Honestly it worries me. For a while now I had to play on a very old lpaotp with wonky unstable internet. And my penalty has been going up to even 24 hours. When I've been getting disconnected because of things out of my control. I've been playing since 2018, with more than 3k hours and alot of money spent and I don't want to end up getting banned over something like this.
Best bet is probably to avoid playing until your internet issues are resolved. We had wild weather last week in my area and after the power went out two nights in a row, I simply didn't play for the next few nights, just in case, until it was resolved.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
it increases a little with every dc, first its 1 min, then 5, then 15, then 30, then so on
im pretty sure the time also resets daily? but im not too sure
I think the timer resets every 24 hours. So if you dc’d within that time period then thats probably why your timer is 15 minutes.
It DOESNT reset daily, so people don't get the wrong idea.
The exact mechanic isn't public knowledge.
I don't think anyone knows the exact time when it decays but it is generally agreed on that it's about 24 hours give or take before the DC penalties decay. They'll keep going up if you keep DC'ing
Decay, but not reset. That's the important difference.
Tru Dat
I've gotten a handful of DC penalties when the servers have been wonky so it's never been something I've had to be all that concerned about
The DC penalty will decay over time. However, we're not sharing the decay rate specifically.
Honestly it worries me. For a while now I had to play on a very old lpaotp with wonky unstable internet. And my penalty has been going up to even 24 hours. When I've been getting disconnected because of things out of my control. I've been playing since 2018, with more than 3k hours and alot of money spent and I don't want to end up getting banned over something like this.
Best bet is probably to avoid playing until your internet issues are resolved. We had wild weather last week in my area and after the power went out two nights in a row, I simply didn't play for the next few nights, just in case, until it was resolved.
Is there still a penalty for disconnecting when someone else in the game has already disconnected?