Why I hate on this game as a solo:

1st game today: Wesker hard proxy camps 1st hook. Teammate tries to rescue he downs them and leaves them slugged near hook. Continues to guard both. I try to pick one up off the ground and get downed. 4th teammate doesn’t even help. I took my 4% chances and left.

2nd game: Clown face camps first hook from about 10 meters away. I go in for save and he has pinky finger and downs me 1 hit. 4%s and out.

3rd game: Bubba. I save teammate from 1st hook by body blocking until drop. He chases me and downs me after his chainsaw hits the window edge yet he doesn’t rage out saving him time to keep the chase way tighter than it should have been. He leaves but no one comes for me so I go to struggle. After save he downs them quickly 1 after another since they all hook dive and hand him the game.

4th game: Wraith overpursues a Dwight most of the game while the team actually does gens. It turns into the facecamp endgame where we save Dwight but all take turns on the hook. I get the short straw and die while the other 3 escape.

When the majority of my games are like this… I’m not unique. It must be the case that most solo games are like this and that’s mostly borne out in these forums. This game masquerades as an asymmetrical yet fair game when it’s nothing of the sort. It’s terrible matchmaking that makes most games unfair from the start and the killer player with the ability to skew the game even more heavily in their favor by their choice of build and tactics. I’ve severely reduced my time in this game and now mostly play SWF unless I just feel like playing regardless of the extreme likelihood of losing.

Comments

  • @Audiophile said:

    1st game today: Wesker hard proxy camps 1st hook. Teammate tries to rescue he downs them and leaves them slugged near hook. Continues to guard both. I try to pick one up off the ground and get downed. 4th teammate doesn’t even help. I took my 4% chances and left.

    2nd game: Clown face camps first hook from about 10 meters away. I go in for save and he has pinky finger and downs me 1 hit. 4%s and out.

    3rd game: Bubba. I save teammate from 1st hook by body blocking until drop. He chases me and downs me after his chainsaw hits the window edge yet he doesn’t rage out saving him time to keep the chase way tighter than it should have been. He leaves but no one comes for me so I go to struggle. After save he downs them quickly 1 after another since they all hook dive and hand him the game.

    4th game: Wraith overpursues a Dwight most of the game while the team actually does gens. It turns into the facecamp endgame where we save Dwight but all take turns on the hook. I get the short straw and die while the other 3 escape.

    When the majority of my games are like this… I’m not unique. It must be the case that most solo games are like this and that’s mostly borne out in these forums. This game masquerades as an asymmetrical yet fair game when it’s nothing of the sort. It’s terrible matchmaking that makes most games unfair from the start and the killer player with the ability to skew the game even more heavily in their favor by their choice of build and tactics. I’ve severely reduced my time in this game and now mostly play SWF unless I just feel like playing regardless of the extreme likelihood of losing.

    Camping and tunneling is the easiest way to pressure the team which is why people do it. U need pressure

    If u Losing? camp your next hook which will force at least two people off gens if they wanna save. Otherwise one person will just get grab trying to unhook. Being in these scenario over and over may reinforce how helpless u can be playing solo q (simply lack coordination). But In a swf u can actually pressure the other side back consistently through swarming with flashlights, sabo plays, and body blocking. Now u got the killer looking over his/her shoulder circling areas trying to secure a pick up. Continue to play in your swf my guy. Survivors getting new icons soon!! maybe u can return to solo afterwards

  • This game was at its peak in 2021.

    It was when survivors were still able to play without having to be super efficient.

    Hatch. DS. 80 second Gens. Less oppressive builds for killer.

    I don't know why devs decided to hand hold killers. I played Dying Light Be The Zombie b4 I knew of Dead By Daylight and would main zombie. The game was survivor sided but was very addictive in that I had to work hard for kills.

    I don't know what satisfaction Killers in this game get now that they can just cheese.