Delibrately Bleed Survivors to Death For 'FUN'

What's your opinion on bleeding survivors to death without hooking at all?

On EU servers there are some killers deliberately do this for 'fun'. Yesterday I played against a nurse and at the end there were only me and a Mikaela left in game. The nurse downed Mikaela, slugged them while chased and downed me, which was understandable. But 2 minutes in while i was on the floor, Mikaela was bled to death. The nurse continued to stand next to my character to bleed me out, and only picked up last second for hook points. So yes, there were hooks around me, the nurse just chose to bleed me for 3.9 minutes for 'fun'.

While slugging could be a strategy to win the game, I think in the above case is unnecessary slugging. Standing over another player's character to bleed them out is a form of toxicity, trolling, griefing, or refusing to participate in normal gameplay (whatever you want to call it).

Sadly this nurse i played against repeatedly do this to many survivors. DBD devs say they don't tolerate toxicity in the community. I'd like to see if they would do anything to prevent these trolls to ruin others' experience.

What's your thoughts and experiences? Do you think unbreakable base kit could solve this problem?

Comments

  • @Jensen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/359441/delibrately-bleed-survivors-to-death-for-fun

    How about not unbreakable basekit, how about when everybody is down the killer just wins the game? Because if i understand your problem right, your problem is that you dont die fast enoth while you dont have a chance anymore.

    Or a surrender option

    Ehm unbreakable basekit was in planning exactly because of the instant Mori when all survivor are either hooked or slugged?

    That's the whole idea bhvr had and tested a month ago?

  • @TealJade said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3305643#Comment_3305643

    I would say in 1/4 of my killer games, survivors ‘camp’ exit gates for 2 minutes. Like I said I just go around the map to hit snowmen, or you can break pallets and doors for points.

    I do not camp exit gates personally. The only times I dont leave at exit is a) someone else might stilll be in chase in map b) my buddy and I are gesturing at each other to take ss but we pretty much leave immediately after the ss are done.

    You seem to make these two issues related to each other so I guess since I don’t ‘camp’ exit I don’t deserve to be bled out for 4 minutes? :)

    i would say I was bled to death for about 10-15 times in the past 3-6 months. Way more frequent than in the past year or so. Some of which was understandable like I crawled away from the spot to try to find hatch. The others were just malicious gameplay.

    I wonder how bleeding for 4 minutes while standing over the slug is acceptable. Whats the points of having hooks in the game then?

    Uff 1/4 vs 10-15 times in 3-6 MONTHS? How many games could that have been, hundreds? That would be a huge difference in frequency.

    Edit: ah okay i retract my statement and noticed my mistake: 1/4 of the games WITHOUT OR ONLY ONE KILL.

    But with such a vague statement the comparison is completely and entirely useless.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3305653#Comment_3305653

    No, again you get it wrong. I dont say they are related, ill repeat again "Survivors are WILLING to waste 2 minutes of every single game, just to annoy the killer, but when the killer does it for 4 minutes its wrong? "

    I even wrote it with capital letters.

    I wonder how bleeding for 4 minutes while standing over the slug is acceptable. Whats the points of having hooks in the game then?

    And I wonder how camping at the exit gate for 2 minutes when everyone is safe, is acceptable.

    Are you really unable to see that "BOTH" actions are unnecessarily wasting the time of the other side? (if you reply will be "the killer can just push the survivors out" then you are not understanding what im saying, or are simply too stubborn to admit that both sides are wasting each others time when doing it).

    I agree both actions cause a waste of time to another side.

    The difference is as killer, if you have survivors attempting to waste your time for fun by exit campjng , you can go push them out and end the game as soon as you m1 maybe twice.

    As survivors being bled on floor, you can’t make the killer hook you.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3305653#Comment_3305653

    Uff 1/4 vs 10-15 times in 3-6 MONTHS? How many games could that have been, hundreds? That would be a huge difference in frequency.

    1/4 of my killer games that I don’t get 2 kills or more. More than half of my killer games are 2-4 kills since the last rank reset. You know they need to group up at exit and tbag and blind and if they are alone at exit or just two of them left they run out asap LOL

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3305655#Comment_3305655

    Ehm unbreakable basekit was in planning exactly because of the instant Mori when all survivor are either hooked or slugged?

    That's the whole idea bhvr had and tested a month ago?

    unbreakable basekit would destroying slugging in the whole game, and would destroy one tactical element of the killer. In my opinion the problem of slugging people to death is not that bad to remove the whole slugging mechanic

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3305661#Comment_3305661

    Can you please read everything i said in my last 2 comments again, untill you actually understand what im saying?

    No sorry I tried and I think I understand your point both actions are toxic but you don’t understand my point that the killers have more control over these situation LOL sorry

  • @Jensen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3305659#Comment_3305659

    unbreakable basekit would destroying slugging in the whole game, and would destroy one tactical element of the killer. In my opinion the problem of slugging people to death is not that bad to remove the whole slugging mechanic

    And that's the reason why the thought of unbreakable basekit was making such an uproar on the forums and the whole idea of instant mori+ basekit ub went back to the drawing board.

    And I personally can't say anything about the frequency of slugging to death since i am a friendly killer main and never slugged to death (except when they crawled into hiding and I felt bad afterwards).

  • @Jensen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3305659#Comment_3305659

    unbreakable basekit would destroying slugging in the whole game, and would destroy one tactical element of the killer. In my opinion the problem of slugging people to death is not that bad to remove the whole slugging mechanic

    I really don’t want unbreakable basekit. I imagine myself vs a 3 or 4 man with 3-4 flashlights and they purposely got downed in the open T_T it had happened before!

    do I have to use lightborn every game I see two flashlights in lobby? If I don’t have starstruck and infectious fright does it mean I’m doomed?

  • @TealJade said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3305660#Comment_3305660

    1/4 of my killer games that I don’t get 2 kills or more. More than half of my killer games are 2-4 kills since the last rank reset. You know they need to group up at exit and tbag and blind and if they are alone at exit or just two of them left they run out asap LOL

    Well that's the case for you with 3700+ hours, which isn't representative for the average killer.

    But the amount of you getting slugged to death is also not representative for the average survivor.

    Both instances of toxicity maybe way more or less frequent.

    I can only speak from my casual killer viewpoint and say that exit gate tbagging plus waiting for the last second of egc can be rampant on eu west.

    At least until last year, haven't really played since then.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3305669#Comment_3305669

    Last try...

    When one side are WILLING to waste the time of the other side, (and given the chance they do it 95% of the time) with the argument, they can just push us out.

    But the same side cry when the table is turned, which is rarely happening compared to how often they do it, because it have no counterplay (except for those mentioned already).

    Thats double standards, they loose 4 minutes for every 20-30 mins they wasted of other peoples time, and then they complain about their wasted time.

    When i was killer i started slugging just to give back for the exit gate camping, so there is your connection.

    Stop wasting the killers time and the killer might do the same, - unless that train already left the station.

    wow I disagree 200%

    the survivor you slug is not the survivor that camps exit and tbags from your previous game.

    Individual’s bad behaviour shouldn’t lead to punishments to the whole group. how is that even fair? :0

    if a particular surv tbags me at every pallet or clicks clicks clicks at me as if they are super cool I just make sure they get my attention (which results in elimination LOL) as that is what they want

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3305669#Comment_3305669

    Last try...

    When one side are WILLING to waste the time of the other side, (and given the chance they do it 95% of the time) with the argument, they can just push us out.

    But the same side cry when the table is turned, which is rarely happening compared to how often they do it, because it have no counterplay (except for those mentioned already).

    Thats double standards, they loose 4 minutes for every 20-30 mins they wasted of other peoples time, and then they complain about their wasted time.

    When i was killer i started slugging just to give back for the exit gate camping, so there is your connection.

    Stop wasting the killers time and the killer might do the same, - unless that train already left the station.

    That train has long lost the station is already a burning wreck on the side of a cliff.

    Both sides have conditioned each other to do their worst because the "other" started it.

  • ‘When i was killer i started slugging just to give back for the exit gate camping’

    you can’t possibly slug someone who already camped exit gate and eventually exited.

    So you slugged random people to ‘make up’ for your previous bad experience. you literally said ‘stop wasting killers time and they might do the same’ but the game doesn’t start at EGC you know.

  • @TealJade said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3305587#Comment_3305587

    Do you really play the game, and did you really read my original post?

    Im trying to help here so here’s probably my last reply to you.

    1 survivor was downed and hooked at the beginning of game. Another survivor unhooked while the nurse blinked back to hook and pretty much immediately downed the rescuer within 10 seconds. Until this point I noticed the nurse got PAIN RES as I screamed at my gen. Nurse hooked the rescuer and went for the one who was just unhooked. One hit down, another scourge hook and my gen exploded again. Rescuer got unhooked and the nurse blinked to him and ‘tunneled’ him off hook. Another one hit down and back on scourge hook. Repeat until these two died. I was on a gen, it blew up multiple times I don’t even remember how many, it couldn’t be finished. I did not know what another remaining full health survivor, mikaela was doing. I assume she did some of the unhooks as I was on the same exploding gen most of the time.

    Me and mikaela left in game, the nurse downed the mikaela and slugged, I was still on that repeatedly exploded gen and as the progress was only about 50% so I decided to go across the map to pick mikaela up. In this case honestly finishing one gen wouldn’t even make any changes.

    i picked mikaela up, she managed to fully healed herself while I got on another gen. Mikaela got found, downed and slugged again. My new gen was 99ed. I decided to pop it anyways. Killer was nearby already, I got in chase, downed. Mikaela bled to death around 2 minutes after I was downed. Killer continued to stand over my character for almost 2 more minutes, only picked up when my bled out bar like one sec to empty.

    I could have brought a key, but it would only be a chance to escape while 1. Another survivor got left on floor for 4 whole minutes and I let it happen 2. I find the hatch before the killer does, or let the killer find the hatch and I do not get spotted before I find it mind you it takes a few seconds to reopen hatch with key now. 3. If killers see a survivor with key in lobby, they always eliminate them first which is one of the reasons I don’t normally bring key.

    Is it not ok for the killers to bleed survivors out ,if that's what they enjoy about the game.

    It doesn't matter if it's toxic or griefing,which is in the lightest form of griefing which people on any other game that has a bleed out timers ,people tend to let you bleed out, which is a constant thing in solo q battle royals but unbreakable and keys exist in this game

    In a game with serial killers , who's goal is to kill you would think bleeding survivor's out would never happen in a game like that 🤣

    When survivor's hide and wait for hatch ,which can last 30 minutes + should killers be given the option to stop the match ? 4 minutes of being slugged isn't nearly as bad as survivors jumping in a locker and staying in there 10 minutes when running tombstone

    It sounds like the nurse never closed hatch why not try to crawl to the hatch, there's no way they can pick you up multiple times if your health was at 2% without trigger the escape from the killers grasp or you bleeding out because each time your put down you lose a couple of milliseconds on the health state.

    I was in the game with an Ada and her team and they wouldn't let me hook her specifically all three of them body blocked 3 time's so I decided to slug her.I only see this as a way for survivors to bypass the DC penalty you could run tenacity hide a bit and just give up because you don't want to play that match but also making it harder for others in solo que,who can be griefed with this mechanic

  • @TealJade said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3305676#Comment_3305676

    wow I disagree 200%

    the survivor you slug is not the survivor that camps exit and tbags from your previous game.

    Individual’s bad behaviour shouldn’t lead to punishments to the whole group. how is that even fair? :0

    if a particular surv tbags me at every pallet or clicks clicks clicks at me as if they are super cool I just make sure they get my attention (which results in elimination LOL) as that is what they want

    You are not wrong, but I'll leave this nugget ot wisdom here, to dwell upon:

    every single killer game, with maaaaybe a notable exception of less then a dozen individual instances, I got survivors lingering at the exit gates.

    In my survivor games I have been slugged and bleedout, yes, but this were individual instances. 99% of my survivor games ended with either me escaping or getting hooked/moried, but the times I was bleed out are really a miniscule fraction of a fraction of und abuse I got through as a killer.

    You are right, the killer can push survivor's through the door, while survivor's can't die on the ground (and DCing is a very subpar method of getting out), but the two are in no reasonable ratio.

    I am still hoping that we will get one day the perk "Just Leave". I will then equip it in every killers regular first slot and never remove it :>

  • @DashMonsta008XV said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3305623#Comment_3305623

    Is it not ok for the killers to bleed survivors out ,if that's what they enjoy about the game.

    It doesn't matter if it's toxic or griefing,which is in the lightest form of griefing which people on any other game that has a bleed out timers ,people tend to let you bleed out, which is a constant thing in solo q battle royals but unbreakable and keys exist in this game

    In a game with serial killers , who's goal is to kill you would think bleeding survivor's out would never happen in a game like that 🤣

    When survivor's hide and wait for hatch ,which can last 30 minutes + should killers be given the option to stop the match ? 4 minutes of being slugged isn't nearly as bad as survivors jumping in a locker and staying in there 10 minutes when running tombstone

    It sounds like the nurse never closed hatch why not try to crawl to the hatch, there's no way they can pick you up multiple times if your health was at 2% without trigger the escape from the killers grasp or you bleeding out because each time your put down you lose a couple of milliseconds on the health state.

    I was in the game with an Ada and her team and they wouldn't let me hook her specifically all three of them body blocked 3 time's so I decided to slug her.I only see this as a way for survivors to bypass the DC penalty you could run tenacity hide a bit and just give up because you don't want to play that match but also making it harder for others in solo que,who can be griefed with this mechanic

    I’m glad you agreeed it is a form of griefing. :)

    once again, unbreakable and key is not a counter as the killer stands over the slug the entire time.

    im not sure what you are talking about serial killers since I play dead by daylight which is a video game , and in dead by daylight there are hooks and hook states. I always try to hook survivors 3 times in my killer games. I thought I was playing dead by daylight, and I wasn’t playing a ‘game’ called ‘being bled out on floor while killer stands over me for 3.9 minutes’.

    do read what I said when survivors hid or camped exit gates in my killer games.

    im also glad you agreed killlers can push survivors out but survivors can’t make killers hook :)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3305689#Comment_3305689

    Yes, because people constantly did/do it, so why not just do the same?

    I give as good as i get.

    But oh no.... its toxic when the killer drag time, and completly fine when the survivors drag time?

    I already said I don’t think camping exit gate is fine, all I said was killers have the choice push them out, or eliminate most of them before EGC Kek

    You direct your anger to innocent people, which is not fine. If you really get so angry in dead by daylight, why not take a break? You can also uninstall for your own well-being’s sake :)

    or you can make suggestions on forums about how to make killer game experience better, for example an option to play against swf or not . I personally would love that since swf games always means a struggle as I mostly play legion ghostie and trapper LOL

  • @TealJade said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3305725#Comment_3305725

    I’m glad you agreeed it is a form of griefing. :)

    once again, unbreakable and key is not a counter as the killer stands over the slug the entire time.

    im not sure what you are talking about serial killers since I play dead by daylight which is a video game , and in dead by daylight there are hooks and hook states. I always try to hook survivors 3 times in my killer games. I thought I was playing dead by daylight, and I wasn’t playing a ‘game’ called ‘being bled out on floor while killer stands over me for 3.9 minutes’.

    do read what I said when survivors hid or camped exit gates in my killer games.

    im also glad you agreed killlers can push survivors out but survivors can’t make killers hook :)

    If everything I've said to you and that's all you took away that than this is more motive driven as it clearly reads.

    I'm glad everything,I said was disregarded and completely not valid? I don't find the use in explaining any further,I'll end the conversation here good day.

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3305121#Comment_3305121

    Can I get some clarification on this, please?

    I've only ever heard that 'slugging isn't against the rules', which is true. Not all slugging falls into a 'BM' or greifing category, obviously, so there's nuance to this that can be hard to capture.

    But in the past, I've had killers who, when everyone is dead already, stand over my body as I bleed out throwing hatchets at me. Even crawling past several functional hooks, not getting picked up and more hatchets and swinging. Until I eventually bleed out on the ground.

    So in this kind of extreme griefing instance, I should be submitting reports for this? I admit it's rare for this level, but I'd always been under the impression that this exact scenario is 'not reportable, don't bother.'

    Or maybe I misunderstood and you're only offering an alternative for video upload without trying to imply that the report is valid or actionable.

    I was intending to validate the use of Youtube as a solution to video limits.

    As for the topic itself - slugging is on the invalid report list as it is a valid game mechanic (https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408586353940-Invalid-report-reasons) and is not reportable.

    Griefing often refers to someone is targeting the same person over and over to ruin their experience. In order to make a valid report for griefing, on top of an in-game report, video evidence would need to be provided that demonstrates specific player targeting across multiple games.

  • Hi folks, let's please remain civil. I appreciate there are strong feelings around the topic, and at the same time, we need to remain respectful in our discussions. Thank you kindly.

  • It's not about fun, it's about sending a message.

    slugtime.jpg


  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3305121#Comment_3305121

    Can I get some clarification on this, please?

    I've only ever heard that 'slugging isn't against the rules', which is true. Not all slugging falls into a 'BM' or greifing category, obviously, so there's nuance to this that can be hard to capture.

    But in the past, I've had killers who, when everyone is dead already, stand over my body as I bleed out throwing hatchets at me. Even crawling past several functional hooks, not getting picked up and more hatchets and swinging. Until I eventually bleed out on the ground.

    So in this kind of extreme griefing instance, I should be submitting reports for this? I admit it's rare for this level, but I'd always been under the impression that this exact scenario is 'not reportable, don't bother.'

    Or maybe I misunderstood and you're only offering an alternative for video upload without trying to imply that the report is valid or actionable.

    Yes, that would be considered BM and reportable. In my situation, the killer hovered over hatch, pretended that they were going to give it to me and then closed it right when I got close. They then proceeded to down me, spawn guards on me, swing at my body, and let me bleed out the timer.

  • This thread might hold the record for worst takes on this forum.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3306702#Comment_3306702

    No its not, entertainment720 have answered this many times the last few days.

    Did you not read? It wasn't just slugging. If there were 2 survivors and he left me to find the other survivor to end us both, different story. This person intentionally downed me at hatch and proceeded to swing at my body, summon guards on me, and let me bleed out for absolutely no reason at all. Hatch is locked and I'm downed. You consider this a legit tactic? Game could've ended the moment he downed me at hatch but he proceeded to taunt me and wait out the timer.

    I'm sure what entertainment meant by slugging is valid when there are two survivors left and one is left downed to search for the other. Don't try to promote bad behavior by skewing meanings.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3306983#Comment_3306983

    It dosnt matter what i think, but since you ask. i dont think its any worse than survivors standing and waiting for the killer at the exit gate, and if i ever get back to playing killer, i will do that with the last survivor for as long as they survivors wait at the exit gates instead of just running out.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/800ZS7R2Q6EQ/image.png

    Why do people like you like to bring up survivors being toxic as a counter argument? Report those guys for all I care. If they get a ban then good. I don't support bad manners or toxic behavior, regardless of which side it is. You shouldn't promote bad behavior with bad behavior. But if that's the attitude that you roll with then we can just end this conversation here because you can't be reasoned with and it's not worth anyone's time to try and argue.

    In entertainment's scenario, I cannot go to another exit gate because I am downed. I am the last survivor and by body is on top of hatch right where the killer is standing. Baiting the hatch is not the issue. The issue comes where the killer can easily just hook me and end the game at that point. Instead, they chose to taunt me the whole time throughout EGC. What don't you understand about this? The game can be finished just by him hanging me.

  • I think I've played Nurse that day, and I've even slugged several survivors to death. (That day I had the open mouth + white-ish dress skin)

    However every single one of them made it impossible for me to hook them. (e.g. they died in a no-hook zone with boil over and/or flip-flop.)

    Since it happened in several matches I'm assuming there is some challenge about this, or players are emulating some streamer.


    If this rings a bell, then know the goal was to counter the build, not waste anyone's time (especially not mine).



    edit: mixed-up perk names. I went against a buckle-up + flip-flop but I've actually tested that guy's combo multiple times, killed his team and gave him hatch.

  • @drsoontm said:

    I think I've played Nurse that day, and I've even slugged several survivors to death. (That day I had the open mouth + white-ish dress skin)

    However every single one of them made it impossible for me to hook them. (e.g. they died in a no-hook zone with boil over and/or flip-flop.)

    Since it happened in several matches I'm assuming there is some challenge about this, or players are emulating some streamer.

    If this rings a bell, then know the goal was to counter the build, not waste anyone's time (especially not mine).

    edit: mixed-up perk names. I went against a buckle-up + flip-flop but I've actually tested that guy's combo multiple times, killed his team and gave him hatch.

    I don't play Nurse, but I once had a match where a Survivor ran to one of those zones where they can't be picked up (I forget which map it was; this was awhile back).

    I walked away, and they had Unbreakable. Because of course cheaters do.

    So I chased them, they ran back to the same spot, and I just stood over them and watched them bleed to death. I threw the match to make sure they died. I was Trapper, so I actually placed traps around him, so none of his friends could come pick him up.

    Of course, they called me a slugger in the endgame chat. Because them cheating with exploits was OK, but me slugging? HOW DARE I. 🤣

    My only reply was 'Cheaters get the slow death'.

  • there are multiple reasons why u might bleed a survivor as a killer.

    1. no hooks in the area, it happens
    2. you're running a slug build and don't hook them until they're all down
    3. survivor BM'd you during the match (teabaggers, beware)
    4. pressuring gens is more important than hooking the survivor (especially if it's late in the match and this survivor hasn't been hooked yet, just a waste of time to bother hooking them most of the time.)
    5. no reason at all, killer is just BMing
  • OK, I'm closing this thread - it's turned particularly messy with a lot of misinformation being spread.

    Slugging/camping/tunnelling etc ARE NOT REPORTABLE...neither is bleeding out a survivor and closing the hatch in their face.

    What is reportable under griefing is if this killer does this to you, and only you across SEVERAL matches, specifically targeting you and not anyone else.

1 2 3 ›