Should DBD have Singleplayer story missions?

Someone could argue that the Archives already do that kind of thing. They give you a "mission" and you get to read the lore behind each character involved with some cutscenes too. Curious to see the answers to this question ^^

Comments

  • I'd like some story mode but I think it would take a lot of work and I rather see them adressing other stuff first for the multiplayer aspect which is the core.

    But I'd love seeing more cutscenes and how killers interact with each other for example.

  • Fun idea, it'd be great for lore drops. But yh a lot of effort that I doubt BHVR would go through. The game vould definitely benefit from alternate game modes. It starts to get stale after a while.

  • I would say no

    Not because I don't think it would be a cool idea but there are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many more problems in the game that desperately need attention that adding yet another thing onto the pile seems like a bad decision, especially since this has always been a multiplayer game.

    BHVR, either because of management requirements or the team is too ambitious, already has a large number of problems with 4 DLCs a year. Tacking on yet another thing would just be one more thing to take away resources away from an already too resource starved game.

  • I'd rather the devs focus on other things. I personally wouldn't play it.

  • No. There are plenty of good SP games out there already, DBD should be PVP