Why does this game still stutter so bad

I'm playing on Ps5, no decently upkept game should be dropping and freezing if a Gen pops or someone is unhooked. If the so called next gen still has hardware issues then I can't help but question the game itself being in an extremely poor state. I shudder at the thought of how the Ps4 generation might still be. I stand by something I said before when the console issues were at an all time high, if a game like Red Dead Redemption 2 can run on a base system Ps4 with no issues, a game like Dbd having consistent frame issues that's been out for roughly half a decade on next Gen consoles is not acceptable

Comments

  • @Pulsar said:

    Recently, it's been getting more and more difficult to enjoy this game and to look over the glaring issues. The Console port of DBD has shown that the game is extremely poorly optimized, and performance will continue to get worse unless BHVR addresses the issues now.

    I fear that soon, the game will become unplayable for us on current-gen Consoles. Resident Evil broke the game for a month, and it still hasn't fully recovered. What this shows is that the issue is built into the game itself, and will likely continue to worsen if it is not resolved. Likewise, we are seeing the return of bugs long thought patched, which makes me suspect that the entire code is starting to crumble under the weight of the game. I hope BHVR takes the time to do this correctly and fixes their game. If they do not, I fear we will soon lose the ability to play it at all.

    Here are some videos demonstrating my points, please note that these were all taken PRIOR to the RE patch in June of 2021. These issues have been plaguing Console players since the game was ported in 2017. I doubt there will ever be an official confirmation from BHVR, but it is important that we do not let these issues go silently. The only thing we can do is continue to talk and spread awareness about them.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl7zIxwMUn0&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7p_8C649Rs&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSa8yNir8wU&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlwQc0rdiM0&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tQaee-Od90&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360

    August Edit: Well, we are nearing 100 pages. Congrats everyone. We still haven't gotten an answer from BHVR about what happened to Optimization, but we have inspired others to start to question it. I've furthered clarified the purpose of the thread and adjusted some of the language used in this opening statement to better reflect that.

    Thank you.

    I've been trying to bring attention to the issues on Console for years. I agree, it's completely unacceptable that next-gen console still have issues. PS4, Xbox One and the Switch are all suffering.

    Feel free to post any videos and stuff to the thread.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/245229/the-continued-ignorance-of-performance-issues-continues-to-hamper-player-fun

    I've been trying to bring attention to the issues on Console for years. I agree, it's completely unacceptable that next-gen console still have issues. PS4, Xbox One and the Switch are all suffering.

    Feel free to post any videos and stuff to the thread.

    I've seen you on it for a while, I salute your diligence to the console cause my brother in plastic cased arms. May the Bhvr gods take pity on the console peasants someday

  • @wakwak said:

    I'm playing on Ps5, no decently upkept game should be dropping and freezing if a Gen pops or someone is unhooked. If the so called next gen still has hardware issues then I can't help but question the game itself being in an extremely poor state. I shudder at the thought of how the Ps4 generation might still be. I stand by something I said before when the console issues were at an all time high, if a game like Red Dead Redemption 2 can run on a base system Ps4 with no issues, a game like Dbd having consistent frame issues that's been out for roughly half a decade on next Gen consoles is not acceptable

    I've literally lost out on chases and using perks because of how bad the stuttering gets and I've been cucked out of downs I could've got cause the servers. They poorly optimize it so bad that literally any changes to the base game is a spin the wheel scenario on what's going to get broken for the next month(s). Will it be killer power/addons, survivors items, map spawns, literal game crashes, or my personal favorite, even more stuttering than usual