Show how many totems are left next to generator icon
NOED is a contentious perk because it rewards killers for playing bad, the only counter argument is that the survivors should have gotten all the totems.
If getting totems is meant to be an actual objective and the balance of NOED is based on survivors destroying totems, make destroying totems count towards objective emblem and show how many are left on the map (same as gens).
This change would be a huge quality of life buff to the game and would actually make NOED fair.
Comments
I know gen count is number + 2 but for totems it should start at 5 and just go down. Maybe it should show for survivors only?
So sadly a totem counter would make it too easy to counter.
I don’t like this idea, it is just feeding me information. There is no effort needed as a survivor. I play solo survivors and I like that surprise when killers are running certain perks.
As survivors we are given a lot of information as it is.
Exactly. I hate that I can tell when the obsession is being chased since they make the emblem around their name move...Why do I have this information? I didn't play this game to be a running/hold this button simulator but to have chases and try to hide from a killer OR to be the terrifying killer and hunt my prey.
@The_Crusader + @Iceman
Sorry but you are both wrong, SWF can easily call anything out to each other (how many totems are left is just one of them) this change would make solo que a lot more fair and there's nothing fun about finding out the killer has NOED and there was no way to keep track of countering it.
There is also nothing fun in getting a bunch of free information simply because "hey why not".
SWF messes with the balance of this game but giving all the information you could ever need makes every task feel more and more brain-dead.
While at the same time it would be a huge nerf for NOED.
NOED only punishes gen rushers and halves the amount of hits the killer needs. Unlike DS which doesn't have a counter and rewards failure.
And we can add generator progression meter for killer.
Lets take a moment to think about totem hunting as an actual objective, think about how different the game looks when comparing a team that calls out the info vs a team that doesn't. The team without voice coms is very likely to run around the map over and over again looking for a dull totem that their teammate already got or whats even more likely, each player thinks someone else is getting totems and no one does, or 1 or 2 people try to get them but miss one.
Saying there shouldn't be a totem counter is the same as saying "why not just play SWF every game".
I agree on noed punishing genrushers, but you gotta admit it also rewards failure to the killer for letting survivors do all 5 gens.
And you don’t have to buy it, I am not here to please anyone. I am just sharing how I like to play. I don’t like information being handed to me. You don’t buy a crossword puzzle just to go to the back of the book to find the answers.
If if you don’t want to deal with noed then find the totems.
It depends. Show me a killer who can stop a SWF gen rush. The depip squad made that pretty clear. If a SWF group is dedicated to rush, no killer can stop them.
If you want to talk about the balance of DS start your own discussion, what's being discussed here is NOED and totem tracking (I personally feel that DS shouldn't be an obsession perk and should always require the 50% wiggle).
What a stupid fallacy you committed "imbalance is ok because some other form of imbalance also exists"
Hag 3 gens game.
With her i don't really care about genrushing, i actually encourage it. I just make sure they do the gens i want to be done.
Edit: i've watched quite a few videos from the depip squad and honestly, many of the killers they were facing were pretty bad.
Well, of course everything can be countered, would be unfair otherwise.
You asked me for a killer who can deal with genrush and i provided that information. Also ofc the hag is not the only one who can play the 3 gens game.
It's easier with some killers. But not guaranteed to work.
I'm one of those survivors
As a said, everything should have a counter, so it's fine.
PS: replies from cellphones dont send the notification by default.
Ok, lets go back to OP NOED.
I personally think noed is fine. I dont get all this hate towards it.
The game already shows debuff icons when affected by Totems and status Perks...
I don´t get the hate either. I guess it has something to do with that survivors think they won the game, once all gens are repaired. That they deserve to escape.
shrugs
"I don´t get the hate either. I guess it has something to do with that survivors think they won the game, once all gens are repaired. That they deserve to escape.
shrugs"
I wont generalize amd lump all Survivors into the same group, but there's a fair amount that are entitled and feel they are the power role in this game. Many feel if the Killer isn't playing a certain way/using certain Perks that they're automatically a "tryhard" or "sweaty" which I find really hilarious.
I play both sides, but favor Killer, call me biased all ya like...but I see more Survivors on these boards complaining about Killers than I see the other way around, sans SWF talk, which mostly amounts to asking for a balance or slight tweak IE: extra BPs, notification it's a SWF and, my personal pick, Killer's Perks, Add-ons & Offerings not shown till the match is over for everyone.
And before some of you retort...no I don't expect a 4k every time I'm killer, I aim,for 4k and happily settle with whatever I end up getting, which at times is a 0-3k scenario.
Why not buff Small Game (The Survivor perk) to do just that?
I like this ^
Uhh
Arguing with logic and common sense.
Where do you think you are?
And ask for the worthless Talk of the killer didn't deserve that kill is pretty much invalid when you have to understand that the killers main job is too and you can quote me on this KILL.
Yes I understand that some of you don't like the fact that certain perks exist that will punish you for either being careless or getting too far too fast. Yes, no one escapes death is a bit bullshit at times but there's too many hints that the Killer is obviously using it.
If the Killer isn't really trying and there isn't hex ruin or any hex perk for that matter. It's going to be pretty obvious what they're using