I Would, Ya Know, Like To Play The Game.

A lot of my games recently have been killers that spawn in, immediately identify a 3-gen, and just spend the entire match at the 3-gen. This isnt even a matter of "watch what generators you do" because the killers themselves are intentionally ignoring survivors outside of the 3-gen so we are forced to go there to complete the generators.

Serious question, how is this fun. 20-30 minute matches of going back and forth to achieve literally no progress. Call of Brine, Overcharge, and Eruption as per usual to make generator impossible to complete, especially in SoloQ.

And this being said, I dont have an issue with the players, people will do what is naturally best, but the fact that this has been happening A LOT lately and has been a serious talking point within the game on social media kind of highlights how it is too effective. Why is BHVR enabling this type of gameplay?

This is quite literally the closest Ive been to quitting the game altogether, but Im nearly done with the Rift Pass. Idk. I just dont enjoy dealing with this over and over, and want to express my frustrations with this.

Comments

  • This community must learn how to take breaks.... that being said

    1) Yea a Killer finding and locking down a 3Gen is terrible... but look at it from the Killers perspective, they could've played a match (or more) that had them chasing a Survivor and having 2-3 Gens be complete and only end up hooking that one Survivor

    2) At this point I think Eruption should be Killswitched until they can come up with a better version of it (I know that's not how Killswitch works but -phrase I can't type- all of this discussion around Eruption is tiring)

    3) Also there are points in which both sides can work out which perks the other side doesn't like and agree to not use them

    I would turn this into a suggestion but I'll stop typing right now....

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3292190#Comment_3292190

    Survivors can 3-gen themselves, but I think people often forget that the killer has the power to force a 3-gen since the beginning. I mean, it's literally how most trap killers win anyways, because they otherwise cannot protect a wide generator spread (neither can most other killers).

    You answered your own question in opening post. "Serious question, how is this fun."

    Its not fun playing weak killers that have weak chase potential to be easily outplayed by survivors. Seriously, Take the new killer, the Knight. Why would a killer player roam around the map looking for chases with such a s** chase power? Most of killer powers are just plagued with drawbacks and survivor-fun mechanics. Your expecting trapper to fly around the map chasing people with no ability and hoping that he magically 3-4k's. You have to make killer power entertaining for killer player to use in order for killer player to entertain you in the chase. So far, they have only made killer entertaining for the survivor to go against but forgot the killer player playing the killer. inadequate chasing power to pressure the map results in 3 gen gameplay.

    In the same thing you quoted, I even presented game design solutions which could help balance the game better. But here is the ideal direction to go with the game:

    ~Maps can be made smaller (maps like Mother's Dwelling are too big to even be in the game the way they are) so map reworks are definitely needed. This can also be used as an opportunity to balance out survivor-sided and killer-sided maps to make them more balanced and fair for both sides.

    ~Killers can get increased movement speed after hooking a survivor, this movement speed will go away upon entering a chase. This will reward killers since they can now pressure different areas of the map easier, and since you get it off of hooking survivors, killers will be incentivized to progress their objective and pressure multiple generators and survivors.

    ~Increasing basekit kick regression, buffing hook-based regression/slowdown, nerfing passive slowdown; this will forced killers to progress the game and solve issues with the killer taking the game hostage. Furthermore, they were just overall more healthy for both sides, killers will feel rewarded for playing well.

    ~Trap Killers need reworks to their powers to make them more interesting for both sides. A lot of people find Trap Killers boring to play as due to the amount of set up time, combined with the fact that all that set up can still be denied any form of reward. A lot of people find Trap Killers boring to face against due to them never really interacting with most of the map. Something needs to change there imo.

    ~Generator Speed-up for Survivors needs to be nerfed, most notably Toolboxes and BNPs. Perk reworks can be in order to change perks to have more viability in different aspects of the game.

    ~SoloQ quality of life and basekit information perks. Many perks that are also only effective against SoloQ can also receive buffs and changes to make them better for dealing with SWFs. Make the game have more emphasis on playing as a team overall, and perks focused on playing against a team instead of individual players.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    Killers, stop tunneling.

    Also also, don't camp.

    Also also also, don't run Eruption.

    Also also also also, don't slug.

    Also also also also also, don't strat a 3-gen.

    I would ask if they want me to just stand there and do nothing but they don't like that either.

    You're supposed to chase every survivor, let them pallet stun you, blind you, t-bag you, hook them twice so they can get points for rescuing and let them all go. Oh, and run hex builds so they can cleanse/bless totems. You're not supposed to give them any kind of adversity and always play to make things fun for them.

  • @ByeByeQ said:

    I can't remember the last time I went up against a friendly killer or one that wasn't thirsty.

    Survivors could not be a total dick to killers that clearly are on the struggle bus, who have meme addons or perks.

  • @NITRAS42 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3290139#Comment_3290139

    Survivors could not be a total dick to killers that clearly are on the struggle bus, who have meme addons or perks.

    Agreed. I'm not teabagging killers at the exit gate. I just leave.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3290213#Comment_3290213

    You're supposed to chase every survivor, let them pallet stun you, blind you, t-bag you, hook them twice so they can get points for rescuing and let them all go. Oh, and run hex builds so they can cleanse/bless totems. You're not supposed to give them any kind of adversity and always play to make things fun for them.

    Oh, crap! Was I supposed to run hexes to cleanse?! Damn it, I'm behind on my homework. What chapter of the Survivor's Rulebook for Killers are we up to this semester? I'm still doing the practice test for respecting the 4%.

1 2 ›