Counterplay to Eruption?
With pain res I can let go of gen last second and not scream or bring sabotage and try to prevent scourge hooks.
Surge i can try to go down away from gens or just jump right back on gen.
Pop not really used anymore, just get back on gen
Overcharge do the skill check
Call of brine just touch the gen
Ruin cleanse the hex or just power through it
etc
Eruption I have no idea exactly when someone will go down. Even if i know the killer kicked the gen im on is it efficient to just wait for an unknown amount of time until someone is downed? Not really thats like making myself incapacitated. So basically forced to lose 30 sec of gen progress on every proc of perk and essentially cant play the game for that time period.
The only kind of counter i can think off is being swf on comms you just tell your teammate to touch gen. This is not a viable counter for solo or anybody not on comms, especially since DBD doesnt have in game comms.
Perhaps theres some counterplay im not aware of, enlighten me please?
Comments
Once upon a time DBD was built on an idea that you didn't have an omniscient level of knowledge of what to do at any given moment. Should you hide? Should you stay and work on the generator? Should you go for the save?
Uncertainty when it was built into the game (before SWF was an option) made the game fair.
The counterplay to eruption is that gens can be completed in as little as 40 seconds. Nerf minimum gen time to a mind blowing 60 seconds and then let's talk about eruption.
It's 2022, any game with a lifespan and a dedicated playerbase will use knowledge to their advantage, what is this argument. Smash was a party game and the people who enjoyed playing it competitively tried to eliminate the randomness of it as much as possible just to make it more skillful, what are you on?
I wish Incapacitated would at least put a symbol next to survivors' names when it affects them. I'm ######### tired of my teammates being useless sacks teabagging next to me while I CAN'T DO ANYTHING because I'm incapacitated. I'm not being a jerk, I'm not refusing to touch the gen or refusing to heal you or whatever the hell it is you want, I literally can't do anything.
Then they often get mad and do things like body block me or sandbag me because they think I'm the bad teammate.
In solo queue? There isn't any.
Unless of course you only work on a gen when everyone is at full health (assuming there isn't a one hit down killer).
So yeah, not much on the counterplay front there unless you're in a 4 person comms swf.
Never do gens.
If you don't touch a gen, the Killer can't kick it and apply Eruption. Likewise, you can't be hit by Eruption if you never touch a gen.
Therefore, play for hatch.
40 sec of advantage on a single activation with low cd that can be applied to multiple gens, is not something you can leave to uncertainty.
It is obvious that if eruption didnt have such a crippiling effect on activation, people would not bother with it being uncounterable.
The real problem is they are trying to get people to buy Nemesis. They nerfed clowns perk so they buffed a perk locked behind DLC. Get the new pay to win perk with nemesis : only $12.99