Should Killer receive Unhoook Notifications?

Unhook notifications provide a lot of information, especially if you haven't yet found another Survivor, or are interested in continuously hammering down on a weak link.

The game just tells you: Hey, there's two Survivors over here.

(Yes, the UI would still also show the Unhook Icon go from a Hook to Injured, but that's another discussion about the information provided by the UI tracking Health-states real-time rather than updating only in chase)

Comments

  • @Peanits said:

    I would say yes. It's not only beneficial to people who are going to return to hook, it's also very important information for the Killer to have while they're occupied somewhere else. You know that two Survivors are by the hook, and you may be chasing a third, so you can do the math and figure that only one Survivor is free to work on generators. Being able to keep track of that is incredibly important, you need that info to decide what you should do next and predict when generators are going to go off.

    What if I asked for a Survivor perk that hides that info from the Killer and also displays the survivor as still hooked on aura and ui?

    Any snotnosed Survivors would wanna run this? I might.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3274886#Comment_3274886

    That announcment is not forgotten :) Thanks for the small update. Truth be told, I think that this will be one of the most important updates you are ever going to implement. SoloQ would be revolutionized with this kinda knowledge. Well, I might be jumping the gun here with being overly enthusiastic, but in soloQ you lose massive time every game in one way or another, like when you decide to abandon your gen and go for an unhook, only to meet another survivor there who had the same idea. Collectively this wasted some 40-50s gen time.

    What was the announcement? I must have missed it.

  • BHVR somewhat officially announced early this year that they were working on action icons for soloQ survivors ... well technically also for everyone else, but soloQ would be the faction benefiting the most of this.

    Something like the icon next to someones profile showing if they are chased, repairing a gen, opening a box, interacting with killers property, healing themselves etc. This would help soloQ so much, as when everyone is on a gen and someone is on the hook not everyone would leave the gen to unhook etc.

    Peanits just confirmed that they are still working on this, but that there is no release date in sight, yet. Still, I am happy with this.

  • As killer main I could agree to this in perk form

    Survivor perk: Save yourself

    When unhooking another survivor you take 100% more time. Unhook notification is delayed by 3 seconds and the unhooked receives celerity and leaves no marks for 10 seconds. The unhooker suffers from hindered until they are put in the dying state. Cooldown of 200 seconds or until you are hooked.

  • @HugTechLover said:

    Yes, it’s completely necessary for the killer to have. It’s a 4v1.

    Isn't the game 4vs1 and if that is too hard should it be changed to 3vs1?

  • I would gladly do away with all 'black bubble' notifications. All they do is obscure my view, killer or survivor. An audible notification has to stay though.

  • @Chaos999 said:

    As killer main I could agree to this in perk form

    Survivor perk: Save yourself

    When unhooking another survivor you take 100% more time. Unhook notification is delayed by 3 seconds and the unhooked receives celerity and leaves no marks for 10 seconds. The unhooker suffers from hindered until they are put in the dying state. Cooldown of 200 seconds or until you are hooked.

    This sounds great except for 'hindered until dead'. Maybe hindered for 60s, or until injured, whichever comes first.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3274879#Comment_3274879

    This is actually something we're looking to do! We posted a design we'd like to implement earlier this year to gauge interest, and the reaction seemed pretty positive. It hasn't been forgotten, but it's a lot of work to get implemented, so I can't say when we'll be able to squeeze it into an update.

    It's just so frustrating that time and time again we hear that BHVR wants to make the survivor experience feel better, but we really never hear anything about making the killer experience feel better. Generic number buffs, like faster pallet kicking, doesn't make the killer experience feel better, even if it does result in a higher kill rate.

    For example, why can't we give killers an FoV slider, and survivors can get generic number buffs for compensation?

    Why do we never hear BHVR give ideas on how they might want to make the killer experience feel better? Are killers supposed to forever have bad FoV, difficult to hear audio, and an aim dressing mechanic that can steal hits from the killer? Why can't we fix these things, and buff survivors as compensation? If the solo q survivor experience is going to evolve to feel better, then can the killer experience evolve to feel better too?

  • @AssortedSorting said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3274726#Comment_3274726

    The Killer receives a global noise and there's a black bubble centered on the Hook when a Survivor gets unhooked. They get an active notification as it stands. (Unless for whatever reason my mind has completely failed me, that's how I remember being able to circle back to Hook all the time to take advantage of Make Your Choice)

    I am really confused. I thought this has been always the case

    Not sure what other notification the OP is seeking for

  • @Rudjohns said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3274733#Comment_3274733

    I am really confused. I thought this has been always the case

    Not sure what other notification the OP is seeking for

    Hmm? I'm asking if it's necessary or if it would be good for it to be removed.

    I've noticed that more often than not when I play Killer I usually end up just going back to Hook if I haven't found a Survivor yet and they Unhooked the Survivor I downed since it's kinda obvious where those guys are (doubly so for the one unhooked still bleeding).

    (Could its removal as reasoning to add in other tools for the Killer basegame that allow them a greater ability at finding other Survivors after you Hook someone.)

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3275178#Comment_3275178

    This sounds great except for 'hindered until dead'. Maybe hindered for 60s, or until injured, whichever comes first.

    I envision this perk as the unhooker trading itself for his companion. The perk would almost completely negate any chance of the unhooked being tunneled, while the unhooker takes the heat. This is a powerful effect, so there has to be a real downside. Hindered would mean that the survivor is left as a better target for a chase, but it does not mean there is no chase. A hindered survivor can still mindgame and play loops, alas less effectively, which is fair.

    Nevertheless, now that I think about it I definitely would like to change a few things. If killer is within 10 meters when the unhooking is completed, hindered is not applied. Furthermore, hindered is only applied as long as the survivor is in chase. If the survivor looses chase, and then is chased again hindered is reapplied.

    This would prevent a bad situation from a killer being too close. It would also mean that if the survivor somehow manages to lose the killer, he can continue to traverse the map normally until in chase again.

  • @AssortedSorting said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3275459#Comment_3275459

    Hmm? I'm asking if it's necessary or if it would be good for it to be removed.

    I've noticed that more often than not when I play Killer I usually end up just going back to Hook if I haven't found a Survivor yet and they Unhooked the Survivor I downed since it's kinda obvious where those guys are (doubly so for the one unhooked still bleeding).

    (Could its removal as reasoning to add in other tools for the Killer basegame that allow them a greater ability at finding other Survivors after you Hook someone.)

    I vote for BT and Guardian buff, both remove the notification

1 2 ›