Perk Concept: Preditorial Awareness

PREDITORIAL AWARENESS:

Every good predator can predict what their prey thinks. Remind the prey of who does the hunting.

When a survivor would have revealed the Killer's aura, they instead scream to reveal their location. The Killer becomes Undetectable for 10 seconds. This perk has a cooldown of 45 seconds.

Comments

  • I read editorial awareness for some reason...

  • @Chaos999 said:

    I read editorial awareness for some reason...

    Lmao I mean everyone could use some editorial awareness I suppose

  • @Blue_Archer33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3269583#Comment_3269583

    Lmao I mean everyone could use some editorial awareness I suppose

    Wont it be predatorial instead

  • @Blue_Archer33 said:

    PREDITORIAL AWARENESS:

    Every good predator can predict what their prey thinks. Remind the prey of who does the hunting.

    When a survivor would have revealed the Killer's aura, they instead scream to reveal their location. The Killer becomes Undetectable for 10 seconds. This perk has a cooldown of 45 seconds.

    here's the problem. if the survivor has no aura reading, then this perk cannot trigger because survivor never screams so you never get undetectable.

    if you want a perk that counters aura-reading on the killer, it is a hex perk. the perk is called hex:third seal. It applies blindness status effect. Blindness currently disables all aura-reading capacity.

  • Wouldn't it be predatory awareness?

    And interesteing idea, but a bit niche though. And some of the perks would react weirdly. Like kindred.

  • @HoodedWildKard said:

    Wouldn't it be predatory awareness?

    And interesteing idea, but a bit niche though. And some of the perks would react weirdly. Like kindred.

    Maybe make it a token based thing? Like every instance the survivor reads your aura, for 10 seconds the survivor cannot read your aura, then if its constant reading like kindred just keep the aura hidden until it stops being read.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/355180/perk-concept-preditorial-awareness

    here's the problem. if the survivor has no aura reading, then this perk cannot trigger because survivor never screams so you never get undetectable.

    if you want a perk that counters aura-reading on the killer, it is a hex perk. the perk is called hex:third seal. It applies blindness status effect. Blindness currently disables all aura-reading capacity.

    I know that H:TS exists, but when I came up with this idea it was in response to me asking "What would distortion look like if it was designed for Killer?"

  • @CBT137 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3270295#Comment_3270295

    Maybe make it a token based thing? Like every instance the survivor reads your aura, for 10 seconds the survivor cannot read your aura, then if its constant reading like kindred just keep the aura hidden until it stops being read.

    That makes sense. Like a killer reverse Distortion sort of thing.

  • Given you compared it to Distortion for survivor, it should 100% have the usage of tokens but not a traditional cooldown.