So I Got Reported For This?
Me and my friend (who is a streamer) were playing some match of survivor. And while we were paired together, I used the opportunity to get my Archive challenges done.
In one of my matches, Kate, who I will be referring to as "crybaby" throughout this post, completely ruined our match.
So my Archive Challenge was to search chests, I only needed a few more chests so I asked my friend to bring a coin offering, and so did Crybaby, presumably because they also had the same Archive Challenge. So I spawned right by a chest, and immediately started to search it with Plunder's Instinct.
Crybaby realizes that I am searching a chest, and then decides to bodyblock pallets and windows until I go down then t-bags my body, and when I get hooked, they t-bag in front of the hook. A teammate comes to rescue me then they keep unhooking to prevent my teammates from getting the unhook prompt.
Crybaby proceeds to throw the entire match over a single chest, by sandbagging everyone and then lets themselves go on hook leaving us in a 3v1 with almost everyone on death hook. Safe to say we lost, but the Wraith let my friend go, and they were dripped out, so mad respect to them.
I check my Steam Profile once the match is over...
Yea, I am the one who "trolls their own teammates"? I just searched a chest for my Archive Challenge, yet they actively sandbagged the entire team because they got upset.
Post-Game Chat they proceed to harass me over searching the chest and preventing them from completing the Archive Challenge in a single match, they hadnt even started the challenge so they had no progress on it.
News Flash: You cant complete the challenge in one match with the offerings played; 3 chests spawn by default, 2 offerings spawned in 2 additional chests, leading to there being 7 chests spawning in... you need 8 for the Archive Challenge. So them throwing a hissy-fit over a single chest is now even more laughable.
They proceed to report me stating that I ruined the match for everyone... ironic. Seriously though, how do people play like this and enjoy the game? I dont get how people can get upset at every tiny thing that happens and take it out on others.

Comments
All I can say is I hope you reported them. They clearly worked with the killer.
The Killer was not working with them, the Kate had Lithe and Vigil, so they kept getting away after sandbagging.
The killer after realizing what had happened apologized to my friend who was streaming, and gave them hatch, literally a Gigachad.
People will report you for queueing up, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Just because people do it doesnt make it right. Stuff like this needs to be called out. People like this need to be brought to light so proper repercussions can take effect. Behavior like this should be made as unappealing as possible because it is beyond childish and ruins people's matches.
Sorry, I worded it rather unclearly. What I'm saying is that they intentionally tried to cause problems for you, which made it easier for the killer. So, although the killer wasn't working with them, they were using the killer to work against you. So it's still reportable.
Lol, ironically they are the one who is breaking the rules by griefing, sandbagging you etc.
I mean I get that challenges are frustrating. I get a tad more ragey if I can't get one done. But I'd never get like that with a teammate. Sounds like a 12 year old with poor impulse control and anger issues 🤣 if it was an adult that's even sadder.
Especially over such an easy challenge too. Like who cares if you want to get it done quick, 8 chests in one match is basically impossible.
Can I send in my friend's VOD as evidence? Also do you know the website for filing the reports (it's been awhile)?
if your friend caught this on his stream you can use a clip of that and report that player it should be an easy ban.
and now bans are even more strict according to the latest dev notes.
Yes, you can. The website to report to is below.
But before you do, one more thing: did you report them on the results screen? By that, I mean just selected the icon for unsportsmanlike behaviour by their name? BHVR will need that.
Eitherway, here's the link:
https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=9329839132180