Yet Another Legion Rework Idea
Feral Frenzy now only lasts three seconds and goes on cooldown upon hitting a survivor. The cooldown being 20 seconds. This seems dumb, right? The kicker is that you can down people in the frenzy if they're injured and you don't go into fatigue anymore. On top of that, depending on how far the survivor is, you get an increased amount of speed for the duration which will slowly dwindle or grow depending on the distance from the survivor. You'll return to normal speed the closer you get to the survivor within this frenzy, basically.
Please give me any criticism! I think this would be a fun concept!
Comments
They've given Legion like two major overhauls at this point, please just do something about Normal Pills and leave him be for the time being.
I just don't want him to be an annoying hit and run like they are and have been.
I hate Legion a lot less than other hit-and-run killers, I agree with the Scott Jund take of "he has to dedicate to an M1 killer chase eventually." Honestly the only problem I have with Legion that makes the Normal Pills such an annoying addon is the lethal Frenzy which is useless against coordinated teams and completely invalidates the above Scott Jund argument in solo queue, it's just all around poorly thought out and an unhealthy gimmick.
That's what this concept aims to fix! It's a power meant ONLY for chase!
Gross. There are eighty-two chase-only killers in the game already. Just get rid of the lethal stab and Legion is fine.
My power concept is legit you get a small window to fast vault and catch up. It's mainly to counter holding W. :I
Just play Wesker.
As a fellow legion main i have to say I don't like this. I play legion because they have a hit and run playstyle. Jumping from target to target stabbing around is what makes them my most loved killer and your idea would just make them another press button to chase killer and I would need to lay my beloved legion to rest.
Power level wise legion is at a good point right know maybe pills are a bit strong on solos but that's more a overall solo problem then a Legion problem.
The most complaints we get is that mending is unfun and lame and I kinda get that but mending is necessary so the hit and run playstyle works or should I say something like mending is necessary cause bhvr could work out a way to slow them down so you have time for hit and run without being so lame for the survivors
Oh... ew.
But seriously, I understand why you'd think that. I just want to actually commit to a chase, you know?
I don't know.
I don't think that Legions M1 Gameplay is the Problem with them.
I think the biggest Problem is Map design and Mending.
Larger Maps won't really let you use your Ability. But larger Maps are a Problem for almost every Killer.
The Problem with Mending is, it's the Legions slowdown, without it, Legion would be way worse.
My idea once was to add Skillchecks to Mending. If you miss a Skillcheck you lose a Chunk of your Deep Wound. And if you Hit it, you gain a bit of Progress.
Hitting Skillchecks will reduce the time and missing Skillchecks could wind up in a down.
But then the Legion would be even weaker at high MMR and even stronger against Noobs. So that would probably be a bad idea.
Legion is good today, no need remake him again.
Mending is not a problem.
To be honest I can understand that and I can understand that you would like to do this with the legion cause you like them and there lore and designe same goes for me but I don't think a killer can have both at the same time. A viable hit and run kit and a viable chase oriented kit cause with better chase qualities the slowdown required for hit and run would be to much.
So it either ends on everyone that enjoys legion know loses something the like and they maybe just bought because of how it originally was or people that really like everything else about legion won't get a killer they want to play gameplay wise. It's a tricky situation and because it's tricky i hate to see how often we have stupid threats out there just saying rework them into anything else it would be better then now
(not meaning your threat btw)
Think you meant thread because threat's a WHOLE different thing. I really wish there were ways that powers could be altered. Like the mutations in VHS which can change the playstyle around. It would lead to a LOT more variety in the same killers people face.
I'm so sorry English is my second language German school English doesn't bring you that far apparently ^^
I always thought addons should be more used to change the way the killer is played then just give stupid Stat boosts. Like how matchbox changes nurse. Every killer could have atleast one other playstyle you can get through addons but they are brown and actually available unlike that nurse addon
mutation are add-on's in dbd. I think your looking for a more chase-oriented legion that downs people with direct feral frenzy hits. The only add-on to provide a chase benefit is iri button. it instantly break pallets if you vault them, however remember that pallet take 2.7(?) to kick and feral frenzy has 3 second fatique, so regardless of how fast he vaults to break pallets, it means nothing because its total break is always 3 seconds due to fatique mechanic.
I think if you wanted to make legion more chase-focused, you need add negative penalty to his power to add artificial counter-play to his power. One idea I had for this is that survivor can grab an item like Sadako's videotape(It does not fill item slot) and the item would be called Running shoes. It grants ability to press E to dead hard. If you have an exhaustion perk equipped, it replaces that exhaustion perk with old dead hard that has cooldown of 10 seconds that recoveries while running.
The additional mechanic is that if legion vaults a pallet, His power gauge is reduced to 5 second duration. Each feral frenzy hit reduces deep wound timer by 50%(2 hits to go down, first hit only applies deep wound) and legion power recovery would be reduced from 20->15. Missing a swing put you into fatique. This provide legion with ability to chain stabs while also having option to use his power as chasing anti-loop tool. I suspect that legion would either be too easy to outplay or too difficulty because its entire skill-cap for looping legion would be based off timing dead hard for iframes. This is the type of legion your looking for in terms of balance.