Unwarranted perk nerfs

I'm on board with nerfing perks that are overused and overpowered.

But not with nerfing them to the point nobody uses them anymore.

Ruin needed a nerf but after 6.1.0,now its just a dead perk.

Buffs:

Remove the deactivation condition after you kill a survivor.

Bump the regression speed from 100% to 150%

And make it so if ruin is cleansed,it will still work but at half its power,meaning that instead of 150% speed regression,it will only be 75%.

The only ruin right now is ruining your own game by wasting a perk slot for this.


DS was in a good spot and no one seemed to complain as much about it anymore after the 5.4.0 nerf that made it deactivate if you perform any inconspicuous while its active.

The 6.1.0 nerf really killed the perk and its barely used anymore but at least its used more than Ruin.

Buffs:

Either revert the stun duration from 3 to 5 seconds,or the condition of the perk deactivating permanently after the exit gates are opened.

I dont think any of these buffs will make the perks be overpowered,it will just make them get some use again.

Comments

  • @Adaez said:

    I'm on board with nerfing perks that are overused and overpowered.

    But not with nerfing them to the point nobody uses them anymore.

    Ruin needed a nerf but after 6.1.0,now its just a dead perk.

    Buffs:

    Remove the deactivation condition after you kill a survivor.

    Bump the regression speed from 100% to 150%

    And make it so if ruin is cleansed,it will still work but at half its power,meaning that instead of 150% speed regression,it will only be 75%.

    The only ruin right now is ruining your own game by wasting a perk slot for this.

    DS was in a good spot and no one seemed to complain as much about it anymore after the 5.4.0 nerf that made it deactivate if you perform any inconspicuous while its active.

    The 6.1.0 nerf really killed the perk and its barely used anymore but at least its used more than Ruin.

    Buffs:

    Either revert the stun duration from 3 to 5 seconds,or the condition of the perk deactivating permanently after the exit gates are opened.

    I dont think any of these buffs will make the perks be overpowered,it will just make them get some use again.

    For Ruin you could do 1 of the first 2 points and it would be fine. The 3rd wont happen because thats not how hex perks work.

    Ds on the other hand was still overly unfair to non tunnelling killers and the inconspicuous action change while good still left it with issues where it was used offensively rather than to combat tunnelling. Current DS is fine, if you cant get to a loop/structure with basekit BT then that is a skill issue.

  • Ruin should keep ALL of its regression power, but the shutoff on death was fine.

  • It's hard to see people complain about weak perks after what happened to MoM.

    They buffed a weak perk and then the community begged for it to be reverted back to a useless state

  • I think Ruin could be buffed to 150 (or maybe 200), but keep the deactivation on death. It might be weird ro have a Hex deactivate without being cleansed, but having deactivate on death, makes it encourage not tunneling and camping one person out of the game, if you want any value out of it

  • Ruin deactivating after a kill was a great change, the rehression nerf was unnecessary, should stay at 200%.

    Likewise, DS deactivating when the gates are powered is also great, but it didn't need the nerf to stun duration. It could also do with working twice in a game now, once for each unhook.

    Self Care was truly nerfed unnecessarily.

  • I'm on boad for a little Ruin and DS buffs. Maybe not all of your suggestions, but at least one of them each.

    I used Ruin pretty often before, since I tended to play Hag with her base perks + a little aura reading, and I feel like the hex did get cleansed often enough. So it was by no mean uncounterable or that annoying. I feel like survivors are now much more annoyed by the Overcharge spamming I've regressed into.

  • @HugTheHag said:

    I'm on boad for a little Ruin and DS buffs. Maybe not all of your suggestions, but at least one of them each.

    I used Ruin pretty often before, since I tended to play Hag with her base perks + a little aura reading, and I feel like the hex did get cleansed often enough. So it was by no mean uncounterable or that annoying. I feel like survivors are now much more annoyed by the Overcharge spamming I've regressed into.

    call of brine and eruption is so much more annoying than ruin was,at least againts ruin you had counters,just cleanse,but these 2?cant get rid of them

  • Corrupt intervention deactivating on a down.

    It's almost always better to run lethal pursuer over the new version of corrupt now, particularly if you run another tracking perk.

    Sometimes you get some value out of corrupt, but generally you get a down in the first 30-45 secs with Lethal and you have you added benefit of knowing exactly where to go after the first down if you pay attention at the beginning of the match.

  • I saw Ruin 5 times yesterday.

  • @Lost_Boy said:

    Corrupt intervention deactivating on a down.

    It's almost always better to run lethal pursuer over the new version of corrupt now, particularly if you run another tracking perk.

    Sometimes you get some value out of corrupt, but generally you get a down in the first 30-45 secs with Lethal and you have you added benefit of knowing exactly where to go after the first down if you pay attention at the beginning of the match.

    That was absolutely a good change, because it now scales with the effectiveness of each killer. This means it's no longer overpowered on high mobility killers like Nurse, Blight and Wesker, who can head straight for the blocked gens to catch survivors off guard, securing an early down AND still having gens blocked off. Meanwhile killers who aren't so effective at map traversal, or require set up, can take the time to do so with the safety of having three gens closest to the survivors blocked off.

    Now we just need a similarly limiting factor to Lethal Pursuer, so that the same killers, Nurse, Blight and Wesker, aren't completely overpowered with it. But considering it only lasts for 9 seconds I'm not sure what that could be. Maybe it only shows auras while they're further than 40m away?

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3262166#Comment_3262166

    That was absolutely a good change, because it now scales with the effectiveness of each killer. This means it's no longer overpowered on high mobility killers like Nurse, Blight and Wesker, who can head straight for the blocked gens to catch survivors off guard, securing an early down AND still having gens blocked off. Meanwhile killers who aren't so effective at map traversal, or require set up, can take the time to do so with the safety of having three gens closest to the survivors blocked off.

    Now we just need a similarly limiting factor to Lethal Pursuer, so that the same killers, Nurse, Blight and Wesker, aren't completely overpowered with it. But considering it only lasts for 9 seconds I'm not sure what that could be. Maybe it only shows auras while they're further than 40m away?

    I mean the old corrupt really wasnt that OP. You would normally get like 1 down and if lucky you would get a second. Must of the time you would only get one through and apply some pressure to a second person.

    It's like 2 mins so I really don't see what the issue was, especially when you have perks like breakdown that last like 3 mins and effectively shut off like a quarter of certain maps.