Who is to blame here?

I was playing Wraith for a daily challenge and I found a very spicy group of survivors that were planning to do some sabo plays. They all had boil over, flip flop, unbreakable and breakout and sabo toolboxes. 1 was always on gens and 3 of them were all around me.

The map was ironworks of misery. One survivor went on the top floor of the main building (where there are lockers and a window with a breakable wall) and I downed him to try to hook him. The closest hooks I had where outside (so I had to drop from a height) or the basement. Useless to say, I never made it to a hook and the same survivor always went up there knowing he couldn't get hooked. Since that for my challenge I needed to sacrifice someone as Wraith and the End Game collapse begun, I blocked upstairs this survivor who kept going there over and over knowing I couldn't make it to a hook. He died in that corner so I got my sacrifice for my daily.

Who is to blame here? He really loved that corner so I made sure that he died right there on top of that damn main building :)

But it also feels like a very dirty strategy that shouldn't be promoted but it's necessary since there's no counter to sabo plays other than slugging (which is not a counter, it's ignoring the problem where the killer can't make it to a hook).

Comments

  • I've had players do the same thing to me

    If they want me to do absolutely nothing as the killer, then I can show them the same kindness and now they don't get to do anything as a survivor. They can lie there and think about why they're on time out in the corner.

  • If survivors want to force a situation where you literally can't hook them, they're forcing you to make them bleed out. That's the choice they're making.

  • I don't think there's any blame here. They had a strategy, you adapted to it, and you came out on top.

  • Who is to blame? BHVR for the poor hook RNG on that map.

  • @Bot_Salvo88 said:

    I was playing Wraith for a daily challenge and I found a very spicy group of survivors that were planning to do some sabo plays. They all had boil over, flip flop, unbreakable and breakout and sabo toolboxes. 1 was always on gens and 3 of them were all around me.

    The map was ironworks of misery. One survivor went on the top floor of the main building (where there are lockers and a window with a breakable wall) and I downed him to try to hook him. The closest hooks I had where outside (so I had to drop from a height) or the basement. Useless to say, I never made it to a hook and the same survivor always went up there knowing he couldn't get hooked. Since that for my challenge I needed to sacrifice someone as Wraith and the End Game collapse begun, I blocked upstairs this survivor who kept going there over and over knowing I couldn't make it to a hook. He died in that corner so I got my sacrifice for my daily.

    Who is to blame here? He really loved that corner so I made sure that he died right there on top of that damn main building :)

    But it also feels like a very dirty strategy that shouldn't be promoted but it's necessary since there's no counter to sabo plays other than slugging (which is not a counter, it's ignoring the problem where the killer can't make it to a hook).

    No it wasn’t dirty,they chose to play in a way that forces you to play a certain way.They were exploiting lack of hooks in area with boil over,you had a goal,you accomplished it.Good for you!

  • Hate to sound like a broken record after your previous post but you say this one guy kept going up there, why not just go for one of the other 3?

  • @bm33 said:

    Who is to blame? BHVR for the poor hook RNG on that map.

    True, they should at least add a hook up there in the room so it desensitizes them from going up there, lol

  • @hex_uwu said:

    Hate to sound like a broken record after your previous post but you say this one guy kept going up there, why not just go for one of the other 3?

    They were all doing the same thing by going up there. Imagine like it's the old RPD, that's how it was. If I went for the one on gens, they were also going to sit on gens. It's a lose lose situation for the killer.