No mystery boxes since Halloween event?
I've noticed that since the Halloween event I haven't gotten a single regular mystery box on my bloodweb for any character. Am I just unlucky or has anyone else noticed this?
I've noticed that since the Halloween event I haven't gotten a single regular mystery box on my bloodweb for any character. Am I just unlucky or has anyone else noticed this?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I didn't think about it before but your post made me realize that I haven't gotten any mystery boxes on any of the characters that I have been playing.
Huh... same.
Pretty sure I have seen an acknowledged bug report for this already!
edit: not acknowledged (yet) but reported, upvote here:
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/354159/pc-no-more-mystery-boxes
Let's hope they stay gone lmao, all they do is waste more time in the bloodweb. What we need is options to skip the Bloodweb Level up screen and add a "click to purchase" option over "hold to purchase".
They have been removed - it's part of our bloodweb improvements, so this is not a bug (I will go ahead and respond on the bug report to make it clear there also).
Will definitely be watching for feedback on this - so feel free to let me have it!
Bloodwebs felt faster when I was testing the mystery box mystery yesterday, not having to remove those prompts every time is definitely faster.
I definitely won’t miss them… but hope to see more bloodweb and bloodweb-content improvements. Some offerings/items/addons feel very outdated and ‚punishing‘ to purchase
though isn’t there an achievement involving these? That should probably not be event-bound. Also why wasn’t this not part of any patch-notes (or was it?)
I won't miss them tbh. I usually didn't even look at what was inside of them when I got one, I just tried to click through it as fast as possible and keep going so personally I have no issues with them being gone.
So they have been removed but what about the trophy/achievement about opening those boxes (for the newer players)
If it skipped the pop up/prompt it would be fine but I'll definitely take no mystery box if it requires the pop up/prompt every time.
I won't miss the pop up that's for sure, but if there were a way for the icon to transition to what you got in one smooth motion rather than having a pop up break the flow, I'd have been fine with them staying.
I wouldn't really want them to be removed entirely, getting something higher rarity than what you paid for was always cool. They should come back, but without the "Click to Continue" prompt.
It should have been in the patch notes - you're correct, we're super sorry for that, it slipped through with the Event going.
They will still be back with Events - or some Events at least.
And someone made a great point about the achievement, thank you for that.
Would love to see the option to remove the press and hold animation!
Also is there anything wrong with using macros to assist in bloodweb spending?
I can only imagine how hard it is for people with carpal tunnel etc. with the repetitive press and hold :(
Thanks for letting me know Mandy <3
It does feel nice to not have the boxes. The RNG aspect kinda made things weird
i actually kinda miss them, but i might be part of the minority. there is just something satisfying about the gamble of either getting a very rare item or a normal one by opening a mystery box.
but it also isnt that big of a deal.
I personally loved Mystery Boxes, I miss seeing them, but if they're being removed from the game then I think we'd appreciate a more broad acknowledgement and the achievement to open a bunch of them should be removed.
If they are consistently returning for most events, then I suppose that'd be ok but I loved being able to open a mystery box and find a super rare item in them.
As far as speeding up the bloodweb goes, I suppose the removal of mystery boxes actually does technically make the bloodweb faster but I don't think anything can make the bloodweb go faster than removing the press and hold feature, which is the real killer. I'd rather see it turned into a single click, or a click and drag across multiple nodes, or even allowed to be a toggle-off-able feature.
Best improvement ngl, buying the box and then wait 3 seconds for it to be revealed was really annyoing
Great Job ^^