Please remove de-pipping after escaping/4k
This is the second or third time this month I de-pip after winning.
I play solo I cannot always rely on my team to understand that we should be farming and even still, that can turn ugly if someone does something stupid or a mistake.
Fix matchmaking in this case so complete newbies don't play vs people who have more than 200+ hours of DBD.
It's both unfair for the newbies and the people who crushed the fame to be punished for it when it's not their fault.
Comments
I agree I did depip after getting 25K bp and escape as survivor... Few times in the past though I have depipped as killer after getting 4K...
I don't understand how that's supposed to make sense. So backwards.
It all depends on what happened during those matches... like camping (not saying that you did)... if the first Gen was done fast (it counts more for the first Gen and not the rest... So I've been told), chasing all Survivors, hooking all of the Survivors, injuring all of the Survivors, kicking Gens, Pallets and Breakable Walls
And did you do Gens (again not saying you did or didn't), Heal other Survivors, save other Survivors, Cleanse Totems, get into chases against the Killer
The emblem system actually counts what happens during the match... even though some of them are not working right (certain Killers aren't scored properly)
The game was too short. Killer only got a hook. How can I heal any survivors when there are no survivors to heal?
Or when the Killer is AFK Myers. Why should my team be wasted over a killer deciding to drop his MMR?
I'm not referring to the games where each survivor has one role (like say someone only focuses on gens), but those games that end up way too soon because they're not on the same level. That's a problem with the matchmaking, not the survivors or the killer. It should not punish people who win fast.
If you depip from win, it generally means you got carried in that game and did not do your fair share. Or at least that's how it's supposed to be.
If you don't chase, don't do gens, don't heal/unhook others, then it's fully possible you will depip.
And then there's also the unfun depips - if you face instakill meyers, there will probably be no injuries or hooks, limited chases and only a few objectives points. Sadly that's how instakill killers work (same for condemn sadako).
Other possibility is, that you genrushed poor killer fella (there are various reasons why that could be the case)/took too many op things as killer and the game ended way too quickly for you to collect enough points. This is sometimes quite fair, because it's 0 fun for the other side to be fully wiped out - and you should not play in the most sweaty way possible.
Or what happens is you get a beginner killer vs a team that knows how to play. How is that my fault I got matched vs a person who doesn't know how to play yet and they get lost in the map, should I humor them and get chased. Sure maybe I can keep them chasing for a while, what if a teammate joins in and they are not so good when it comes to chasing and we end up throwing the game cause we're attempting to farm? That sounds way too risky. I'm sure no one pipped that game.
Yea... in that specific case it is MM
But quick question... Would you want quick queues or better matches?
Or just remove depipping entirely, especially for survivors
However if you're depipping after hook killing all 4.. that just shows you played really toxic. You're not meant to 1 hook everyone within 30 seconds of the game
Better matches, I'm probably average so it wouldn't affect me much.
Idk, a win is a win. And BHVR seems to support "toxic" gameplay otherwise it wouldn't be as effective. Is it unfun and annoying? Definitely. The one thing I'd like them to do something about is slugging for the 4k when there's 2 survivors left.
Maybe they haven't removed de-pipping cause people would get Iri 1 more easily and maybe not play as much. Can't say I wouldn't like the change, but for a first the could tweck a bit. Solo survivor is just painful to play with de-pipping.
People have got to redefine what a "win" is, it's so stupid, would you count it as winning against a full afk team where nothing happens or will you count it as a loss when 1 survivor manages to find the hatch before you you or you (inevitably) get genrushed?
Really what should define "winning' is whether you accomplished what you are trying to do, if that's getting a 4k every game, you're going to have a bad time but if it's something like 8 hooking, getting rancor, or doing a challenge, you're going to have a much better time
Lore wise, it even makes sense because the Entity wants longer matches for it to harvest emotions from, there's no meal for it when survivors get annihilated within 45 seconds of the match starting, so you get punished for it as a consequence
Gameplay wise it makes sense too because if the match ends that fast that wasn't even really a match at all, especially if the survivors give up, you really take pride in that? What's so great about hooking survivors that clearly let you and suicide on hook?
Don't complain about something you clearly did to yourself, actually let the survivor team have a break if you're stomping them
So you won't mind waiting for 10 minutes for a match... fair enough
DEVOUT EMBLEM IS STILL BUGGED
I play survivor 99% of the time. What are you even on?
As you can see in the first pic, there's hardly anyone genrushing. (only Jeff has a brown toolbox, but brown toolboxes are useless) and no gen-rushing perks.
And here the problem isn't the 2 toolboxes and one yellow Prove Thy Seld, but getting matched with a Huntress that only has one yellow perk.
She just couldn't navigate the map. I couldn't even find her.
What about killers staying AFK to de-rank, especially stealth killers? Why should I still lose pips when I can get no heals/saves or even chase time because killer decided they want to afk AND have no terror radius?
I don't think I'll be waiting 10 mins.
In most other games where matchmaking matters people wait. In LoL I wait a minute but it has many players. In a fighting game like Soul Calibur 6, because it doesn't have a big crowd I've waited numerous times 30+ minutes. Do you think it would be fairer if I got matched with people who have sinked in 1000+ hours AND they have legacy knowledge?
The problem is simply that DBD does not have enough players to make matchmaking fast. In LoL matchmaking for my level is fast, obviously because it has so many players.
In high levels in every game that matchmaking works people do in fact have to wait a long time. SO that is only a problem for high level.
You find the killer in that case, it's usually actually easy to farm off of afk killers since most usually have macros and if your team is actually smart you can even double pip easily (unfortunately this is not always the case and teammates won't even heal you and you fully bleed out but that's not worth staying in if they're just going to genrush and depip themselves)
Afk wraith yeah it's much harder but if you have a perk like spine chill it can make your life much easier, however if you don't then I've been in matches where I was walking around the whole match trying to find the wraith to get evaders emblem, so it doesn't always work but I was able to find him some games because of his snarling sound and collision, just hang out near that to max out evaders at least
Whether you pip or depip when you aren't actively being genrushed or tunneled is usually in your control
You should've looked for her in your case, especially since she has a lullaby you can follow
You also don't need any perks to genrush if there's no pressure from the killer, your team is genrushing if they focus on gens instead of seeing where the killer is at
Yeah but that's not a good design. I don't understand why you are so opposed to it.
Not only am I getting into a boring match because a killer decided to AFK but now I have to actively seek them out and if they are a Myers with no TR I cannot do something about it.
I played a game once against a Wraith and I found him because of his noises. Well I thought he was AFK (he kinda was but not really) and I proceeded to Flashbang him for the fun of it. Well turns out he wasn't and just went to a different place. When we finished gens we were looking for him and he just opened the gate.
Again, what am I supposed to be doing in this case?
I definitely came across more AFK killers when I started playing than now, but when it happens it is still a wasted time that affects 4 people at the same time.
And if the game matches you with a killer who just installed the game then it's on BHVR not on me.
If Killer was playing dumb and then he proceeds to massacre everyone then people will be like "Just leave" if you're trying to farm and you end up getting killed because a killer was playing dumb.
I did depip after unhooking survivor and healing two and doing 3 gens. I was bit chased by killer but not much as she tunneled nea almost whole game but I did take protection hits. Everyone got out that match and I earned 25K bp...
I'm not opposed to it really I'm just saying afk killers aren't such a big deal as people make them out to be
Remove depips (at least for survivors) and that's it, simple don't even have to make it specific conditions, nobody likes depipping, especially if they were camped and couldn't do anything about it
I'm not against it either, as Ranks aren't used for matchmaking on anything.
I'd guess BHVR just doesn't want it to be too easy as they are afraid people would play less? That's all I can come up with.
They'd have no reason to implement this either then
I feel this happens significantly less than de-pipping in general does.