Cheating or gamebreaking bug?
I was playing Pyramid Head on Dead Dawg Saloon, one of the gates was open when I spotted a Dwight attempting to revive a downed Nea close to the exit. I went up to him and hit m1 twice, not even once did my attack register. It was like this dude had no hitbox at all.
Dwight didn't seem worried either, it was like he knew what he was doing. There is no way in hell this can be a legal ingame interaction, it's either cheating or a severe bug. Both instances are equally awful for the overall health of the game.
Comments
Do you know what the hitbox looks like for a healing survivor? You need to hit them a bit behind their backs.
I've just had the opposite bug in game, a claudette who was downed under hook and who I could not heal. The prompt simply did not appear.
It's... bug-adjacent? The Dwight definitely knew what he was doing, but that's not a cheat, that's using the healing hitbox to your advantage. They call it heal tech, because everything's a tech nowadays. (Or maybe heal tech is specifically preventing the killer from being able to pick someone up?)
You'll often miss hits on healing survivors because their hitbox is smaller and somewhat counterintuitive to where their body appears to be.
Most likely you got heal-tech-teched
You can hold down the cancel heal button to avoid heals when downed if you don't want to be picked up. When this happens the prompt doesn't show.
Isn't it actually the sprint button? Holding sprint allows you to prevent Survivors from healing you, period. Whether you're injured or downed.
The survivor hitbox is constant and pill-shaped. Imagine from their waist up a completely vertical line going straight up. That is the hitbox for the survivor, when they are injured/healing the characters upper body bends over but the hitbox does not match/move with them. If you try to hit the upper body you will miss your attack
hit the butt, that's where the hitbox is while a survivor is healing another
the real question is why didn't you use your power lol
Oh, I did not know that. thanks !