Nerf Circle of Healing (again)

COH is one of the most oppressive perks that a survivor can bring against a killer. A COH boon alone can allow a team to reset independently and alleviate a lot of the pressure that a killer can dish out by injuring people, not to mention it hard counters certain killers like Twins. As long as COH allows people to self-heal with no strings attached and at a very reasonable speed, it is far too strong. Not only this, but it is more time-efficient for the survivor to set up a boon over and over again than it is for a killer to kick it. The killer needs to go out of their way to 1) find the boon, 2) kick it, 3) do this for every time it gets set up. This is also a critical amount of time that a killer wastes where survivors are not actively being pressured. The only semi-counter to a boon is Shattered Hope, which will see no value if a team doesn't bring a boon, or brings one but resets it constantly throughout the match.

Medkits also suffer from the same issue but to a lesser extent, since they're limited in charges, can be seen in pre-game, and can be countered more universally along with other items with Franklin's or certain killers' powers.

COH specifically needs to have a much bigger downside to its use. Here are some ideas I came up with from least extreme to most extreme:

  • Totems that have COH active shatter when kicked by the killer.
  • Range for COH is reduced to 12m.
  • Speed of self-healing without a medkit is slowed to 30%.
  • Killer sees the aura of any active boon that has COH (either temporarily or permanently).
  • Remove ability to self-care without a medkit entirely (buff healing speed to others to make up for this).

It's beyond demoralizing for a killer to start a game, and hear the sound effect for a boon 30 seconds into it. It's unacceptable for this perk to continue to exist under its current form.

Comments

  • @bunnyfengenthusiast said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3257035#Comment_3257035

    Maybe at the lowest levels. Even without any info perks to keep tabs on fellow survivors, it's not excessively hard to figure out where at least one of your teammates will be. The issue we're discussing here is specifically how powerful solo heals are, with COH being the worst offender.

    There are many things that are much more powerful on killer side and they don't look like they will go away. I mean give me one reasonable alternative how to solo heal and CoH will never exist for me. It used to be old SC for me when the timing was 32s. But that one was called killer's perk already - yet devs nerfed it even more. If I get any 1 perk alternative that would be at least as good as old SC, then I don't care about CoH and it can go away.

    Actually it already exists, but I presume killers will not be happy if I bring purple medkit with built to last into game every time. I like addonless brown medkits more and CoH going up only if I need it

  • @Gandor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3257040#Comment_3257040

    There are many things that are much more powerful on killer side and they don't look like they will go away. I mean give me one reasonable alternative how to solo heal and CoH will never exist for me. It used to be old SC for me when the timing was 32s. But that one was called killer's perk already - yet devs nerfed it even more. If I get any 1 perk alternative that would be at least as good as old SC, then I don't care about CoH and it can go away.

    Actually it already exists, but I presume killers will not be happy if I bring purple medkit with built to last into game every time. I like addonless brown medkits more and CoH going up only if I need it

    There are many things that are much more powerful on killer side and they don't look like they will go away

    I've said this before and I'm getting tired of saying it, but this isn't the thread to be hashing up issues with killer or playing whataboutism. We're discussing COH, strictly COH, and ONLY COH. If you personally believe there are issues with killer, you're more than welcome to make a thread about it, and I will read it, and I will give my opinion on it, but this isn't the place for it.

    I mean give me one reasonable alternative how to solo heal and CoH will never exist for me

    Medkits, Self Care. Medkits are limited in charge and Self Care takes a long time. Both of them are "balanced" in that aspect in that they don't let survivors reset in a vacuum.

  • @bunnyfengenthusiast said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3257046#Comment_3257046

    There are many things that are much more powerful on killer side and they don't look like they will go away

    I've said this before and I'm getting tired of saying it, but this isn't the thread to be hashing up issues with killer or playing whataboutism. We're discussing COH, strictly COH, and ONLY COH. If you personally believe there are issues with killer, you're more than welcome to make a thread about it, and I will read it, and I will give my opinion on it, but this isn't the place for it.

    I mean give me one reasonable alternative how to solo heal and CoH will never exist for me

    Medkits, Self Care. Medkits are limited in charge and Self Care takes a long time. Both of them are "balanced" in that aspect in that they don't let survivors reset in a vacuum.

    This argument is about acknowlidging CoH is strong - but saying survivors should be allowed to have strong perks too. Or to rephrase it so that it's about CoH only - survivors should also be able to keep current CoH effect.

    Many games were lost by survivors trying to keep that boon up instead of doing gens. CoH is still rather slow and if we don't count ironworks map - inefficient to use if killer knows it's place

  • @Gandor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3257054#Comment_3257054

    This argument is about acknowlidging CoH is strong - but saying survivors should be allowed to have strong perks too. Or to rephrase it so that it's about CoH only - survivors should also be able to keep current CoH effect.

    Many games were lost by survivors trying to keep that boon up instead of doing gens. CoH is still rather slow and if we don't count ironworks map - inefficient to use if killer knows it's place

    The issue here is the perk is far too strong considering the fact survivors can bring 16 perks, vs the killer's 4.

1 2 ›