Make Technician and Corrective Action prevent all types of gen explosion

This is the first time I made a new thread by myself so you'll have to forgive me if I'm messing something up.

So, lately I've been running Calm Spirit a lot, especially because I play a lot during the night and the audio balance in this game is atrocious and survivor screams on hook sounds about 300% stronger than the killer's terror radius, so it's a nice perk to make my survivors shut up.

Having said this, I've also had the bonus of not having to worry about scream perks, especially considering Infectious Fright became somewhat popular lately, plus I giggle in delight whenever I have to face a Doctor while carrying this perk because more often than not they rely entirely on their power to track survivors.

Funnily enough, I've seen people say that Calm Spirit is still a trash perk and should never be equiped, and nobody seems to argue in favor of it being a good perk.

So I was thinking: Technician is another perk that pretty much everyone agrees is kinda bad, so why not make it a counter to gen explosion perks? It will still be kinda meh but, like Calm Spirit, it will have a specific niche in which it would excel.

I'm not even asking to remove the extra chunk of regression, just preventing the information these perks give away for free.

I throw in Corrective Action in there as well because they kinda fall into the same category. If you're carrying both in your build, then might as well make your team mates feel like doing a gen with you will keep them safe too.

Honestly, though, I've been trying to get any value from Corrective Action and I've yet to lose a single of my earned stacks.

Comments

  • If you have to equip the perk and fulfill the activation requirement, the information is not free. You've paid a cost.

    I don't care about the idea. Sure, why not. Just your phrasing of those perks as "free" when by definition they are not.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    If you have to equip the perk and fulfill the activation requirement, the information is not free. You've paid a cost.

    I don't care about the idea. Sure, why not. Just your phrasing of those perks as "free" when by definition they are not.

    Keep in mind, one, that english is not my native language, and two, that I've written this without giving it a second pass. I meant "free" as in "boom, it happens" not "free" as in "people use this to instantly win the game and it's unfair".

    I consider explosion perks an annoyace, but I don't particularly hate people that use them nor do I think any less of them for using them.

  • @Eelanos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3246129#Comment_3246129

    Keep in mind, one, that english is not my native language, and two, that I've written this without giving it a second pass. I meant "free" as in "boom, it happens" not "free" as in "people use this to instantly win the game and it's unfair".

    I consider explosion perks an annoyace, but I don't particularly hate people that use them nor do I think any less of them for using them.

    Your post gives absolutely no indication that you're not a native English speaker. It's well written and the section around the free bit is perfectly phrased. Take that as you will.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3246147#Comment_3246147

    Your post gives absolutely no indication that you're not a native English speaker. It's well written and the section around the free bit is perfectly phrased. Take that as you will.

    I'll actually take that as a compliment, if you don't mind. I can only apologize for any misunderstanding it could have caused, because I really just wrote it as it came to mind and didn't really do a double take.

    And for the record, I'm taking it more lightheartedly than what my uptight writting would suggest, heh.

  • I like the idea. I like running calm spirit as well, there is so much in the game now so that Calm Spirit is useful in many games (killer powers like Freddy snares, doc as you mentioned, Clown gas, , as well as perks like Infectious Fright, Iron Maiden, Dragons Grip, Eruption, Pain Res, Deathbound and even addons on plague, nurse, onryo, again doc...)

    I ran it several times before prestige update, when I prestiged my survivors and didn't have all my comfy perks ready at new level 50. Made me run some lowpick perks just to try something new and Calm Spirit was one of the highlights :D equal to Urban Evasion which has less noticeable value in most games but is godlike when you go against Hag, or versus ranged Killers (Trickster, Huntress, Nemi) to allow you fast crouching around corners and staying hidden until you leave the hip-high area of some loops.

    Giving these perks an extra effect seems nice to shake up the meta a bit more. And first sight I would say it is not too harsh to steal the information part on these perks.