Is BHVR Making Old Maps Darker?
When going through some of the photos BHVR released with the October Developer update. I noticed something, they made the inside of a basement and shack seem a lot darker than normal (images below to show).
Does BHVR intend on trying to make maps darker or something? The lighting feels very comparable to Haddonfield or Garden of Joy.


Comments
Let's hope it's not pitch black, at least. Otherwise, I like it.
I'd rather them bring back the fog.
No thanks
"Welcome to the fog"
Literally the series strap line which they still use now. Kinda stupid when there is no fog.
It would be a silent buff to trapper. I’m all for it.
Not really a buff when youre reverting what was there before: if anything it was a silent nerf.
.
Oh I agree that aesthetically its great. For gameplay tho? Nah.
You couldnt see a damn thing as killer
Please, I remember new Lery was so dark, then they just put light every where. Same to Racoon
I always preferred when survivors played fog offerings while playing trapper. Made it much easier to hide the traps. That won’t be back I’m sure
Making maps much darker would be a buff to flashlights :D
I'd prefer it, bright maps just make it hard if you've got colourblindness.
Field of orange, with pink people on hooks and green/yellow gens makes it crap. I'd rather gens were blue or something and survs dark red.
Brighten realms, less grass, less fog
Whats the point of darken the trap when in-door maps without grass get brighter?
Not mention Eyrie.
If anything, they're making them way, WAY brighter.