What I would do to balance the game
1) Genrush and tunneling:
Genrush make too hard to kill in high ranks, because survivor's objective is way faster than killer's objective. So I would remove all perks that buff gen speed, and put gen 80 seconds because 90s is too much. If you fix Genrush, tunneling isn't necessary no? So I will rework perks that buff gens to counter tunneling, and put barbecue and chili basekit so a killer can hook someone and go for another instead of camping the hooked guy. Also, add a ruin basekit of like 25% passive regression, to reward the killer for going to defend the gens instead of camping to guarantee a kill.
2) Hitboxes:
So, a lot of times hit validation work really bad, also because hit validation never fixed WiFi hit (I've been hit a lot of times like 10 meters distant from the killer). In my opinion, the "hit validation" doesn't exist, Devs only halved hitboxes of killer weapons, also because as I said in a previous post, I see a lot of times my weapons pass through survivor's body.
3) Add the replay system and improve servers to prevent cheaters (I play from ps, so cheaters aren't a problem for me. The problem is that I have to play without cross play to prevent cheaters)
I really hope devs will consider fixing all this problem, because dbd is one of my favorite games, where I spent lot of hours and money and I hate to see the game in this unhealthy state.
Comments
You lost me at "If you can fix Genrush, tunnelling isn't necessary no?" killers would tunnel if gens took 120 seconds each, the game kill always be killer sided.
Mh no, never tunneled before genrush was actually a problem, and I'm not the only one. Before Genrush problem, tunneling wasn't necessary so you met very few people who tunneled. And you can read all the post, so you can see that I said "instead of adding Genrush perks, they can rework Genrush perks in an anti-tunneling way, so killer will stop to tunnel because it's unnecessary and it's punished". No? Obviously there will be poeple who still tunnel, but they may have an hell of a match because of the punishment of tunneling if it isn't unnecessary because both killer and surv objective can be done efficiently without "rushing tactics" (tunneling rush kills, Genrush rush gens).
"If you fix Genrush, tunneling isn't necessary no?"
as long as tunneling gives you an advantage, killers will use it at their desposal. so that doesnt fix it in any way whatsoever.
Also im not sure what genrush perks you are referring to because honestly i think that they are generally quite bad with the only exception being prove thyself. and i think prove being gone but having 80s gens would actually be a buff to survivors.
I agree that hitboxes are weird particularly for huntress and wesker. The main problem i see with this is the fact that you cant see a ping indicator in lobbys anymore. this makes it that you have to live with these really bad hit validations in some games. this and also that the matchmaking doesnt really give priority to your own region.
Replays would be nice but i doubt this will address cheating very well. What i could think of is that there could be messurements from the game that check if the killer or survivor is doing something impossible and therefore will get automatically disconnected. ( f.e. movementspeed, itemaddons ). Best would be an anti cheat system that detects if external programs are accessing dbd files.
In matches without prove thyself/hyperfocus I win without difficulty, but it's 1 match out of 20. Some years ago genrush wasn't a problem, so I don't know why now it's a problem. Also, I don't know why prove thyself is used this much in high mmr and it's one of the oldest perk in the game, and I started see it after some months of mmr. And as I said, killer tunnel because gens are too fast, so if you find a way to fix gen speed and at the same time prevent heavy tunneling, I don't see why killer have to tunnel. If both objective can be done without rushing them, why you have to rush them? Also, I think that if a killer see that if he tunnel he can't defend gens efficiently because tunneling is punished and, at the same time, if he can press gen and survivor in chase without seeing a gen done every 10 seconds, he think "Oh tunneling isn't necessary anymore, maybe I can be oppressive without tunneling such as in 2019". Because before MMR, if you were oppressive you didn't need to tunnel, now you can be oppressive but without tunneling/camping you rarely win in high mmr.
Hitboxes are weird in general in my opinion, also with for example pyramid head the punishment require too much precision, that it's a good thing don't misunderstand me, but when pyramid head came out he was really good and fun to play, because you had much more freedom of movement in using punishment. Nemesis it's the worst, the tentacle is the size of a toothpick. The huntress sometimes throw a ######### refrigerator, and Wesker lot of times miss the hit also with a survivor in front of him. Hitboxes aren't really good.
For cheating, the replay system is a way to prove that someone was cheating, and for the "server improvement" I intended everything you said. It isn't difficult to put a thing (I don't know the name) that check if a player is moving faster, repairing faster, destroying thing faster etc. I don't know why Devs didn't put it already, because cheaters problem has been around for months no?
Fixing Genrush and Tunnel is like trying to flip a coin and have it land on it's side
Genrush- there needs to be a secondary objective involved with Gens (totems aren't it anymore)
Also just hitting great skillchecks reduce the time it takes to finish a Gen by half (obviously hitting more then 5 skillchecks)
Tunneling- make it harder to finish Gens with all 4 Survivors alive... which doesn't make much sense (but here we are)
Also maybe nerf all of the Gen regression perks then increase the base Gen regression... it'll even out what Builds one sees and gives Killers more pressure without having to use perks... I started to think this before Sadako came out
People started to tunnel most in patch 6.1. This was the patch where killers were having 4K every single game for first few days. The amount of camping and tunneling was way higher then in 6.0 as opposed to way lower (because you did not need to do that). Thankfully 6.2 came with 10s basekit BT and with reassurence which at least limited camp/tunnel viability so camping and tunneling is lower then in 6.1 (but I still feel it's higher then in 6.0 where you had less time for it because gens too 80s).
Meaning - killers will tunnel as long as it's the best thing they can do. If you only change generator speed to 120s, you will see virtually all killers camp - because it will just autowin their game without any effort. On the other hand if the only change was to make hook stages take 90s instead of 60s, there will be virtually (not literally, because some people do it to spite others instead of trying to win) no camping - because this will be so punishing tactics, that very few people will even try them. Same way with tunneling - make survivor run at 200% speed for 10s after unhook and the amount of tunneling will decrease rapidly, because killer will need to find that survivor AGAIN after unhook. (and FYI these were examples to illustrate the point. I am not advocating for such extreme times or speeds)
I know killer will tunnel as long as it's the best they can do, but if you find a way to fix genrush and punish tunneling, killer doesn't have any reason to tunnel. Devs now only punish tunneling, but don't do anything for genrush. If they continue this way, killer will tunnel and camp, but if they find a way to fix genrush and, at the same time, make tunneling impossible to do without seeing gens popping in 10 seconds, maybe killer will still tunneling, but they will lose all gens for 1 max 2 kills. For camping I had an idea: a basekit reassurance, that makes the entity go slower when the killer is near the hook (but if his chasing someone near the hook doesn't activate, because maybe the killer is defending it). At the same time, they can put something that prevent survivor from rushing gens, so killer can leave the hook and be oppressive, not just camp to make the hooked guy second stage and tunnel him. Now tunneling is the best strategy only because genrush exist, and you don't have the time to chase someone. Increasing gen times will not fix the problem, because they make prove thyself a must have, they need to work around genrush perks (and also bnp and toolboxes, I forgot to mention them in my previous post).
The prove that genrush and tunneling go on the same way (I mean, if you fix genrush you fix tunneling) is that before genrush problem I never tunneled in my life, never camped and I'm not the only one. Lot of times I ended matches with 5/4 gens to do because I ######### destroyed every surv in chase, like 20 seconds of chase. Now I still do 20 seconds chases, but gen pops in 20 seconds so you know, it's hard to win without tunneling someone out.