Can someone explain this
So I was playing Wesker when a Dwight who was on death hook basically dropped his item infront of me. So I know that's the universal symbol of *please let me leave sir* but what I don't get is why do it though most of the time the killer won't listen or better yet they just see has a way of a free kill. So can someone explain why people still do it?
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
Well, they are applying to the player behind the killers sense of altruism; a ploy that has a much higher chance of success then the other way around.
It might not work for you, but unless that player BMed me all game I usually feel pangs of sympathy and spare the cutie. Might also be a kharma thing, because I got a pretty good record on getting spared when I apply for it as a Survivor.
Why people do it? Simple: compared to a 100% chance of dying in a match with a dominating killer who might already have killed someone at 4 gens, with this altruism tactic you at least got a chance.
You're losing your item either way so might as well drop it and see if the killer will trade their life for their stuff.
I know as a killer, unless they've been a jerk in the match, I will accept an item trade. I also accept funny things if you'd rather do that...
https://mobile.twitter.com/tippy2k2/status/1581483196193341442what do you have to lose at that point by trying? hah. ๐
I mean unless you have a white ward on you're gonna lose the item anyways so it's just a gesture to appeal to the other players mercy. Usually I see people do it when they have a challenge to escape and they're boned.
I'm gonna lose it anyway, might as well try.
Most of the time the survivor is already dead with no where to go so might as well try.
I just had a match against a sabo squad and a Meg tried it and I wasn't feeling nice at the moment so she died. Btw they weren't been jerks or nothing just trying to make sabo plays.
Is a 50/50 with me depends how I feel at the moment.
People also leave their items to say gg when they otherwise can't.
I play very chill and not particularly to win. I've had my fair share of teams that beat me hollow wait in the gate and give me their items before leaving as a soothing gesture like "we had fun, you did good/were fair".
The rarer the item, the stronger the sentiment :)
I love doing this when a killer gives up at the end or seems a little fed up. I want to give them my item out of respect for how hard they played. Feels like a teabag at the gate's much less evil twin sister.