Red ranks
Does someone already at 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 iri?
Idk why, but I find myself so hard to get 5 pips at red ranks, every game someone DC or there's camper...
Last two months it was painful but not like that
P.S I spent entire day and end up at 0 pips...
I really DON'T UNDERSTAND why if you got camped or some of your teammates DC - you're losing a pip?
Comments
I'm iri 3 survivor, though I haven't played as much as usual because of the DC penalties turned off and then playing some killer because my survivor matches seem so badly matched.
I never struggle pipping though, usually the games I dont pip in are games over so fast I didnt do anything or games where everyone just gave up.
Pips dont mean alot though, if you want to aim for them though just look at the emblems endgame and itll show which areas you need to improve on and how to get them up.
Usually most people struggle with the chase/survival emblems from what I see, and you get better at chases just by practice (the emblem says stuns, but honestly dont try to get stuns as itll do more harm than good)
I am at the forefront of the people advocating to remove depipping unless you DCed. It's was said time and time again, even by BHVR themselves, that grades nowadays serf no other purpose besides your own satisfaction and as a measure of how much you played since the last grade reset, and that it isn't any representation of skill, yet we all know the awful feeling when you slowly inch yourself towards the next grade, only to be hit with a couple of bad games in a row and go back to zero.
Heck, the killer might just decide to tunnel you, or most frustrating, you might face an afk killer that doesn't hit the air in front of them. Apparently there are some Arcane techniques to barely scrounge up enough boldness points by loitering around the killer, so that you get a safety pip, but that just shouldn't be a thing: depipping because the killer is afk.
So every month I now do this: I play normally till I reach high silver or gold ranks, then smurf my account hard by not killing any survivor's and when my MMR hits rock bottom, I shift gears and stomp baby survivor's way too hard for my own good while farming them for 12 hooks whenever possible. I blaze through the ranks and just shut off my bad conscious for ruining so many newbies games, but I just can't stand the dumb depipping anymore.
This way around this time of the months I reach Iri1 and can finally relax and fool around and meme with cute survivors without the fear of paying the price for that next game via depipping. Its a dog ear dog world and I would just prefer to just play like that all month long, but the depipping forces me to play as tough as I can till I reach Iri1.
I have had this situation often enough: I sat at 4 pips, the last survivor was really cute and begged for mercy and then I was one sacrifice too short to pip up. The next three games were against seal teams and send me basically back to start.
Yeah but the thing is if people get to iri 1 fast will they as you say "meme" and hinder other people's games.
The pips drive alot of players to try do better in games so they can gain a pip, making pips even easier will just increase the amount of people nor caring about the outcome.
It's a catch 22, one hand they serve no real use and we all want those bonus BP yet on the other hand I dont want people not caring/trying to get pips as itll impact how people play and I dont want more players giving up because they're already iri 1 and the game isnt going how they wanted
There is no more ranks. They have been replaced with grades. You get bp on the 13th of every month based on your grade
i would play less selfishly after hitting Iri 1, not that i will put enough time into this game to reach that grade any more. depipping to bs reasons out of your control is fairly irritating as well. i thought depipping could be blocked if nobody gets enough points or something
I stockpile map offerings for maps I'm good at and I play them a lot as soon as I have 2/5 pips at Iri. While I might only escape a little bit more I depip less as it's harder to down someone on the Game, for example, than in the very ironically named Shelter Woods.
If depipping were removed as it should be I wouldn't play map offerings except for a Tome Challenge (eg fall from a great height x times; gl with that on Lery's as opposed to Dead Dawg) but, since there is depipping, I find map offerings remove a lot of the frustration for me at Iri grades.