When is something finally going to be done about dc on consoles?

If you can't ban people, give them a timeout from the game for a day after a person dc a certain amount if times in 24 hours, do something. It's frustrating, dc rates are insane

Comments

  • They really are. At least 75% of my matches have a DC, its so annoying especially being on the Survivors side and having 5 gens to do with 3 people against a really advantaged killer.
  • Dc's around the update have been more apparent. Some of them might have been intentional and some just the game blue screening or black screening.
  • @HuN7r3sS said:
    Dc's around the update have been more apparent. Some of them might have been intentional and some just the game blue screening or black screening.

    I'm talking about rage quitting, obviously

  • @HellDescent said:
    If you can't ban people, give them a timeout from the game for a day after a person dc a certain amount if times in 24 hours, do something. It's frustrating, dc rates are insane

    Although I cannot confirm this I do believe the surge in disconnects from both Killers and survivors is due to the new graphics update. Many people have been complaining about match performance (especially on the new map). As a PS4 player myself I know Disconnects are high since we currently have no punishment system (honestly cannot believe we still don't!!!) but I think the increase is due to the poor performance issues the new graphics patch has created.

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    @HellDescent said:
    If you can't ban people, give them a timeout from the game for a day after a person dc a certain amount if times in 24 hours, do something. It's frustrating, dc rates are insane

    Although I cannot confirm this I do believe the surge in disconnects from both Killers and survivors is due to the new graphics update. Many people have been complaining about match performance (especially on the new map). As a PS4 player myself I know Disconnects are high since we currently have no punishment system (honestly cannot believe we still don't!!!) but I think the increase is due to the poor performance issues the new graphics patch has created.

    I understand those disconnects when something is off and the player doesn't want to be in the game. But 95% of the dc I encounter is when I down or find a survivor

  • A lot of the dc's since the latest update are likely unintentional. Especially on the new map. There's a glitch that causes someone to dc on that map. Apparently its been happening on other maps, too.

  • I dc sometimes because of one thing, I literally cannot play on some maps or dc because of farm or tunneled off hook

  • If you can't ban people, give them a timeout from the game for a day after a person dc a certain amount if times in 24 hours, do something. It's frustrating, dc rates are insane

    Part of the dc rates at the moment is because the update is causing a lot of people to crash mid game 
  • Maybe (I say maybe because im not 100% sure) when dedicated servers come the devs will have power on console but until then the devs cant do anything... that's all Sony and Microsoft so players can DC, body block and just over all give a fun gaming experience to others 
  • I find it hilarious when Survivors DC because they get downed/hooked first, or a teammate unhooks them when Im,still near and down em again... Had a game as Spirit where someone DC'd at the start, then had a guy kept Teabagging me, got em twice and they teabagged at a pallet then dc'd.

    Other teammate after getting hooked and using Deliverance DC'd as I dropped em.  Downed the last guy and gave em Hatch xD.  They were new and didn't understand what I was doing and wiggled free twice, had to down em and find it first xD

    Sucks for Survivors to get f'd over, but for me, I'll always give hatch as long as the person wasn't being a toxic one
  • Yeah, DC rates are insane on console. 9/10 matches I play somebody DC's. I'm not even doing anything differently just playing normally

  • Well its not rlly better on PC sadly....

  • @HellDescent said:
    If you can't ban people, give them a timeout from the game for a day after a person dc a certain amount if times in 24 hours, do something.

    Game is broken dude. New map crash games.
    Don't consider they are dcing for now at least.