Tome Page time confusion
When I checked yesterday (Tuesday 10/18) at 11 AM EST, it said page 2 would be open in 1 day. SO when i checked today (1 day later) its still not open but now says will be open in 23 hours. so why did it say 1 day yesterday when it really is 2 days.
Comments
got me too
Same. It previously said that it would release today for me. I checked yesterday at 11 ET which is the time when new levels become available
When it says 1 day it means 1 day, 23 hours and 59 minutes.
yes, but is 2 days, not 1 day. 1 day from that point it will be available.
I get what you mean and I fell for it too at the beginning. I would just love to have the exact day and that's it instead of a countdown, honestly.
Except it’s not two days. It’s one day and x number of hours until 11am EST the following day.
It only counts full days. 1 day and 23h 59min will be shown as "1 day". At the 23h 59min mark it will register as "23h". Sometimes, with the 7days events, they give us a full countdown, and there you can see it at play, too: the event starts and will last 7 days, so the timer shows "6 days, 23h, 59min" etc
The issue is the confusion comes in when it says 1 day and you wait the 1 day and its still not available. most people will see 1 day and think 24 hours later, not 1 day 14 hours
I think thats most people's logic and I was also one of the disappointed people
And here we find 2 important lessons.
1) Only count down when you see it saying hours, not minutes.
2) Anything related to a Rift happens on a Wednesday unless it is Event related, because anything related to an Event happens on a Thursday
When you check at 11 ET and it says exactly 1 day instead of 2 days that's a mistake on their part.
If it was the opposite, people would be complaining the opposite way. My prescription is to learn what the game is.
This shouldn’t be a focus point for improvement.
Opposite how? What is the game? Deliberate on your prescription
yeah i get how it works now
it should probably just round up, not round down
Yeah it would be nice if it just said the exact time. But if it says "1 day" it really means "1 day + [less than another day]" lol
Well, if you don't mind if it shows "one more day" with 5 minutes left.