Gen speed is out of control, and how hit validation function?
Yesterday I played for the first time after like a month (the last time I played was when Wesker got fixed), because I kinda wanted to see the situation. So I grabbed my pyramid head, started a match... In like 10/15 seconds popped a gen. After that, I was like "How the ######### is possible?". So I started my first chase and it was a pleasure to see that my weapon passed through the survivor I was chasing without damaging him and also with a perfect m2 that survivor didn't get the hit. I managed to down that survivor, bring him to the basement and they popped other 2 gens. Literally 1 hook 3 gens done. I managed to defend decently the hook, downing 3/4 after the save but obviously unbreakable carry the situation and one of them got up and healed the other 2 downed. At the end of the match I managed to get a kill. After that I said "Well, I didn't play in a lot of time, I have to warm up". Another match, same thing: gen insanely fast, chase this time super short but 2 guys managed to escape because they did gen extremely fast.
So, what's the point of this post? I want to understand why, if I hit a survivor and the ######### weapon pass through his body, I don't get the hit (it's not my connection, because I checked and I didn't have any problem) and, the most scary problem, why the gen in this game go faster and faster over time? A lot of people will be like "They were playing efficiently" but few years ago people still played efficiently but I never saw a gen pop in 15 seconds.
My theory for the "missing hit" is that it isn't counted for the hit validation, but why the hit validation count only survivors connection and not killer connection? If I don't have any problem, but the survivor has a ######### connection, why do I have to be punished for his problem?
Comments
maybe cheater
I play from ps without cross play to prevent (or reduce, I don't know maybe is possible to cheat on ps?) cheaters. I don't think I met cheaters, maybe lag switch (that can be considered a cheat).
The hits have been wonky forever. Your weapon practically clips through them, but because they spun, sudden invincibility. Or aim dressing rollback.
the fact that you're playing on console explains it. killers on console always feel like for me they're half a second behind (i always DH to early). connected to your opponents on console that's ~1 second.
Yesterday I had a game with Dredge and had the same problem two times in a row. The Survivor was directly in front of me with almost no distance. After I tried to hit, my lunge instantly stopped and I got no hit. A few seconds later it happened again.
I thought he was a cheater but as I noticed no further problems with the same survivor, I accepted it as being a bug probably.
The connection/hit thing is not a one way or clear thing. I've been hit as the survivor after not just making a vault, but being a good distance from the vault. I've been hit while falling through the air after a 2nd story vault (once had my graphics suddenly change to the grab animation). Also had instance of dropping a pallet, it completely dropping, taking a step away, then getting hit.
It's because when they move sometimes there hitbox doesn't like up with there modle. It's why 360s work.
It's still not right. Just another second chance after the killer spends potentially 60 seconds in chase just to get the hit on them.
I'm not saying it's right I was just saying that's the reason.