Idea for the Blair Witch in DBD

Now obviously I don't mean having the actual Blair Witch as a killer in the game, but I think it would be really cool to have the story incorporated in some way. Some ideas would be:

Having the main characters as survivors (Heather Donahue, Michael Williams, and Joshua Leonard).

Having the Blair Witch symbol as a charm.

Having the stick casing thing with Josh's teeth in it as a charm.

A new map might be a good idea but I can't see that working well with an open forest and if the map was the old house, it would probably be too small and cramped to work as a map. Although, if this became a chapter, we could have the forest setting with the old broken down house shown in the main menu.

On certain maps, for a limited time, have Blair Witch decorations (rock piles, stick symbols dangling from high places, et cetera).

And you know what, who knows. Maybe if we get another Blair Witch movie in the future and it gives us a good visual of her, she might make a pretty awesome killer.

Comments

  • i agree Blair Witch does belong in this game calling itself the Walk of Fame for Horror!


    Made a concept for her as a killer a while back:

    @Mooks said:

    Elly Kedward, The Blair Witch

    This Killer Concept is based on my (loose) memory of the film the Blair Witch Project and Blair Witch 2. I have not seen the 2016 movie but read a summary of the plot. I know that my power concept may be partly countered by SWF but I tried to play around this.

    Appearance:

    Tricky since afaik she is never seen in her movies. But I think there is an official video game that kind of depicts her. It would also be cool to have her be a shadowy/foggy figure without a defined face and all, but enough to depict her as humanoid..

    Power: Possession

    The Blair Witch can make herself be completely invisible, while in this form, a normal attack does not injure a survivor but possess him. Turning back to normal form from invisible will take some seconds and you will not be able to attack immediately (as to not be used as a better wraith).

    When you possess a survivor you get to control his character, you can perform basic survivor actions (repairing, vaulting, searching chests, etc but not unhooking, unsure about healing, repairing will regress the gen slightly instead of really repairing) but mainly you can attack other survivors. You will have the undetectable status effect while possessing a survivor. Your crouching is normal walking speed, normal walking is 4m/s or 100% speed and sprinting will be 115% movement speed. Vaulting will always be slow vault speed. You can’t end the possession at will.

    When you are possessed as survivor you will not notice it on first glance. You will be in a sort of parallel/Halluzination world. Repairing can be done but if you finish a gen it will not be counted as a finished gen and can be repaired again. You can’t open exit gates. Searching through chests will open the chest without revealing an item. You can see other survivors doing what they are doing in the real world. You can find humanoid stick figures (4 total) and destroy them. After the first one is destroyed, another random one will be revealed to you per aura. (They can be placed where jigsaw boxes/plague fountains/alarm clocks are placed). Destroying every figure will end the possession, you are placed where your possessed body was and the witch will be placed where you were when ending possession.

    The last survivor alive cannot be possessed. If a survivor is possessed while the second to last dies he has a remaining time to destroy all figured to end possession. Works kind of like end game collapse, you will be snacked by Entity if you can’t escape possession. The hatch is also available while possessed.

    Perk 1: Don’t look

    While the totem is active, a survivor will be exposed after looking directly at the killer for x/y/z seconds, the effect will remain 3 seconds after looking away from killer. (Reuse Ghostface revealing mechanic, looking away and immediately to the killer will not interrupt the duration; this is supposed to change the normal chase where survivors pretty much always watch behind what the killer is doing; depending on balance)

    Perk 2: Hex: Mark of the Witch

    You are obsessed with a survivor. While the totem is active the obsession will see your aura while looking in your direction. You can kill the obsession when in dying state after they stun you 4/3/2 times. (Kind of an anti-OoO Perk, since they will not know the aura comes from this Hex; if you don’t use OoO and see the killer search for totem or avoid stuns!)

    Perk 3: Hallucinations

    Survivors have a slightly/moderate/tremendous chance of perceiving hallucinations of other killers such as: Hearing sounds (Wraith bell, Billy’s/bubbas chainsaw), seeing props (Pigs Jigsaw boxes, Plagues fountains) and traps (Trappers traps, Hags marks) and others (Doctors illusions, Demos portals). Moving towards it will make them disappear.

    my other concepts (Feedback and suggestions always welcome):

    Killers: The Ice Queen, Hannibal, Charlie(The Darkness), The Blair Witch, The Firebreather, The Photographer

    Survivors: Aria Morrison, Lukas Schmidt, Paitoon Saeli

    Survivor Items: Walkie Talkies, Lighter, Water Bottle, Pocket Knife, Sling Shot, Spray Paint Cans, Salt Pouch, Smoke Bomb, Voodoo Doll, Smudge Sticks

    Game mechanics: Expanded survivor objectives, Exhaustion Rework, Spiderwebs


    as to her appearance, she was depicted in an official videogame from what I have read.

    also we have the Dredge‘s void which could kinda work for a complete killer as well maybe? Let her have a vague humanoid shape but completely in form of the Darkness so you can’t make out exact shapes if you know what I mean..

  • @Mooks said:

    i agree Blair Witch does belong in this game calling itself the Walk of Fame for Horror!

    Made a concept for her as a killer a while back:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/154559/licensed-killer-concept-the-blair-witch

    as to her appearance, she was depicted in an official videogame from what I have read.

    also we have the Dredge‘s void which could kinda work for a complete killer as well maybe? Let her have a vague humanoid shape but completely in form of the Darkness so you can’t make out exact shapes if you know what I mean..

    Dude, TOTALLY. I will for sure read through that concept, it looks awesome.

  • @Mooks said:

    i agree Blair Witch does belong in this game calling itself the Walk of Fame for Horror!

    Made a concept for her as a killer a while back:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/154559/licensed-killer-concept-the-blair-witch

    as to her appearance, she was depicted in an official videogame from what I have read.

    also we have the Dredge‘s void which could kinda work for a complete killer as well maybe? Let her have a vague humanoid shape but completely in form of the Darkness so you can’t make out exact shapes if you know what I mean..

    I love the idea of kind of shrouding the way she looks. I would imagine something like a mix of this image and depiction of her:

    blair witch.png


    da blair witch.png
  • I really like this idea. Even if not the Blair Witch, but something similar like they did with Billy being like Bubba in a sense.

    The Blair Witch is said to be a ghost, and I was just thinking yesterday why don't we have a haunted house map.

    It is said the Blair Witch can cast illusions, curses, shapeshift and possess others. What if we had a killer who could possess survivors for a short time or shape shift into them? An invisible killer that can only attack when possessing someone? Or if they have to go the simple route of making illusionary gens or showing illusionary survivors in the game? I really think there is potential.

  • Yes exactly what i was thinking about


    @Araphex said:

    I really like this idea. Even if not the Blair Witch, but something similar like they did with Billy being like Bubba in a sense.

    The Blair Witch is said to be a ghost, and I was just thinking yesterday why don't we have a haunted house map.

    It is said the Blair Witch can cast illusions, curses, shapeshift and possess others. What if we had a killer who could possess survivors for a short time or shape shift into them? An invisible killer that can only attack when possessing someone? Or if they have to go the simple route of making illusionary gens or showing illusionary survivors in the game? I really think there is potential.

    Illusions and possessions are part of my concept for sure

  • @Araphex said:

    I really like this idea. Even if not the Blair Witch, but something similar like they did with Billy being like Bubba in a sense.

    The Blair Witch is said to be a ghost, and I was just thinking yesterday why don't we have a haunted house map.

    It is said the Blair Witch can cast illusions, curses, shapeshift and possess others. What if we had a killer who could possess survivors for a short time or shape shift into them? An invisible killer that can only attack when possessing someone? Or if they have to go the simple route of making illusionary gens or showing illusionary survivors in the game? I really think there is potential.

    The haunted house idea is a great point. We need a haunted house map, it's kind of funny we don't already. Also, those are some great ideas for her power but you should check out Mooks' comment with his concept, because he has some very similar ideas.

  • Late to the party but I've been thinking this for a while myself. And I may be crazy but on the Hags Family Knowledge cosmetic, I swear that's the Blair Witch symbol behind her head. It's been making me work nonstop trying to think of the perfect build for her to be my dbd Blair Witch.