Cross-save greedy counsel work around idea

If we only have access to the characters and cells on the specific platform maybe we can make Sony and MS not feel there missing sales. Say I have every character on one plat and I am playing on another I won’t be able to access the character w/o buying it there. Then just like now cosmetics unlocked on unavailable characters aren’t usable till we buy/unlock that character. Please BHVR 🤞 everyone gets sales and everyone’s happy

Comments

  • That would still not give MS or Sony anything though? They would still miss out on future DLC/auric purchases, players playing the game on their platform and buying online subscriptions

  • I’ve said it before. I’ll gladly buy every characters again

  • @Mooks said:

    That would still not give MS or Sony anything though? They would still miss out on future DLC/auric purchases, players playing the game on their platform and buying online subscriptions

    I 100% disagree. People will buy on the platform they choose. It would change nothing for them. Players aren’t gonna leave because of this. They would have to invest $ to change platforms.

  • keeping friends on specific platforms is another reason to continue using the original plat. So no cross-friends. I would be fine w/ that. Just let me have my items

  • Last thought- I believe this could produce MORE SALES. Instead on “feeling” lock to a platform. If saves were shared it could entice players to buy on different platform so they could finally play w/ there friend on another plats they couldn’t before. So many gamers buy other games multiple times for friend purposes. This could really encourage it on DbD. Ms/Sony or whoever is making decisions should think more sales from new players, not the thought of losing them

  • @PB_TORCHer said:

    Last thought- I believe this could produce MORE SALES. Instead on “feeling” lock to a platform. If saves were shared it could entice players to buy on different platform so they could finally play w/ there friend on another plats they couldn’t before. So many gamers buy other games multiple times for friend purposes. This could really encourage it on DbD. Ms/Sony or whoever is making decisions should think more sales from new players, not the thought of losing them

    The game already has crossplay and you can play with friends on other platforms regardless of what platform you are on.

  • I thought the cross play was random, not friends. Are you100%sure we can connect and group w/ specific players from different plats??

    @kingcarl2012 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3236586#Comment_3236586

    The game already has crossplay and you can play with friends on other platforms regardless of what platform you are on.


  • @PB_TORCHer said:

    I thought the cross play was random, not friends. Are you100%sure we can connect and group w/ specific players from different plats??

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3236882#Comment_3236882

    Absolutely i have pc friends on my ingame friends list on my Xbox

  • Never mind. I see they added this lol. Awesome!, doesn’t help my case now :(