All platform Cross-save should be a main priority
Too many players to count want this. Nuff said
Too many players to count want this. Nuff said
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Yes this is a highly requested feature, but it's not only up to the devs. Sony and Microsoft have to accept deals they all can agree upon.
And sony won't engage with a lot of crossplatform features.
Yeah I've seen others here mention that before. I'm on Xbox and don't have a lot of hope Microsoft will cooperate in this either.
Fortnite has it. So idk what behavior is dealing with or they’re claiming some bs for some underlining reason
Ultimately when a player leaves a platform we’re gone for good. Psn isn’t keeping me paying for online access and an out dated system. Just to play this DbD account. Fortnite has the best account service and I see a lot of influence from them in DbD. If they can do it so can dbd
You don’t know how Fortnite got it though, do you?
(hint: it’s got something to do with much much money)
I know they’re $ makers, but ultimately they have it sooooooooo it’s possible. Also it’s not 100% this is the reason though it’s likely
oh I mean, technically sure it’s possible. I mean, we have cross Progression for Steam, Epic and Stadia. And Switch ran into technical issues but is still confirmed to get it eventually.
for Microsoft and Sony we can only really assume what the reasons are. One aspect is, that on their platforms, you gotta have the platform specific online subscription and there are probably plenty of players who get this just to be able to play DbD. So they would be missing out a lot of money if cross Progression would be activated - especially considering how poorly optimized DbD runs on consoles.
As I said after moving to PC I have 0 plans of continuing to play on psn. So whatever Sonys reasoning is doesn’t keep me. It would be great to play on multiple plats. for friend purposes, Again Fortnite has cross friends also;) It can be done.
In fact psn pushes me further away by holding my DbD profile hostage. This is another reason to walk away and never come back
Publicly at least microsoft say they are happy with crossplatform.
I believe Fortnite had their deal already in place when they ported the game to the consoles. BHVR did not, and now it is a real pain unfortunately to get done.
Or bhvr doesn’t care about our unlocks and wants use to rebuy every character we care about again. It could be psn/MS - probably is. I’m gonna buy everything I care for again. I’m not mad, just a bit disappointed about all the items and cosmetics from 4 years of playing a live service game. I actually didn’t play DbD much this past year because of the dreaded RE-Grind after moving to PC last summer. DbD is my most played game EVER. I love the game and it would be FN Awesome to have all my cosmetics again.
That step I will never do, and I bet most others will not as well. After thousands of hours and whatever monies spent on DBD I cannot rebuy and regrind everything. Nope nope nope.
When I can't play the game any longer on my Xbox1 then I'm done.
with the new sharing of perks it’s not as bad. Just sad. If you ever get a PC you’d probably start again like I did. Only time will tell. New counsels are too hard to get and paying to play online is for the birds. ‘PC is the way” I’m done w/ Xbox and Sony.