My tierlist - All Killer perks

Comments

  • Wow first tier list were I genuinely agree with every single choice

    Edit: oops nvm shattered hope

  • Call of Brine over Overcharge imo.

  • That's actually a pretty good list overall.

    Crowd Control, Grim Embrace, Merciless Storm should be lower; Thrill of the Hunt should be higher. Call of Brine is also better than Overcharge imo. But yeah other than that I don't have a lot of complaints here honestly.

  • @GannTM said:

    Call of Brine over Overcharge imo.

    This OP^

    There isn't really any instance where Overcharge is better than Call of Brine. Call of Brine has the same effect, but provides you with information. Overcharge does not. Additionally, the window on the Overcharge skill check is very very gracious in its size. If you want, run Overcharge with CoB, but not Overcharge over CoB.

  • disagree with a few placements but my changes would be only a bit off from where you put them. thumbs up

  • Finally.... Someone who thinks that Whispers is actually decent

    Why is Undying higher then all of the other Hexes... it doesn't make much sense to only run Undying... unless you know something that I don't

    So what's the criteria for the star ranking? So I can adjust my thinking to you...

    Also what I have to say may be odd cause I haven't played the game so I have no experience with some of the perks... But I hope that people understand where I'm coming from

  • What does the color coding on the icons represent? (And is it just me or are a lot of these harder to make out than usual because of the extra background tints?)

  • @dugman said:

    What does the color coding on the icons represent? (And is it just me or are a lot of these harder to make out than usual because of the extra background tints?)

    the backgrounds are the maps of the killers the perks come from i think. or at least something related to the killer they come from. slingers are dead dawg main building and doritos are the symbol in the middle of midwich (i dont know much about silent hill and dont know what that actually is)

  • I'd personally move a handful up or down but that's just me, mostly agree with this though.

    • I like Call of Brine better than Overcharge, particularly against survivor that are good enough to hit the Overcharge skill checks. It gives better short term regression than Overcharge if survivors stabilize the gen within about 20 seconds or so, and it also gives decent tracking information when someone is actively repairing a Brined gen. Overcharge is literally less regression than a basic, perkless kick in the short term if a survivor stabilizes it soon after it's kicked if the survivor can hit the skill check.
    • I think Unrelenting is slightly underrated. Unless you literally never whiff attacks against juking survivor you actually get some decent value out of it in a chase when you miss. It's basically the flip side of Save the Best for Last for misses in terms of distance saved. So its value depends on how often you miss swings, and I have a sneaking suspicion there are quite a few killers who think to themselves "I never miss so Unrelenting is useless" but who forget how often they actually do miss. So I'd put it in the two star bracket versus the trash tier.
    • Bloodhound I'd put in two star as well mainly because it's a decent alternative to Nurse's Calling if you're worried about things like Distortion hiding survivor auras. And while blood trails can be seen without the perk, it's almost impossible to miss the trails with the perk, even on maps where the ground is dark. Plus it makes the trails last slightly longer which also makes them more likely to be spotted. So not the best perk but not trash in my opinion, even for people who follow blood without it.
    • Deerstalker is a two star as well. There are lots of times you might end up slugging a survivor for 20 or 30 or 40 seconds after you down them and Deerstalker prevents the possibility of that survivor crawling off into a bush to hide and being difficult or impossible to find depending on the sounds they're making. I've had and seen quite a few games where the killer slugs someone, the survivor either crawls off or the killer forgets where they slugged them, and then spends an extra 15 or 25 seconds looking for the slugged survivor or worse not finding them at all. It's just a really nice quality of life perk to completely eliminate those situations.
    • I might put Lightborn in the 1 star tier, it's kind of a bad perk. Yeah, you're immune to flashlights, but so what? If the survivors are trying for flashlight saves it's usually a waste of their time anyway and all Lightborn does is encourage them to stay on gens instead. The only thing I like about Lightborn is it is fun to do the "gotcha" moment of kicking a pallet, they try and blind you, and you get a free hit out of it, but aside from that gimmick and maybe a similar gimmick in a backpack build I just can't see myself using this perk.
    • Personally I'd put Coulrophobia in the 3 star bracket maybe, since it got buffed it's actually a decent anti-healing perk. In fact I've seen more killers doing things like Coulrophobia plus Sloppy Butcher to really punish the healing meta. (And impossible skill check Coulrophobia is a fun gimmick build. ๐Ÿ™‚)
    • In the current Prove Thyself meta Discordance is a solid perk, I'd put it at 4 stars. If Prove Thyself weren't so popular though I'd keep it at 3.
    • I'm undecided if Shattered Hope is 2 or 3 star in the current meta. If Circle of Healing weren't the third or fourth most used survivor perk I definitely wouldn't put it in the 3 star category. But Circle of Healing is quite popular and permanently denying totem spots for it plus a bit of aura reading might not be so bad, so maybe it's a 3 star right now given that? (I've been tinkering with swapping that one in recently since Circle of Healing is on the rise currently.)


  • Overcharge and Bamboozle seem a bit too high. Bamboozle is really good on a couple specific killers but on most of the roster is merely decent. Overcharge on it's own is just worse than Call of Brine, it's only worth bringing alongside it and yet you put CoB lower.

    Infectious Fright and Gift of Pain I'd probably put slightly lower too, they're both good perks just nothing amazing.

    Tinkerer is still a really strong perk, I've not played around enough with it but I'd probably put it low 4 star.

    I'd put Caulrophobia and Surveillance both upto 3-star since certain perks combo well with them and can make em decently strong.

    Would probably put Coup upto 2 star, it's slightly more useful than the rest of the garbage down in 1 star.

    Otherwise most of them seem pretty spot on.

  • Coup is probably at least a three-star perk. There's always going to be four better perks to run no matter what kind of build you're going for, but it's a pretty good perk and fun.

  • Whilst I don't necessarily agree with some placements (just personal choice, and everybody's tier list will be different), I will say your list is the coolest-looking tier list!

    Those backgrounds to each perk are awesome!๐Ÿ‘

  • @dugman said:

    I'd personally move a handful up or down but that's just me, mostly agree with this though.

    • I like Call of Brine better than Overcharge, particularly against survivor that are good enough to hit the Overcharge skill checks. It gives better short term regression than Overcharge if survivors stabilize the gen within about 20 seconds or so, and it also gives decent tracking information when someone is actively repairing a Brined gen. Overcharge is literally less regression than a basic, perkless kick in the short term if a survivor stabilizes it soon after it's kicked if the survivor can hit the skill check.
    • I think Unrelenting is slightly underrated. Unless you literally never whiff attacks against juking survivor you actually get some decent value out of it in a chase when you miss. It's basically the flip side of Save the Best for Last for misses in terms of distance saved. So its value depends on how often you miss swings, and I have a sneaking suspicion there are quite a few killers who think to themselves "I never miss so Unrelenting is useless" but who forget how often they actually do miss. So I'd put it in the two star bracket versus the trash tier.
    • Bloodhound I'd put in two star as well mainly because it's a decent alternative to Nurse's Calling if you're worried about things like Distortion hiding survivor auras. And while blood trails can be seen without the perk, it's almost impossible to miss the trails with the perk, even on maps where the ground is dark. Plus it makes the trails last slightly longer which also makes them more likely to be spotted. So not the best perk but not trash in my opinion, even for people who follow blood without it.
    • Deerstalker is a two star as well. There are lots of times you might end up slugging a survivor for 20 or 30 or 40 seconds after you down them and Deerstalker prevents the possibility of that survivor crawling off into a bush to hide and being difficult or impossible to find depending on the sounds they're making. I've had and seen quite a few games where the killer slugs someone, the survivor either crawls off or the killer forgets where they slugged them, and then spends an extra 15 or 25 seconds looking for the slugged survivor or worse not finding them at all. It's just a really nice quality of life perk to completely eliminate those situations.
    • I might put Lightborn in the 1 star tier, it's kind of a bad perk. Yeah, you're immune to flashlights, but so what? If the survivors are trying for flashlight saves it's usually a waste of their time anyway and all Lightborn does is encourage them to stay on gens instead. The only thing I like about Lightborn is it is fun to do the "gotcha" moment of kicking a pallet, they try and blind you, and you get a free hit out of it, but aside from that gimmick and maybe a similar gimmick in a backpack build I just can't see myself using this perk.
    • Personally I'd put Coulrophobia in the 3 star bracket maybe, since it got buffed it's actually a decent anti-healing perk. In fact I've seen more killers doing things like Coulrophobia plus Sloppy Butcher to really punish the healing meta. (And impossible skill check Coulrophobia is a fun gimmick build. ๐Ÿ™‚)
    • In the current Prove Thyself meta Discordance is a solid perk, I'd put it at 4 stars. If Prove Thyself weren't so popular though I'd keep it at 3.
    • I'm undecided if Shattered Hope is 2 or 3 star in the current meta. If Circle of Healing weren't the third or fourth most used survivor perk I definitely wouldn't put it in the 3 star category. But Circle of Healing is quite popular and permanently denying totem spots for it plus a bit of aura reading might not be so bad, so maybe it's a 3 star right now given that? (I've been tinkering with swapping that one in recently since Circle of Healing is on the rise currently.)

    How dare you talk smack about my lord and saviour lightborn, it's the greatest perk in the game, 5 stars, lol