REWORK SADAKO!!!

Sadako is indeed one of the weakest killer in the game, but she has the same problem as the Pig had before nerf. She is able to body block the last TV and force you to get condemned, like Pig could do with the jigsaw boxes. This cheap strategy is used with the purple addon, Editing Tape, that makes all four survivors start with one tape at the beginning of the match, and the Yoiche's fishing mat, that builds condemn faster.

So, if Pig was nerfed because she was able to body block the jigsaw boxes, sadako should be nerfed in the same way because once you are fully condemned, your location is revealed and the killer can just tunnel you out of the game easily. (No hooks are necessary for this strategy).

Comments

  • @ArthurVeloso said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3221430#Comment_3221430

    Firstly, it is because they removed the mandatory action to search the last box to avoid the box camping.

    Second, she needs to have this feature addressed before any buff.

    Or how about we buff her and fix this feature?

    Yes, Pig is a good example of why this is needed, otherwise you reduce a bottom tier killer to near unplayable status.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3221434#Comment_3221434

    Or how about we buff her and fix this feature?

    Yes, Pig is a good example of why this is needed, otherwise you reduce a bottom tier killer to near unplayable status.

    Yes, I am 100% down to buff her and fixing this feature. Sadako, after fixing this, could have the two brown add-ons as basekit. So, it would be easier to mind game.

  • Due to the fact that I agree that Sadako needs buff in correlation with a nerf to the body block issue, I am changing the name of this discussion.

  • @Xernoton said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3220529#Comment_3220529

    You literally forgot to mention that even Otz himself says that this isn't ideal and it might not work. Maybe watch his streams where he explains exactly what can go wrong with this strategy. What do you expect Sadako players to do instead? Magically turn into Nurse and start teleporting while in chase? She already is horribly weak and she has nothing to make you go down in 1 hit so you DO have enough time to insert the tape anyway. STBFL is not a perk that works from the get go. You have to do something for it first. If you have a problem with the only viable strategy on a killer that has nothing else going for them and that is not even a guaranteed kill even in the best case scenario you need to learn how to play survivor and how to play against it. Ima give you the same advice I get from people that stack the best perks, items and map offerings and beat me with a meme build before proceeding to teabag in the exit gates like their families's lives depend on it.

    Git gud.

    Ironic given how so many killers sweat for "4ks" so much

    Like a hook kill isn't even impressive. If you wanna try something impressive do a wesker throw kill or condemn kill

  • @not_requested49 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3220839#Comment_3220839

    Ironic given how so many killers sweat for "4ks" so much

    Like a hook kill isn't even impressive. If you wanna try something impressive do a wesker throw kill or condemn kill

    I agree that condemn kills are difficult to get unless the player use the drawing ring and slug. The devs should make her brown add-ons base kit to make easier to mind game and get downs to hook survivors. However, the fact that she can still body block some TV's by just standing there is the things that most upset me.

  • I just started playing Sadako and I think shes good lol. I don't actively try for the whole condemned mori thing but the TVs are really good for mobility. I'm really enjoying her ๐Ÿ˜… Plenty of 3/4Ks. I use the wet rag add-on thing and the water bucket (I can't remember exactly what they're both called lol)

  • @ArthurVeloso said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222353#Comment_3222353

    I agree that condemn kills are difficult to get unless the player use the drawing ring and slug. The devs should make her brown add-ons base kit to make easier to mind game and get downs to hook survivors. However, the fact that she can still body block some TV's by just standing there is the things that most upset me.

    That's a completely ineffective strategy tho and just guesswork, you also don't gain condemned while downed or chased so worst case scenario you get downed while trying to put the tape in

  • @not_requested49 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222361#Comment_3222361

    That's a completely ineffective strategy tho and just guesswork, you also don't gain condemned while downed or chased so worst case scenario you get downed while trying to put the tape in

    Firstly, as I previouly stated in the previous posts in this discussion, that strategy, regardless if it is less common, is unfair because Sadako can exploit the possibility to build condemn while not in chase, when the chosen target holds the tape. Aura reading add-on will ensure that she will know the location of the most prossible TV, and she can teleport afterwards and just camp there while the survivor get condemned. If the survivor is alread injured, by the hit and run tech at early game, she will just need to down the survivor and quickly kill him. Moreover, the fact that Save the Best For Less can be used to further deny the TV tape animation is another factor that contributes for this gameplay.

    My whle point here is, in summary, (because I am tired to explain it over and over again), that Sadako should not be allowed to body block the TV by just standing there if she knows that this TV is the right one. She should after 5 seconds of standing still 0.5 meter from a TV, immediatly demanifest, so the survivors could avoid full condemnation. Survivors do not have a choice once Sadako stand still there, they cannot put the tape in another TV. The only choice is to heal, hide (useless bc the killer's instinct will reveal your location), and avoid get down for a insta kill.

    I know and I totally agree with the possibiliy to add her a buff to make her power threatning, but only after fixing this punctual issue.

  • @not_requested49 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3220839#Comment_3220839

    Ironic given how so many killers sweat for "4ks" so much

    Like a hook kill isn't even impressive. If you wanna try something impressive do a wesker throw kill or condemn kill

    I'm not sure many people go into a game thinking of killing a survivor as impressive. Winning a hard game by keeping a level head and making the right decisions and plays is impressive. But simply killing one survivor is not really something I would consider impressive. I think the reason killers want the 4k instead of a 3k is because they feel like they had to work for it and now earned their 4 kills. It's a bit like survivors not focusing on getting 1 person out alive but as many as possible. If you simply meant killers trying to win however I can't really follow you. Why would that be a bad thing? Both sides should try to win. It doesn't mean you have to go out of your way and stack everything in your favor but winning is the goal of the game. Also what exactly is a Wesker throw kill? He can't kill survivors by throwing them and he can't down a second survivor by hitting them with another so I genuinely don't know what you mean.

  • @Xernoton said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222353#Comment_3222353

    I'm not sure many people go into a game thinking of killing a survivor as impressive. Winning a hard game by keeping a level head and making the right decisions and plays is impressive. But simply killing one survivor is not really something I would consider impressive. I think the reason killers want the 4k instead of a 3k is because they feel like they had to work for it and now earned their 4 kills. It's a bit like survivors not focusing on getting 1 person out alive but as many as possible. If you simply meant killers trying to win however I can't really follow you. Why would that be a bad thing? Both sides should try to win. It doesn't mean you have to go out of your way and stack everything in your favor but winning is the goal of the game. Also what exactly is a Wesker throw kill? He can't kill survivors by throwing them and he can't down a second survivor by hitting them with another so I genuinely don't know what you mean.

    I agree that killing one survivor is not considered a win due to skill. I mean, the whole point in a match as a killer in the DBD is to get 4k, right? Of course, condemn kills are difficult, and we can't exclude the merit to get one, but we must use two weighs and two measures to calculate what is considered skill in these two different scenarios.

  • @ArthurVeloso said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3220372#Comment_3220372

    What do you mean? After the previous update killers were buffed, STFL is incredibly stronger than ever, they break pallets, gens, faster, and you still complain that this strategy is the only viable/fun way to play her? ๐Ÿค”

    Those buffs make her viable how?

  • @ArthurVeloso said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222475#Comment_3222475

    I agree that killing one survivor is not considered a win due to skill. I mean, the whole point in a match as a killer in the DBD is to get 4k, right? Of course, condemn kills are difficult, and we can't exclude the merit to get one, but we must use two weighs and two measures to calculate what is considered skill in these two different scenarios.

    I agree 100%. A killer will always try to get as many kills as possible except maybe when they give someone hatch. But even then most killers prefer to get into a position where they would be able to kill all 4 survivors on command.

  • @TheSubstitute said:

    Unless you have STBFL, you have enough time to insert the tape between hits. I've seen it done. If you're healthy but Condemned and Sadako is on you it's probably your best chance to not get moried

    pimh: Sadako in the middle of a survivor circle, while they are playing "catch the tape".

  • I wouldn't say she needs a whole rework, takes too much time and effort when she could do with simple number tweak buffs. just make her manifest more effective and make condemn something survivors actually have to manage the same way survivors manage pig traps and uroboros infection.

    maybe even go so far as remove the lullaby alerting survivors its louder than trickster's lullaby, a more effective manifest would make her stand out from being a discount dredge.

  • @rysm said:

    I just started playing Sadako and I think shes good lol. I don't actively try for the whole condemned mori thing but the TVs are really good for mobility. I'm really enjoying her ๐Ÿ˜… Plenty of 3/4Ks. I use the wet rag add-on thing and the water bucket (I can't remember exactly what they're both called lol)

    Could literally say the same about Freddy because of M1 ability and mediocre teleport

    However I find the condemn playstyle is the most fun way to play her, since the survivors sre not just dying the same way as literally every other killer

  • @Xernoton said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222353#Comment_3222353

    I'm not sure many people go into a game thinking of killing a survivor as impressive. Winning a hard game by keeping a level head and making the right decisions and plays is impressive. But simply killing one survivor is not really something I would consider impressive. I think the reason killers want the 4k instead of a 3k is because they feel like they had to work for it and now earned their 4 kills. It's a bit like survivors not focusing on getting 1 person out alive but as many as possible. If you simply meant killers trying to win however I can't really follow you. Why would that be a bad thing? Both sides should try to win. It doesn't mean you have to go out of your way and stack everything in your favor but winning is the goal of the game. Also what exactly is a Wesker throw kill? He can't kill survivors by throwing them and he can't down a second survivor by hitting them with another so I genuinely don't know what you mean.

    A throw kill is when a survivor immediately dies after getting thrown in a wall or another survivor. It's kind of like the same as a bear trap kill or hatchet kill where they die immediately from being downed

    It's a pretty rare occurrence as not many killers go for those types of kills so I understand your confusion

  • @ArthurVeloso said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222475#Comment_3222475

    I agree that killing one survivor is not considered a win due to skill. I mean, the whole point in a match as a killer in the DBD is to get 4k, right? Of course, condemn kills are difficult, and we can't exclude the merit to get one, but we must use two weighs and two measures to calculate what is considered skill in these two different scenarios.

    "Winning" is pretty subjective, it all depends on what the survivor (or killer) is trying to do

    Like for instance say I need or want to get a kill with rancor because of a challenge or just because I want to, my objective is not to kill anyone else since I really can't except by hook (which I prefer not to) so if I get the obsession to the gate and everyone is around to watch the mori, thats 100% a win in my book

    Whereas as a survivor I may have a totem cleansing challenge so cleansing as many totems as possible is a win for me, especially if the killer hooks me right after so I can move on to the next match

    As a killer I don't go for hook kills as that's pretty bland, unless I have some kind of challenge or the survivors are being really annoying (which does nor happen often), I instead opt for unconventional kills in which survivors have not been killed before like killing with a bear trap, hatchet, blade, condemn, etc

    I just sometimes wish some killers did the same as it does get bland when I play survivor just dying via hook all the time, although I can't really blame them as they got to earn those pips and may not have pyramid head to do this (and some pyramid heads don't really try too bad to get cage kills either, even tho it gives you double points for devout, but I can't expect them to know this)

  • @not_requested49 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3222475#Comment_3222475

    A throw kill is when a survivor immediately dies after getting thrown in a wall or another survivor. It's kind of like the same as a bear trap kill or hatchet kill where they die immediately from being downed

    It's a pretty rare occurrence as not many killers go for those types of kills so I understand your confusion

    Ahh so you mean like when you slugged them for 3:59 seconds and they die as soon as they hit the ground. Thanks. I was a bit confused because I've never seen anyone do that before.

  • @Xernoton said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3223055#Comment_3223055

    Ahh so you mean like when you slugged them for 3:59 seconds and they die as soon as they hit the ground. Thanks. I was a bit confused because I've never seen anyone do that before.

    Seems scummy sure but tbh I find it's a better death than the usual hook kill, especially since I'm the one usually saving them cuz their teammates didnt

1 2 โ€บ