Survivor PSA: Lockers hide your aura FROM EVERYONE

I run Bond and have been playing the last few days in an SWF with 1 person using Jeff and Aftercare. At one point I was on a hook and he jumped into a locker near me to avoid the killer. HIS AURA WAS HIDDEN FROM ME.

So the new locker mechanic that hides your aura doesn't just hide it from the killer but from other survivors as well. Including permanent auras you see when hooked or downed.

This means that you can now hide from those sandbaggers that want to rat you out to the killer. It also means that you should be aware of this mechanic if you intend to actually work together with other survivors.

Comments

  • bug or intended? we will find out.

  • @TheLegendDyl4n1 said:
    bug or intended? we will find out.

    Pretty sure it's intended. Honestly I'm glad there is a way to avoid sandbaggers now.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    @TheLegendDyl4n1 said:
    bug or intended? we will find out.

    Pretty sure it's intended. Honestly I'm glad there is a way to avoid sandbaggers now.

    if it is then thats nice but at the same time if someone hides the whole game and doesnt do anything and you die because they want to hide and not do any gens then they escape its not going to be fun

  • @TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

    @thesuicidefox said:

    @TheLegendDyl4n1 said:
    bug or intended? we will find out.

    Pretty sure it's intended. Honestly I'm glad there is a way to avoid sandbaggers now.

    if it is then thats nice but at the same time if someone hides the whole game and doesnt do anything and you die because they want to hide and not do any gens then they escape its not going to be fun

    I mean, you could do that before anyway. I don't think the new locker mechanic will change that.

  • Its nice to know its not one sided
  • Kind of sad, I've seen plenty of times that someone just goes to a locker, hides there nearly the entire game, and usually only moves just enough so crows don't sit on them before jumping into another locker. Oh well, I guess I won't really know that we are basically down a player so I won't get as annoyed by it maybe.

  • @BloodyNights said:
    Kind of sad, I've seen plenty of times that someone just goes to a locker, hides there nearly the entire game, and usually only moves just enough so crows don't sit on them before jumping into another locker. Oh well, I guess I won't really know that we are basically down a player so I won't get as annoyed by it maybe.

    That is the worst shiz, ever. I've seen players do that down in the basement through bond. I try to rat out those players to the killers. As long as the weasel dies I have no problem being hooked.

  • Yeah it's a shame. I use Bond and I can see who has been doing nothing all game.
  • bond nerfed ? urghhh :pirate:

  • INTENDED!!! the devs last stream mentioned that all aura reading is blocked in lockers.
  • Not sure if I like this too much. I run bond instead of self care and now I'm not always finding people 'cause they're jumping in lockers for whatever reason. Additionally can't tell if someone's afking in a locker anymore. Probably going to see more of that as people are likely not to notice and they'll feel they can get away with it. :/ It does help to hide from people who go out of their way to sandbag and stuff, though.