Why is bt active in endgame? If you bring in Unbreakable base will it be active in endgame?

I just had a tense game against a swf who played really well. No toxicity. I got a bunch of hooks didnt camp or tunnel. Fun game as bubba on rpd. I got everyone to death hook except one who eluded me all match. I killed one. Then fought to keep the gens and lost. I found the one that was fresh hook as he was opening the door. He dead harded to open it but I caught him. So I bring him to the hook on the outside. With the door open the match is basically over. I was content with a tie. No one was going to get the unhook, but of course he 4%ed. So i rev up and hit him on the way out. Even with perfectly charged chainsaw sweeping I was unable to hit him twice, and what was a well fought tie turned into a loss. This is bs theres nothing I could have done to prevent that from happening.

Why are perks like DS and off the record turned off in endgame but not bt? Does the same login not apply to Base BT? It should be off in endgame. Then theres base kit unbreakable. I'm not going to go into why thats dumb but assuming it comes in it robs the killer with any kind of meaning counter to efficient teams. If I get one out then they are able to complete the gens often I find myself forced to slug to gain any kind of momentum. Those kinds of plays to create pressure is completely gone. No ones coming for the pick up because they can do that themselves consequence free. When bringing in base kit stuff please read more into it and test it more.

Edit: This is not "im entitled to a kill because of a down" its the base game mechanics shouldnt be taking away my ability to fight for that kill.

Comments

  • so why are we not hitting the survivor thats unhooking? you do know thats also an option.

  • Basekit BT is 10s. That's avoidable unless you hooked someone right next to an open gate, in which case you made a tactical error or you got backed into a corner, and the correct play is to menace the hell out of the unhooker.

    DS and OTR have 60/80s time limits respectively, which means waiting them out in endgame is functionally impossible and the survivor can do a lap around the map without ever being vulnerable.

    Can't speak for base Unbreakable, as that was a terrible decision anyway and I'm skeptical the devs have actually thought it through very well.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3216963#Comment_3216963

    Also killer first needed to catch you too

    And the killer was rewarded for catching the survivor with a hook state, thus progressing their objective of twelve.

    And again, if you failed to catch someone for 5 generators and enough time for the exit gate to open, why shouldn't they have the option that's been in the game for 6 and a half years and is ingrained into every killer player's head as a possibility so something that you should plan around. Killer gameplay is as focused on macromanagement and focusing on the whole game as it is micromanagement and focusing on exactly what is happening with each individual survivor.

    A minor point - Killers don't have an objective of 12 hook states, they have an objective of 4 kills. 12 hook states is one strategy to accomplish that but not the only one.

1 2 ›