Make Daily Ritual log 2 killer and 2 survivor rituals instead of just 3 of a random type
With the upcoming improvement to the Archives where you can have both a survivor challenge and a killer challenge queued up simultaneously, that brings to mind a similar request for the Daily Ritual logs. Namely I think it would be a good idea to, instead of showing 3 rituals of random types like it currently does, always show 2 killer rituals and 2 survivor rituals.
The reason I'm suggesting this is I think it would work better in combination with the matchmaking incentives. Right now, say I have a matchmaking incentive of 100% to play survivor, meaning the game needs more players for that side. If my 3 daily rituals all happen to be for killer characters, though, it's presenting a conflicting interest - on the one hand I can't work on a daily ritual if I play survivor to get the matchmaking incentive, but on the other hand if I work on a daily ritual for killer then I'm playing the opposite side that the matchmaking algorithm says it needs more players for.
If the Daily Ritual log had 2 killer and 2 survivor rituals each day, though, then regardless of which side the matchmaking system would like me to play I can do it and still also be guaranteed to have a daily ritual that I can work on simultaneously. It takes away the conflict and lets me follow the matchmaking incentive request without worrying about losing out on my rituals that day.
Comments
This would only be effective (from incentive-wise viewpoint) if only incentivized-side's dailies would be enabled. Otherwise this barely solves anything.
I also think that the underlying reason why daily exists is for people to play at least 1-2 maybe 3 games each day on average (no matter which side - it's just so that you at least play).
So there is possibility to mix these things together - allow dailies for that side, that needs more players. But it contradicts a little with the second goal - to make people play the game on whatever side (to at least be in a game even if you play just 1 side).
Don't take me wrong. From player's point of view, I would be happy for 4 slots instead of 3 + guaranteed 2 slots for the side that I play more. But I presume that will not work for BHVR. Hopefully I am wrong :)
The 2 and 2 system still incentivizes playing 1-2 games a day on average. The difference is if you also have a matchmaking incentive now those games would be on that side without losing the ability to do the ritual.
All I can say is, that I would be happy with the change
I think it would be amazing if the daily rituals had a flip-side, one survivor and one killer. It would definitely encourage me to play more.
Currently, I log in in the morning before work where there's no point to queue for killer since the queue times are crazy long at that time (understandably). So if I don't get a survivor ritual I just don't play, especially in between rifts.
By implementing a flip-side so the overall number of available rituals stays the same, it wouldn't impact the "BP economy" that Bhvr references sometimes but would encourage to play more games.