Nurse's lethal blink should be a special attack.

Especially if the current finishing mori system goes through. Just imagine... a good Nurse, with a range addon, a blink recharge addon, starstruck, infectious fright or floods of rage with agitation. This match is gonna end in less than 2 minutes. Nurses do be running this build.

Why is Nurse's lethal blink a basic attack? Blight is strong, but at least his lethal rush is considered a special attack, as it should. Lethal blink being a basic attack lets Nurse profit from so many things... Starstruck, Jolt, NOED. I would understand if she were a low tier killer that struggles in performance and you wanted her to have something to slightly compensate for that.

However she is the strongest killer, and has it way too easy. I think that her blink attacks should be special attacks. Basic attack should only be when she's following a survivor around by walking and then hits them.

But also, it's kind of sad seeing that you've still let her be as she is for this long. You've done all of these changes to balance out the game, but refuse to touch this overpowered killer. I'm struggling to understand why. How hard is it for you to see that she in her curent state is very unhealthy for the game? You had no problem nerfing Hillbilly, who was never near the level of current Nurse, but all you've done with her in the recent year or so was buffing her (the 3 blinks addon buff, and also removing fatigue from a pallet stun).

Comments

  • I agree but I should note that I have yet to see a match on the PTB that the killer won because of the Last Standing Mori that they would not have won in the current system. It is extremely rare for survivors to win when none of them are standing so all this mori system is doing is clipping off the cleanup part of the endgame where the killer goes around hooking the downed survivors and maybe chasing a final straggler.

    So yes, Nurse probably should have her Blink be a special attack and not a basic one but that’s true in the current game and not because of the Last Standing Mori. If Nurse wins by that Last Standing kill she would have won anyway.

  • if literally any killer gets 3-4 downs in 45s or 22.5s of the first, they’re either cheating or multiple survivors majorly massively misplayed

  • Blight and Nurse are not comparable in regards to basic/special attacks. Blight M2 is a special attack because he attacks with his power. Nurse power is exclusively movement. Consistency-wise, it would be like asking why Spirit or Wraith's post-power attacks aren't M2.

    Furthermore, Blight is 115%, meaning he can get hits without using his power at all. Nurse is 96.25%. It is literally impossible for her to get a hit without using her power unless survivors misplay insanely hard. Blight also doesn't have to charge to use Rushes and has 5 chances to reposition. He is also designed to be able to flick around to a huge degree, and the base momentum from his power swing gives it an extremely long range. Nurse comes to a dead stop before swinging at standstill attack/lunge range.

  • I actually asked McLean this. Despite leaving BHVR, he had a hand at creating Nurse and he gave me permission to quote/clip him.

    https://clips.twitch.tv/BreakableCharmingSmoothieMVGame-JcPXoLCSXDvC8Xtu


  • Her first blink has to count as a basic attack because without blinking she can't hit anyone. Her second (or third with addons) blink could count as special attack.

  • I think I saw an opinion somewhere that the developers apparently said that if the blink attack was made into a special attack, it would be undesirable because the nurse's walking speed would be slower than the survivor's, effectively making it a killer that would not generate a normal attack, but I forget.

    But still, her blink attack should be a special attack. That alone will prevent the exposed status from being applied and will curb her power slightly more than it does now.

    The combo of Starstruck and Awakened Awareness and the combo of Hex: Retribution and Hex: Haunted Ground are honestly too overpowered.

  • @fake said:

    I think I saw an opinion somewhere that the developers apparently said that if the blink attack was made into a special attack, it would be undesirable because the nurse's walking speed would be slower than the survivor's, effectively making it a killer that would not generate a normal attack, but I forget.

    But still, her blink attack should be a special attack. That alone will prevent the exposed status from being applied and will curb her power slightly more than it does now.

    The combo of Starstruck and Awakened Awareness and the combo of Hex: Retribution and Hex: Haunted Ground are honestly too overpowered.

    Proof?

  • I am sorry, but I do not have proof. That is why I wrote that I forgot.

    I wish someone had proof of this, but it is possible that I am misremembering.

  • I think Nurse should become an exception and have her basic attack be basically unachievable under normal circumstances. She doesn't need perks that activate with basic attacks.

  • @fake said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3212408#Comment_3212408

    I am sorry, but I do not have proof. That is why I wrote that I forgot.

    I wish someone had proof of this, but it is possible that I am misremembering.

    I meant the part where you said Exposed synergy is overpowered.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3212410#Comment_3212410

    I meant the part where you said Exposed synergy is overpowered.

    Um, exposure status applies to normal attacks, but not to special attacks, right?

    By making the nurse's blink attack a special attack, we can almost eliminate the possibility of the nurse getting exposure status and still going down with a single blow.

    I am writing this in auto-translation, so I apologize if my thoughts are not clear.

  • frankly nurse is powerful enough that i think nurse players would find a way to cope with no basic attack. shes the strongest killer and the only even coming close to competing is blight with his strongest addons and even that is only on some maps. the nurse doesnt need to be able to use basic attack perks.

  • @fake said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3212414#Comment_3212414

    Um, exposure status applies to normal attacks, but not to special attacks, right?

    By making the nurse's blink attack a special attack, we can almost eliminate the possibility of the nurse getting exposure status and still going down with a single blow.

    I am writing this in auto-translation, so I apologize if my thoughts are not clear.

    What I’m asking for is proof that Nurse being able to use Exposed is overpowered.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3212415#Comment_3212415

    What I’m asking for is proof that Nurse being able to use Exposed is overpowered.

    I'm quoting from a Twitter account in the timeline I'm looking at. This account is not me.

    https://twitter.com/nsbbnn/status/1548494208952320000?t=Abb40dhcv-GAT2fI6eo1iQ&s=09


  • I mean this sentence: "The combo of Starstruck and Awakened Awareness and the combo of Hex: Retribution and Hex: Haunted Ground are honestly too overpowered." Or is that not your opinion?

  • The nurse needs to be able to use all skills like other killers, so the idea that her teleport is a special attack cannot be accepted.

     On the other hand, the only most viable idea concerning Madame is this one (And no other is viable apart from this one):


     - Base speed: 4.6 (Speed ​​without using power)

     - Teleportation token: 1 (1 instead of 2)

     - Fatigue duration: 1 second or 1.5 seconds (up to you)

     - Removed addons that add teleport tokens

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3212415#Comment_3212415

    What I’m asking for is proof that Nurse being able to use Exposed is overpowered.

    Japanese Fog Whisperer is the other build.

    https://youtu.be/GQgFHJh4kK0


  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3212428#Comment_3212428

    I mean this sentence: "The combo of Starstruck and Awakened Awareness and the combo of Hex: Retribution and Hex: Haunted Ground are honestly too overpowered." Or is that not your opinion?

    Um, don't you think it is overpowered to apply exposure status to nurses? I think she is a killer who can fight just fine without exposure status.

  • @Lastchild said:

    The nurse needs to be able to use all skills like other killers, so the idea that her teleport is a special attack cannot be accepted.

     On the other hand, the only most viable idea concerning Madame is this one (And no other is viable apart from this one):

     - Base speed: 4.6 (Speed ​​without using power)

     - Teleportation token: 1 (1 instead of 2)

     - Fatigue duration: 1 second or 1.5 seconds (up to you)

     - Removed addons that add teleport tokens

    That would literally be more oppressive than now. She just walks at you and then blinks across a window or pallet, because she walks faster than you.

  • Nurse needs a lot more than that. I reckon even a perkless nurse could wreck the average solo team at 4 gens or so

  • Content creators upload content of wins or interesting games because that is what get views. Also, even in general, very good players will slaughter average players. There are not enough very good players on in a needed 4:1 ratio to give said very good players consistently even skill matches, so they get matched with average players for the sake of queue times. This is why there’s winstreaks on every single killer in the game and solo/SWF escape streaks basically everywhere.

    @fake said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3212430#Comment_3212430

    Um, don't you think it is overpowered to apply exposure status to nurses? I think she is a killer who can fight just fine without exposure status.

    I don’t think it is overpowered, so I am interested in proof that it is.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3212433#Comment_3212433

    That would literally be more oppressive than now. She just walks at you and then blinks across a window or pallet, because she walks faster than you.

    In this case we keep the duration of fatigue at 2 seconds.

  • @AverageAshEnjoyer said:

    Nurse needs a lot more than that. I reckon even a perkless nurse could wreck the average solo team at 4 gens or so

    Read my suggestion.

  • It's a fun idea. It definitely puts her more in line with the other killers

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3212436#Comment_3212436

    Content creators upload content of wins or interesting games because that is what get views. Also, even in general, very good players will slaughter average players. There are not enough very good players on in a needed 4:1 ratio to give said very good players consistently even skill matches, so they get matched with average players for the sake of queue times. This is why there’s winstreaks on every single killer in the game and solo/SWF escape streaks basically everywhere.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3212437#Comment_3212437

    I don’t think it is overpowered, so I am interested in proof that it is.

    Wait a minute, I really don't understand. Am I not allowed to give my subjective opinion?


    I do not believe that nurses should be granted exposure status. Because they can fight well enough without exposure status. If they had exposure status, it would be literally impossible for survivors to gain time. Therefore, I believe it is overpowered. To prevent this, blink attacks should be treated as special attacks and the effect of exposure status should be controlled.

    This is my opinion.

  • @fake said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3212447#Comment_3212447

    Wait a minute, I really don't understand. Am I not allowed to give my subjective opinion?

    I do not believe that nurses should be granted exposure status. Because they can fight well enough without exposure status. If they had exposure status, it would be literally impossible for survivors to gain time. Therefore, I believe it is overpowered. To prevent this, blink attacks should be treated as special attacks and the effect of exposure status should be controlled.

    This is my opinion.

    I’m just saying I disagree. Even with Nurse using Exposed perks, survivors can do fine. Your opinion is valid. I was just interested if you had statistical proof or something conclusive of that sort.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3212455#Comment_3212455

    I’m just saying I disagree. Even with Nurse using Exposed perks, survivors can do fine. Your opinion is valid. I was just interested if you had statistical proof or something conclusive of that sort.

    Oh, I'm sorry. I have no statistical or conclusive evidence. I agree with this discussion... That's all.

    Thank you for saying my opinion is valid. What you said about disagreeing is equally valid.

    I am sorry if my poor understanding of the English language has caused you to feel uncomfortable with my lack of understanding of your intentions.

  • @fake said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3212461#Comment_3212461

    Oh, I'm sorry. I have no statistical or conclusive evidence. I agree with this discussion... That's all.

    Thank you for saying my opinion is valid. What you said about disagreeing is equally valid.

    I am sorry if my poor understanding of the English language has caused you to feel uncomfortable with my lack of understanding of your intentions.

    No worries, you’re fine!

  • @fake said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3212447#Comment_3212447

    Wait a minute, I really don't understand. Am I not allowed to give my subjective opinion?

    I do not believe that nurses should be granted exposure status. Because they can fight well enough without exposure status. If they had exposure status, it would be literally impossible for survivors to gain time. Therefore, I believe it is overpowered. To prevent this, blink attacks should be treated as special attacks and the effect of exposure status should be controlled.

    This is my opinion.

    No.


    Here is the solution:


    Base Speed: 4.6 (excluding power)

    Teleport Token: 1

    Removed token increase addons

    Fatigue duration: 2 seconds.

  • @Lastchild said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3212455#Comment_3212455

    No.

    Here is the solution:

    Base Speed: 4.6 (excluding power)

    Teleport Token: 1

    Removed token increase addons

    Fatigue duration: 2 seconds.

    That still does not change what I said. She walks at you, and then blinks. Blinks are balanced around being significantly slower than the survivor (which is why Matchbox at 4.2 is garbage but would be busted at 4.4 or 4.6). Her current basekit is fine.

  • @Lastchild said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3212455#Comment_3212455

    No.

    Here is the solution:

    Base Speed: 4.6 (excluding power)

    Teleport Token: 1

    Removed token increase addons

    Fatigue duration: 2 seconds.

    It's an interesting idea, and it would be nice if the developers could actually test play it or even tentatively test it with the PTB, whether they implement it or not.

    BTW, since the discussion title seems to be on the topic of whether blink attacks should be special attacks, the reworking of the nurse itself seems like a slightly different topic.

    But I am interested in the nurse being 4.6 m/s. If she could walk at that speed. What about in terms of limiting the number of blinks to one, but still using the same pallets and windows to gain time?

  • Nurse is fine if you are good

  • Just return stun and the fatigue (so that pallet stun does at least same amount as missed m1) and add additional 2s/charge (slower recharge speed). That should slow her down allowing some distance - killer will at least have some counterplay.

  • Nurse would still be very strong if her blink attacks were counted as a special attack and not a regular attack.

    That's how OP she is compared to almost all the other killers.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    Blight and Nurse are not comparable in regards to basic/special attacks. Blight M2 is a special attack because he attacks with his power. Nurse power is exclusively movement. Consistency-wise, it would be like asking why Spirit or Wraith's post-power attacks aren't M2.

    Furthermore, Blight is 115%, meaning he can get hits without using his power at all. Nurse is 96.25%. It is literally impossible for her to get a hit without using her power unless survivors misplay insanely hard. Blight also doesn't have to charge to use Rushes and has 5 chances to reposition. He is also designed to be able to flick around to a huge degree, and the base momentum from his power swing gives it an extremely long range. Nurse comes to a dead stop before swinging at standstill attack/lunge range.

    Many times I got hit by a Nurse just walking after me. I always wonder how on Earth she manages to catch up to me just by walking. It might have been bloodlust, I dunno. But yes, it's happened so many times to me. She just walks and is faster than me. So you saying that it's impossible for her to get a hit without blinking is definitely not true. Maybe it's a bug, maybe it's bloodlust, but she's done it to me so many times.

  • @Viktor1853 said:

    Nurse is fine if you are good

    I've seen amazing, cracked survivor main streamers get demolished by good Nurses, so what you're saying is definitely not true. I'm not basing what I wrote just off of my experiences. Strong survivor mains struggle against her as well.