New Red Forest
I had some ideas in how I would visually rework the last two realms left (Swamp and Red Forest) and I already fosted it in feedback here.
@LapisInfernalis said:
Dear People of the Fog,
if I'm not mistaken, the only 2 realms left for a rework are Red Forest and Swamp.
For swamp, I think a bit of this painting from Anton Mauve:
https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/UEJP9CJDIMHD/mauve015.jpg
Just maybe a bit darker and with a bit more fog and some trees, but with the same color scheme. I really like the small pools of water here and I would love it, to have this in game.
For the Red Forest, my idea is maybe a bit controversial. You see, the name "Red Forest" has its origin in the disaster of Tchernobyl, when the neighbouring forest was hit by the fallout and the pine trees died, causing the red color. Now the Huntress was taken during the 1st World War, about 60 years prior, when the "Red Forest" did not exist with this name. [ Plague's Temple is also put here by the Entity for some unknown reason (RL reason: new map, but existing realm).] One part of horror still missing in DBD imo is stuff that you can't see and radiation belongs definitely in this category.
For this rework I thought of emphazising the meaning behind Red Forest more. In my inner eye I see half of the map with a thick but living forest, the other half with dying (pine) trees. Maybe also add some "weird" looking stuff (a certain 3 eyed horse would fit well). You could also interprete this as the Entity mocking the Huntress. Like: "Look what you home has become. That beautiful forest has become a place of death."
Maybe a bit like this screenshot from Fallout 4 but more in the red/brown color scheme:
https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/HTRXRNKNPLV7/20200515221307-1.jpg
But I can really understand if you don't want to go this direction for the Red Forest in respect to those who suffered and still suffer because of the disaster all those years ago or because of the curent political situation in eastern Europe. Or maybe you will do it for that exact reason. For an Eternal Memory of these people.
Edit: Here is that F4 screenshot whith the color scheme I meant. It doesn't look as good as I want, but that's the closest I could do.
https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/TIF07XO7LQI3/redforest.jpg
I just took the time to get closer to my imagination for a new Red Forest and would like to know what you think about it.
The general idea (as described in the post above), was to bring the map visually closer to the origin of it's name. I did this by keeping half of the map similar to what it is now colorwise (just a bit more green than blue) and then having the other half of the map showing the dead red pine trees with some eerie glowing green mushrooms (yes, I couldn't resist) and fog in that area. The transition would not be abrupt, but like a gradient.
Thank you for your feedback.

Comments
You may know or not but many maps used to have that green tint back in 2016-18 until it was removed. The azorvs and mothers dwelling were green tinted, McMillan was blue tinted and corn maps were a dark yellow tint. I personally like your design and believe that there needs to be brought back tints and these type of aesthetics into the game. I've shared this photo a few times but this is when coldwin graphics where at its best
Actully spooky and not bright. Completly opposite of today's coldwin and so much better. As you can see there is a blur to the background and this added so much atmosphere. It's hard to tell in the photo. But with the photo you currently have it would be cool to see what this blur in the distance would look like on that photo. (I assume you are using a editor that can add blur to the image)
Neat, though I'd prefer if in the lore the U.S military raided the entities realm and just nuked this map along with Badham, the Game, Cowshed, and a whole bunch of other maps.
Get bullied 1 to many times on these maps lmao?
I started to play dbd almost exactly 4 years ago, and I remember old the old coloration. Yamaoka was also more green brown if I remember correctly.
I can try to make a version with blur. But I can't guarantee that it looks good. My talents are not with Foto manipulation but with drawing in general.
These maps should get adjustments to mumber of pallets and tile distribution.