Clarification about hostage taking / bodyblocking in a corner
Hello,
A couple of months ago, I got bodyblocked in a corner by a streamer killer for 6 minutes while he went to watch my friend's (sole remaining survivor) stream. He acknowledged in endgame chat that he did it specifically to make me DC (which I did not), and only let up when my streamer friend told him that yes, I was in her swf.
For this whole time, I could not participate in the game in any way, considering I was trapped.
Several times on these forums, the devs have spoken out that keeping one person trapped through bodyblocking is a reportable offense, because it prevents the player from participating in the game, and that it is so regardless of if other survivors are still alive and kicking.
Here is a screenshot of Mandy adressing that subject on a post about a similar issue.
However, when I went to DbD Support to ticket this issue, with video proof from the killer's stream, I got this as an answer :
(cut the name because I was not sure if I was allowed to show it)
The date is far back because I didn't know you could have an update on your ticket before today.
So... How does it work ? Is trapping someone in a corner reportable as a griefing, or not reportable because bodyblocking is not a punishable offense ?
I am very confused and a bit disheartened that this guy can still trap people on stream for ####### and giggles and not get a slap on the wrist for it.
I would appreciate a clarification on the subject from a mod / dev if possible.
Thank you in advance :)
(I'd link the video proof for complete transparency but the name of the player appears and I don't have time to edit it out to avoid naming & shaming)


Comments
Should send them the screenshot from Mandy and here's one from Peanits saying it is considered reportable/bannable. Could be someone new that wasn't told about the different circumstances of body blocking.
Yeah, it does sound like maybe the customer service person didn’t read the after game chat where the other person admitted he was trying to make you disconnect. Bodyblocking with the intent of holding someone hostage to force them to disconnect is bannable according to the official FAQ and the devs quoted above.
https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408586353940-Invalid-report-reasons
Thank you for the resources !
Can we fix the map design that allow these things to happen?
Only way to fix that would be not having any corners...that would lead to very bad tiles to chase around....
There are some rooms that are dead ends and there's only one doorway to get out. Killers can also bodyblock those. Can't those get more easily fixed?
@Mandy @Peanits
Uh, you may want to take a look at this one. Either you've got a rogue GM here, or the rules need to be updated to reflect that this isn't bannable.
Not necessarily. I'm not angry at Lery's bathroom stall. It's great for the ambient creepiness of the place. I'm angry at the person who chose to afk there just to annoy me.
It can't be fixed via map design, since here will always be corners.
BUT, it could be fixed by making body blocking for an extended period of time impossible. For example, the blocked survivor could lose its collision after not moving for one minute, allowing them to clip through any body-blocking player (killer and survivors alike). Personally, I would like some body-check animation, that can be performed when body blocked for like 10 seconds. With this a blocked survivor would move the body blocker out of the way to get past them. Against the killer, this would cause exhaustion.
This would be such an easy fix.
@HugTheHag I'm sending you a message about this.