BHVR please explain how Last Standing encourages slugging?

BHVR's justification for giving survivors base kit Unbreakable is that Last Standing encourages slugging. I fail to see how this is the case. Literally the only benefit of Last Standing is not needing to hook the last survivor in situation where they are 100% dead already (all survivors are down or dead, which is basically game over). So BHVR, please explain to me how Last Standing encourages slugging. Say it does encourage slugging, why not make it only activate in the Last Standing situation? Why do survivors get base kit Unbreakable all of the time?

Comments

  • It does in a way that, as far as I can tell, all survivors will be treated as sacrificed when the last survivor goes down, and they would also not get to use perks like Unbreakeable anymore, although such situations would be quite the rarity.

    But still, this change is definitely good. It would otherwise simply make slugging more reliable as far as I can tell. Not to mention that a basekit unbreakeable that takes 45 seconds will just generally be very healthy for the game.

  • Because Last Standing, by their own description, has no requirement of how long the game has been. It would give killers a much, much, much easier win condition than 12 hook stages.

    If they just implemented Last Standing, and did nothing else, every killer would just slug every survivor at five gens. Because the game could be over after four chases, instead of up to twelve or more. Some nurses can already do this now, but it'll be the optimal/fastest way to win if they implement it.


    I'm not saying base kit infinite Unbreakable is a good thing, it's not. I think Last Standing is dumb, and will just become the end of game every killer aims for, because it's always the easier play.

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    Because Last Standing, by their own description, has no requirement of how long the game has been. It would give killers a much, much, much easier win condition than 12 hook stages.

    If they just implemented Last Standing, and did nothing else, every killer would just slug every survivor at five gens. Because the game could be over after four chases, instead of up to twelve or more. Some nurses can already do this now, but it'll be the optimal/fastest way to win if they implement it.

    I'm not saying base kit infinite Unbreakable is a good thing, it's not. I think Last Standing is dumb, and will just become the end of game every killer aims for, because it's always the easier play.

    "every killer would just slug every survivor at five gens"

    Do you seriously think this is possible for the majority of the killers? Please enlighten me on how you would achieve that with Trapper.

    "Some nurses can already do this now, but it'll be the optimal/fastest way to win if they implement it."

    Nurses are already doing it in this patch. Adding Last Standing doesn't change anything because they are already doing it. Also, as I said, if you slug all survivors, it's game over most of the time already. Adding Last Standing doesn't change much.

    @ad19970 said:

    It does in a way that, as far as I can tell, all survivors will be treated as sacrificed when the last survivor goes down, and they would also not get to use perks like Unbreakeable anymore, although such situations would be quite the rarity.

    But still, this change is definitely good. It would otherwise simply make slugging more reliable as far as I can tell. Not to mention that a basekit unbreakeable that takes 45 seconds will just generally be very healthy for the game.

    Unbreakable only takes 24 seconds to use. Usually, chasing the last survivor will take longer than that, so they will already get a chance to use Unbreakable. If it takes less than 24 seconds, you can just hook the first survivors you downed to avoid Unbreakable.

  • @adsads123123123123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3202501#Comment_3202501

    "every killer would just slug every survivor at five gens"

    Do you seriously think this is possible for the majority of the killers? Please enlighten me on how you would achieve that with Trapper.

    "Some nurses can already do this now, but it'll be the optimal/fastest way to win if they implement it."

    Nurses are already doing it in this patch. Adding Last Standing doesn't change anything because they are already doing it. Also, as I said, if you slug all survivors, it's game over most of the time already. Adding Last Standing doesn't change much.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3202486#Comment_3202486

    Unbreakable only takes 24 seconds to use. Usually, chasing the last survivor will take longer than that, so they will already get a chance to use Unbreakable. If it takes less than 24 seconds, you can just hook the first survivors you downed to avoid Unbreakable.

    It would be more rewarding to go for the 4 man slug, as you are immediately rewarded with a win now. That's I think the biggest problem.

    You should not reward killers more for using a strategy that is not fun to go against. Tunneling and camping are already a serious problem, and slugging would become more frequent too. So this change will need to happen, and I really doubt they won't go through with this. They certainly don't want even more people to stop playing survivor, that's for sure.

    If the main focus here really is only to nerf slugging, then that's fine for me as well. This is surely a healthy change for the game in general. Especially now, with there clearly being a shortage of survivor players. Though I for one am still hoping for some more nerfs to camping and maybe tunneling in the upcoming patch. If they do that, I wouldn't be so mad if they didn't go through with this nerf to slugging, but as I said, I see no reason why they wouldn't go through with it. They do seem to be improving this game step by step, even if the game faces some new problems along the way.

    The Unbreakeable buff is the only problematic aspect here. Being able to pick yourself up an unlimited amount of time within 22,5 seconds will be completely busted in my opinion.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3202548#Comment_3202548

    It would be more rewarding to go for the 4 man slug, as you are immediately rewarded with a win now. That's I think the biggest problem.

    You should not reward killers more for using a strategy that is not fun to go against. Tunneling and camping are already a serious problem, and slugging would become more frequent too. So this change will need to happen, and I really doubt they won't go through with this. They certainly don't want even more people to stop playing survivor, that's for sure.

    If the main focus here really is only to nerf slugging, then that's fine for me as well. This is surely a healthy change for the game in general. Especially now, with there clearly being a shortage of survivor players. Though I for one am still hoping for some more nerfs to camping and maybe tunneling in the upcoming patch. If they do that, I wouldn't be so mad if they didn't go through with this nerf to slugging, but as I said, I see no reason why they wouldn't go through with it. They do seem to be improving this game step by step, even if the game faces some new problems along the way.

    The Unbreakeable buff is the only problematic aspect here. Being able to pick yourself up an unlimited amount of time within 22,5 seconds will be completely busted in my opinion.

    "It would be more rewarding to go for the 4 man slug, as you are immediately rewarded with a win now. That's I think the biggest problem."

    With or without the Last Standing mechanic, it wouldn't impact my decision to go for a 4 man slug because Last Standing barely makes a difference. If I down all 4 survivors without Last Standing, the game is over 99% of the time. Last Standing maybe increases the odds of a win by 1%. The added incentive for slugging from Last Standing isn't enough to make me want to slug for the 4k more than I already do. It's completely unjustified to give base kit Unbreakable for the Last Standing "buff" that makes virtually no difference.