Adding in Basekit Cypress Mori means Nerfing Rancor and Devour Hope?
What on earth is the logic in this!?! Why change completely fine perks that noone asked to be changed, just because the killer can now end the game a little faster?
Rancor especially is getting destroyed if the changes go live. At least with Devour Hope you can still get your instant kill at 5 tokens. Albeit a bit slower than before. But removing the main reason why Rancor was chosen to begin with, as a risky end-game perk with potentially high reward, is just baffling to me.
Please devs. Do not let these changes go live.
Comments
It also means that survivors get unlimited self-pickups for some reason.
Here you go.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/352
EDIT: ReverseVelocity beat me to it.
To be fair, it's much more than a cypress mori. In theory, you can 4K without a hook.
There are tons of scenarios where you will be able to end games quickly and easily where before you'd have to plan around hooks.
I think that on balance it's a close to neutral (in terms of killer/surv) update, but I don't like it. It's a lot of trouble to shoehorn in a mechanic that wasn't really asked for. And yeah, it drains the fun out of a couple perks.
It's very much a "but why?" update; must be someone's pet project or something.
I don't think it nerfs devour much (though you have to get the downed surv to a hook), but it certainly sucks most of the fun out of it.
I don't really understand why they connected the two as if the changes must go hand in hand. It seems to me like they just want to make moris predictable
I'm extremely unhappy about this. I can understand the anti-slugging parts of the update, even if I strongly disagree with the implementation, but this destroys so much about moris (picking cool spots, survivor interactions, mori piles) for no reason whatsoever. Devour looks much less fun and Rancor is going to be gutted, and there was no actual reason for any of this to happen.
It's not really a nerf to Devour, but it ######### killed Rancor.
I really hate how it robs any choice from devour too.
Like, I frequently decide NOT to mori when running devour if its been a blowout or someone DC"d early etc. where I just go for the hook points and let survivors get the unhoosks for the sake of the game.
I don't always want them to be sacrificed immediately. I'd ######### mori them if I needed them dead. Which was an option before, but now I'm given less choices for no literally no reason. Having a free mori at the end of the game doesn't preclude having one you earned earlier. ######### is with these changes?
by the lack of it being mentioned in the new description, im assuming that they also removed a completely irrelevant part of rancor which is the notification of where each survivor is every time a generator is finished
I forgot about this, but it's true! I would do the same thing where if someone wasn't on death hook and I had a lot of leeway with the game (and I didn't dislike them), I'd hook them instead of mori-ing them. I won't be able to do that anymore - not that I plan on running Devour anymore if they're going to suck the fun out of it.
Just... in what world is instantly death hooking a survivor more desirable than mori-ing them outright? Who thought this was a healthy and fun decision?
That also means that the perk is slightly less useful with Spirit, the killer that came with the perk. Since you won't be able to see the obsession's aura if you're phasing.
It’s more of a sidegrade to devour, but I still don’t like it. It mostly serves the same purpose, but it’s much less fun and less exciting. Getting a mori with 5 stacks was one of the most rewarding things in the game for killer. And obviously the devs think the perk is fine balance-wise since they replaced it with instant sacrifice, so there’s really no good reason for it to be changed at all.
Rancor, on the other hand, got completely gutted and went from being a not great but unique and niche perk to an absolutely terrible perk.
It was the same thing with the MoM rework, they changed it just for the sake of making it consistent with other Endurance effects and not for the sake of the perk’s balance. These changes to devour hope and rancor are no different and they’re completely unnecessary.
Eh, not much more, honestly. Assuming no one had Unbreakable before, slugging everyone was a 4k anyways. I would say this is only marginally better than a Cypress Mori.