Finishing Mori / Basekit Unbreakable
If I'm on hook with Deliverance waiting for the killer to be drawn away and he gets a down (4 survivors remaining, 3 on hook), the game ends?
If I lead the killer to a zone where I'm guaranteed to wiggle out with 3 other people on hook and get downed, the game ends?
Perk combos allow you to pick yourself up crazy fast if the killer slugs you and tries to catch Jimmy John who is lurking with a flashlight...and running the same perks, making getting two hooks in this scenario crazy hard?
Comments
Can anyone confirm if these are plausible scenarios/areas of concern?
Those are plausible scenarios and areas of concern, from my understanding of the developer's note as well.
Just seems like it's going to take away a lot of play/counter play to various scenarios from what I'm reading.
Both changes, I mean.
I don't think I'm a fan of either, but maybe it will play better in the actual game.
I actually love that now people will have to think twice before teabagging at the gate, but that's about it with the mori update.
It's going to be harder to give hatch (which makes me sad).
Also, I thought the principle was to earn your final mori by killing the other players, but apparently if you're in for a fat loss you get automatic mori if you down someone at the gate, even though they should have been pushed out / would have had time to crawl out while you're on m1 cooldown.
Honestly, this just makes tunneling/camping way more enticing as a means of pressure due to, essentially, the elimination of slugging, particularly with the new/obvious meta combos.
I'm almost certain killer mains will 'adapt' this way.
I can't predict how that'll change the incentives, which makes me curious. Will some people stop playing killer ? I don't think so, but also, if it develops a meta of even more tunneling and camping than before, I don't see survivor being played more.
Very curious about how this will affect the player ratio.
But instead of interesting gameplay possibilities we get...a cutscene!
It'd certainly be a prime time to ADD MORE MORIS
I mean, they could do that without removing a bunch of possible ways to use them. In fact it would make them more desirable.
I'm really dreading my upcoming trip to Camp Face via Tunnel Town railways :(