Facecamping and Tunneling are not legitimate ways to play and is Toxic to the game.

So I want to start this post out by saying that killing the players is certainly a very important objective to the killer, but at a certain point when the game does not discourage, and in fact ENCOURAGES it, Facecamping and Tunneling, the Devs are essentially saying that not playing the game is a legitimate way of playing the game. I also want to say that I'm a killer main and honestly, I think I dislike playing survivor BECAUSE of the relatively high prospect of facing a facecamper/tunneler.


Now let me get one thing straight, Tunneling and Camping, sometimes even Facecamping, shouldn't be completely stopped as sometimes it is the only objective the killer has that is really productive. Like when the Gen count is low/the exit gates are powered, in which case you can't really blame a killer for camping at this point. However, facecamping and tunneling at the start of a game usually means that one survivor will not get to play the game, and another will likely soon follow. What's worse is that if a team isn't fully coordinated in attempting to assist the camped survivor (which is VERY likely in solo queue), then the Survivors are very unlikely to even escape.


There are several excuses I've heard about combatting this, but honestly I feel like the majority of them are elitist:

  1. Get Good? I mean sure, but you don't get good right off the bat and when you're trying to get good and a killer who is just average can just facecamp you and get more than triple the BP you do, it kinda makes you not want to play anymore are you also saying that Solo Queue SHOULD expose you to this toxic behavior? If so, then why not just remove solo queue or add VC for Survivors in-game?
  2. Use anti camping/tunneling perks? Ok, well this assumes that someone has the characters and has them prestiged to actually use perks like Reassurance/Decisive Strike, but that means you're down one perk and the base game is still saying it's ok to just facecamp and tunnel.
  3. How can you not just pop all 5 gens while 1 person is being camped? I mean i guess from a competition point of view this is a good argument, but I want to point out that 1 person just doesn't get to play the game and that the survivors overall get less blood points as they'll only be receiving Survival and Objective points since chases won't really be a thing and if you get any in boldness, that means you're near the hook that is being camped which probably means you're not doing a gen.
  4. Well the killer isn't getting enough pips to Stage Up so no problem! Yes, but the Survivors are probably losing Pips for their stages and being new at the game shouldn't mean your progress to Survivor grades should be hindered just on the whim of some random person who decides they don't want the Survivors to have fun.


Here are the changes I propose to combat this relatively big problem:

  1. Kindred should be baseline and all Survivors should be able to make use of it without requiring a Perk Slot.
  2. Unhooking should not have a timer, once unhooking a survivor is forced to complete the unhook. Additionally, Survivors cannot be grabbed from an unhook, but can still be interrupted specifically if they are Injured or Deeply Wounded and take a hit (no I do not mean put into the Dying state)
  3. If a Survivor is hooked, then the aura of the furthest Survivor that has not been hooked at all, is revealed to the killer for 10 seconds.
  4. If a Survivor dies on hook before any other combination of survivors have a total of 2 hooks (this means it can be another Survivor with 2 hooks as well), then all Survivors gain a 150% Blood Point bonus for the match and the killer takes a 75% Blood Point penalty for the match. Additionally, no matter how the Survivors do, they cannot lose any pips for Stages this match and the Survivor will automatically lose a pip for Killer stages this match. This does not apply if the Survivor on hook attempts to unhook themselves more than Once and/or doesn't succeed at least 3 skill checks during Struggle phase. This effect also does not apply if there are 2 or less Gens required to be completed to power doors, if doors are powered, or if doors are open.
  5. Each time a killer hooks a Survivor, if the Survivor has the least number of hooks or is tied for the least number of hooks amongst all Survivors, the killer gains a +25% stacking bonus to Blood Points. This bonus should also affect the killer's points towards gaining Killer Stages as this type of behavior should be rewarded.
  6. If a killer remains within 15 feet of a specific Hooked Survivor (timer resets if the survivor is unhooked then hooked again and each hooked Survivor should have their own timer) for a total of 30 seconds, the killer gains a stacking -25% Blood Point penalty and the hooked survivor gains a stacking +25% Blood Point bonus. Survivors that gain this bonus should then be immune to losing a Survivor Stage pip for the match. A killer that takes this penalty 3 or more times in a match should automatically lose a Killer Stage pip for the match. If the killer is in chase for at least 5 seconds, this timer ceases to count down for all hooked survivors until the chase ends and the time continues to be paused for 5 seconds after the chase ends, though if the chase resumes or a new chase is started during this 5 second interval, the timer continues to be paused. This effect also does not apply if there are 2 or less Gens required to be completed to power doors, if doors are powered, or if doors are open.

Personally I believe that these are all very fair changes as the majority of them do not change the game too much. The aura reading simply makes it so newer players and players not on comms just have a bit of that edge and encourages healthy behavior from survivors (making it easier to unhook and know when to unhook). On the killer side, it assists with specifically not tunneling, but not much else and has no effect once each survivor has been hooked at least once. The majority of my suggestions are mainly aimed at Bloodpoint gain and Stages because honestly that is the most rewarding part of the game when doing well and honestly I just hate the fact that a killer who does minimal work by facecamping can double or triple the number of blood points of survivors who actually play the game well and even escape.

Comments

  • @D4RK1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3203530#Comment_3203530

    https://www.dictionary.com/browse/bigot

    noun

    a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

    Sorry at this point it's pretty clear you're just here as a troll for attention and there's really no intelligent or productive conversation to be had with you. You first take my words completely out of context and twist them to fit your means and get angry at me when I take your words in context and use them against you, then you accuse me of ad hominin right after you do so, "I thought you would be smart enough to not work against your argument".

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3203549#Comment_3203549

    I can't really spell it out further for you than the fact that I've been addressing each of your points and providing both a explanation and evidence each time and you've just been saying whatever you can to not be in the wrong. It's honestly a better use of my time to have a conversation with a brick wall, including when you've gone off topic and are attempting to say you're just arguing semantics when it feels more like a smokescreen than anything else. I've literally already directly addressed that "Trying to win is not toxic" is absolutely incorrect. In fact, you've already provided counter arguments to yourself by saying that t-bagging and notification spamming is toxic, considering that literally just trying to overload the killer with information or provoking them is (a toxic) strategy that can be employed to win on the Survivors' side.

    If you really wanted to argue just semantics and the definition of "toxic" how come you haven't actually provided a definition you're using to actually further an argument? It's pretty clear you're just here to be contradictory and to try and gaslight people so I'm just going to do us both a favor, save my time and energy, and just stop attempting to actually have a productive conversation with you.

    I feel the same way about you bud 👍️

    We're just not going to see eye to eye, that's fine.

  • @DBDVulture said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3204342#Comment_3204342

    -"So I'm a Killer main and I'm honestly not going to argue against most of your points because they're valid. But I believe my suggestions accommodate for the situations you have trouble with and, again my point isn't just that Camping and Tunneling should be 100% be eliminated from the game or even be punished if it was to be done at any and all point in the game."

    Some of the maps in DBD are nearly impossible to win unless you play Nurse/Blight or have exactly the perfect killer+perk setup to defeat the cheese the SWF group plans to use. Thomspon House/Fractured Cow shed, Gas Heaven and Eyrie of crows are examples of maps that are just nearly a guaranteed loss vs "old school red rank" survivors playing with voice coms. It's ridiculous that you need to play Nurse/Blight to have a fair shot on maps such as these.

    -"I do want to point out however, that if the majority of your games result in 3 Gens popping during your first chase, that this is likely a problem in skill"

    Everyone is always so quick to say : you might be the problem. Yes there is a chance you are right but you're not when you consider the survivors I normally play against. The majority of people I am playing against are try hard 3 man SWFs. Most of them range from 2000-6000 hours but every now and then I will see someone with 10,000 hours or more. I'm not afraid to play against someone who has a high hour count; I am an experienced player who has also spent at least 1,000 hours watching people better than me play so I know far more tricks than I should.

    Let me walk you through an example game where I play on a map like RPD. The central room and 3-4 connecting generators are the only part of the map you need to control. Typically I will harass to get a 2-4 hits and only commit to a chase I can end quickly. The goal is to hook someone in the middle hook of the main room without losing any of the close by generators. If you can do this and you have 3 close by generators the game is over - the other team just doesn't know it yet. If necessary I will camp the first person for 2-3 stages. If you lose the central hook you can use the hook at the top of the stairs and repeat the central defense dogma for the next victim.

    This isn't some sort of punitive revenge strategy. It is a pro-active "I'm not in the mood for this map to be played any other way" strategy. Largely speaking this map isn't fair for the killer either. The only way to make it fair is to slow down the game. Survivors know they need to rescue and pressure gens but neither of those is an option if you play hit & run while someone is on the hook. The goal is a systematic destruction of resources around the main room that turns it into a de facto death trap. As long as you keep trading survivors and making sure they can't really break your three gen you will win as soon as you hook in the center room.

    I'm 100% sure this is zero fun to play against. But as a killer I don't get a map veto option to abstain from unfair maps; nor do I get an option to play against solo players without voice coms. So I will play in whatever manner guarantees me the win - without resorting to cheating regardless of how it makes the other team feel. That being said I will usually lose 2-3 gens setting up the main room trap. Quite often every remaining generator is impossible to touch for longer than about 10 seconds

    You can actually play quite a few of the maps this way if you want. And I do when the map is completely busted. As a result I get called a camper and a tunneler. But I have zero patience to try and play against SWFs who can regularly finish gens in 40 seconds as a pair (some can do it solo in about the same time with HF). It's been known for a long time that the killer objective take 6-9 minutes while the survivor objective takes 4-5 minutes. Better survivors make your objectives take longer while finishing theirs faster.

    People sometimes laugh when I mention "tunneling gens" but it is 100% just the same as tunneling out survivors. People play the game in an efficient manner so they can win. It's not fun to have the killer chase you three times in a row so you die and miss most of the game. It's not fun as killer to one get to two to three hook stanges before all the gens are finished. What kind of game can you expect when you need to try and get four or five hook stages at the "end game"?

    Tunneling is a two way street and it needs to be harder to complete generators when people play in a SWF. Deadlock should probably be base kit and it should have some kind of roll back so that two gens at 99% cannot both get completed by synchronized survivors so that one gen will always be locked at 99% completion instead of having a 0% generator be locked.

    To emphasize the point clearly : SWFs absolutely break DBD and the devs refuse to make adjustments. I understand that many people would quit if SWFs got balanced fairly. But many killers regularly quit because the game pushes them to only play Nurse/Blight or not at all. It would be one thing if most of the killers had a MMR soft lock where they just couldn't play against high skill survivors. But survivors would not like that at all. In fact they hated it several months ago before MMR had the rules changed because the high skill players were only playing Nurse/Blight 9/10 games.

    And all of these are valid points. I'm assuming you're in the 3k/4k as a win killer, 2k is a draw, and 1k is a loss? And my suggestions don't really impede on this if you REALLY want to play this way and prioritize "winning".

    Personally, I play for fun and for Blood Points. The Blood Points are just to complete my roster of perks so I can try more weird and interesting combinations to have more fun.

    In the end, i believe my suggestions just make it more fun in the long term for survivors without impeding the fun of Killers who just want to "win." If you're happy with just "winning," great, you're still going to be able to play as normal, you'll just get the Blood Point penalties. If you're unhappy with getting minimal Blood Points, well how is it fair that a Facecamped Survivor gets minimal Blood Points then?

    If I genuinely wanted Tunneling/Camping removed from the game, then it'd just be easier to apply an increasing slow effect on killers when they stay near hook/hook the same Survivor multiple times within a short span of time and/or even increase ability/attacking cooldown.

  • @Gandor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3199828#Comment_3199828

    trickster is arguably best camper in whole game. Especially in basement. Being able to take 4-5 health states before whole squad get's out of basement is something only bubba can do (but he can still crash or overheat with his M2). And if you get main event in said basement during rescue attempt... Well. GG!

    True, but if a game goes south for me, Im not in the basement but at the nearest hook I can muster. If I am at the basement, then I feel I have things under control. Normally I avoid camping as I dont find it very fun for me to stay near a surv and for the one hooked. I like do it in a dire state. Otherwise I can say I sometimes proxy camp as I scout for survivors to harass/chase. Or I just leave hook if I know where another surv is right away. But I will agree, in the basement he's a beast

  • @D4RK1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3199776#Comment_3199776

    So the reason why my suggestion is based off of BP and Stages is because I don't think a change in gameplay is necessary if the devs want to keep it as is for more competitive play. Certainly I do personally believe that mechanically speaking there should be more of a deterrent for Facecamping and Tunneling, but this would probably require a larger rebalance which would probably include some manner of inherent Gen slowdown other than just kicking atm.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3199794#Comment_3199794

    While I understand the concern of aura reading, honestly I feel as though having Kindred baseline will not be broken at all considering things like Fearmonger is a pretty often used perk for killers and that even with Kindred, while the aura reading is definitely nice, sometimes Survivors will still just do Gens despite seeing that everyone else is also on a Gen. This is definitely to weed out a camping killer, but also to just give a bit of information so Survivors can rescue off hook proficiently.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3199819#Comment_3199819

    Removing grabs from Hook saving is ABSOLUTELY not terrible. It sort of feels like you haven't been in a Hook Standoff. To clarify, a Hook Standoff is when a Healthy Survivor and a Killer are both in front of a Hooked Survivor with the Killer staring at the Survivor while the Survivor is staring at the Hooked Survivor and the Survivor is essentially Unhooking and Canceling in an attempt to trick the Killer into attacking so that the Healthy Survivor can trade on hook. Sorry, but this is extremely stupid "gameplay". Hatch Standoffs were stupid and so are Hook Stabndoffs.

    I don't believe the suggestions are silly at all. They're meant to incentivize y'know... playing the game as opposed to doing minimal work? Facecamping is boring and it really isn't playing the game, especially in the early game (which is why I suggest the possible penalties be removed in the late game).

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3199828#Comment_3199828

    So when it comes to sweaty swf bully squads, I don't often feel the need to camp them, even when they're being toxic and when I do, then the fixes I suggest already address the issue. If a bully squad is just about trying to bully the killer, that's honestly fine with me when I play killer because it means Gens aren't being done and all I have to do is switch up how I tackle the current situation. If they're popping gens like crazy, well then the penalties are removed towards late game and usually that's when I'd have to resort to camping (and when Camping really become the only objective for Killer anyways).

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3199849#Comment_3199849

    So it feels like your commentary is very much so based on competitive play as opposed to actually playing the game. Certainly, Tunneling is definitely the better choice for the killer as removing opposing players means the Killer has less of an opposing force to deal with, but at what point should the killer stop doing something because it's not "viable"? And what about the Survivor side of things? Are you saying it's healthy for the game for killers to just Facecamp and Tunnel each of their games? Sure they might not get a 4k, but getting 1-2k usually means they'll get as much if not more BP than the Survivors for doing minimal work. As for viability, should killers all run meta perks and only play Nurse, Blight, and Spirit then? Sorry, but not being "viable" is not a good excuse for basically wasting someone else's time.

    My suggestions already address Stage progression, but while this addresses the stage progression problem, it doesn't address the fact that if a Killer has facecamped this Survivor until dead, this Survivor who probably hasn't done anything wrong just didn't get to play the game because the Killer isn't good enough to actually play the game. Sorry, but I'm thinking about the health of the game as a whole. Not to mention, why does the number of kills for a killer before endgame have to be the standard to which a Killer "wins" the game? There are competitive groups out there that determine winning via the number of total hooks and honestly I feel that's a better (though not perfect) standard than kills.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3199860#Comment_3199860

    Honestly the biggest problem I want to address is really the feeling that your time has been wasted in a game. Getting maybe 5k BP for a game and watching the endgame screen as the killer gets 15-25k BP for facecamping is the most disheartening thing ever and is extremely toxic to the health of the game. Honesty if BHVR is wondering why turnover rate of players in DbD is so high, it's because of Hackers and because of this. It's also probably why there's almost always more Killers than Survivors most of the time. As Killer you don't need to deal with Facecamping and Tunneling, in fact you can do it yourself and get more blood points than if you played survivor so....

    "So when it comes to sweaty swf bully squads, I don't often feel the need to camp them, even when they're being toxic and when I do, then the fixes I suggest already address the issue. If a bully squad is just about trying to bully the killer, that's honestly fine with me when I play killer because it means Gens aren't being done and all I have to do is switch up how I tackle the current situation. If they're popping gens like crazy, well then the penalties are removed towards late game and usually that's when I'd have to resort to camping (and when Camping really become the only objective for Killer anyways)."


    Honestly depends on player level and map, when I was new during Halloween event, a flashlight gang bullied me on Coldwind, I was still new and relied on Lightborn, one time I didnt get it I was demolished and I played as toxic as possible by camping and all that and for a new player its worse when they dont do gens but just stay to harass you, honestly one of my most miserable games. Argubly I am better now. I am still not confident against 3 flashlighters. And the last time it happened was vs Legion. I decided "######### this #########, Im gonna farm" and I was right to recognize a swf with Head Ons and Flashlights, Im not a Legion main so Im not that skilled with them. I decided to not even sweat that match. When they thanked me post game for that, they asked why tho. I simply replied that I wasnt gonna deal with a triple flashlight and head on squad. They even sent me to their map. And yeah, best way to avoid bullies is to not even engage them the way they want you to

  • @FinestFantasyVI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3200371#Comment_3200371

    "So when it comes to sweaty swf bully squads, I don't often feel the need to camp them, even when they're being toxic and when I do, then the fixes I suggest already address the issue. If a bully squad is just about trying to bully the killer, that's honestly fine with me when I play killer because it means Gens aren't being done and all I have to do is switch up how I tackle the current situation. If they're popping gens like crazy, well then the penalties are removed towards late game and usually that's when I'd have to resort to camping (and when Camping really become the only objective for Killer anyways)."

    Honestly depends on player level and map, when I was new during Halloween event, a flashlight gang bullied me on Coldwind, I was still new and relied on Lightborn, one time I didnt get it I was demolished and I played as toxic as possible by camping and all that and for a new player its worse when they dont do gens but just stay to harass you, honestly one of my most miserable games. Argubly I am better now. I am still not confident against 3 flashlighters. And the last time it happened was vs Legion. I decided "######### this #########, Im gonna farm" and I was right to recognize a swf with Head Ons and Flashlights, Im not a Legion main so Im not that skilled with them. I decided to not even sweat that match. When they thanked me post game for that, they asked why tho. I simply replied that I wasnt gonna deal with a triple flashlight and head on squad. They even sent me to their map. And yeah, best way to avoid bullies is to not even engage them the way they want you to

    And really this "have fun/don't take it personally" mindset is something I believe the BP/Stage system should encourage. If you aren't going for a sweaty win streak or playing competition, it really isn't healthy to be unhappy just because you got out of a game with just 1 kill. While BHVR can't really address the competitive nature of people, they certainly can encourage people to just have respect for other people's time (like with the new update and everyone just being able to pick themselves back up/the finishing mori).

  • @D4RK1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3204676#Comment_3204676

    And really this "have fun/don't take it personally" mindset is something I believe the BP/Stage system should encourage. If you aren't going for a sweaty win streak or playing competition, it really isn't healthy to be unhappy just because you got out of a game with just 1 kill. While BHVR can't really address the competitive nature of people, they certainly can encourage people to just have respect for other people's time (like with the new update and everyone just being able to pick themselves back up/the finishing mori).

    Yea and the MMR implementation certainly made it competitive and if killer tries to play nice or even friendly we just outright lose and get punished for it. Forcing us to play sweaty for the wins and be unhappy if we dont do well.

  • In light of the recent ub basekit reveal do you think your ideas still work out?

    Especially the very hard penalty for killing a survivor without distributing the hooks evenly. Woulnd that make a survivor invincibile.? One surv could force himself on me and when he is on dead hook he can't die because I get punishment for killing him and I can't slug him

  • @D4RK1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3201046#Comment_3201046

    So i know you think you're making a valid point by likening these things, but you're really not for a number of reasons. The first and foremost reason is that a Killer will eventually find and chase at least 1 Survivor throughout the course of the game and whether or not that Survivor goes down, the Killer is playing throughout the game. Technically speaking, the Killer is still "playing" while Facecamping and/or Tunneling. On the other hand, a Survivor that gets Tunneled out or Facecamped is in fact NOT playing anymore and their time has just been wasted for something they cannot control.

    On the subject of control, even if a full Survivor team is Genrushing/Gencamping the killer in fact has many options at their disposal. The first is to tighten their patrol path to easy to patrol Gens and keeping those from popping. There are several games as Killer where I've won because the Survivors decided they would do all the outer gens and leave the 3 easiest to patrol Gens for the end. There are also several games as Survivor where we're on 2 Gens and I 99 one of the easier Gens so that I can then finish one of the harder gens then pop it, but some other Survivor comes along and pops the 99'd gen and now the Killer has an easy time defending every one of the last 3 Gens at once.

    Also, what do you define as "winning" the game? 4 Kills? I mean after all can you call it a win if any ONE of your opponents leaves? In which case we should also remove Hatch because it's like catchup in a racing game, the Survivors are at a Disadvantage, but now suddenly they have an easy way to clutch the game! 3 Kills? Well that's a weird arbitrary number, how come it's a win when there are 4 Survivors total and you only got 3 of them? Shouldn't the Killer then be punished for letting any one of them live? Not to mention, the Survivors are in Co-Op and everything each Survivor does affects the whole team so all Survivors should benefit if ANY survivor survives, 'cause then the Survivors win! But in the end, if you believe 4k or 3k means you win, this doesn't affect any of that really. All it does is affect Blood Points and Stage progressions, so you can Tunnel and Camp all you want, you'll just get reduced BP and Stage Progression.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3201124#Comment_3201124

    I can tell you haven't read the post at all. The point made here is that Killers who do minimal work (Facecamping and Tunneling from the beginning of the game) should not be rewarded for doing so. Is it effective? Questionably, depending on the Survivors you're facing, but my post isn't really about whether or not it's effective. It's about actually letting Survivors have fun and incentivizing it/compensating players who get Facecamped/Tunneled early on for no reason. Sorry but it's pretty ridiculous when a Wraith hunts down a random Steve for the entirety of the game despite all other players trying to body block even while injured for said Steve and the Wraith just ignores the other players they've downed for... viability I guess?

    3K is win that's all and 4K is blowout.

  • The survivor has the right to escape and win, and the killer has the duty to entertain the survivor.


    You are kidding, right?

  • @Starrseed said:

    In light of the recent ub basekit reveal do you think your ideas still work out?

    Especially the very hard penalty for killing a survivor without distributing the hooks evenly. Woulnd that make a survivor invincibile.? One surv could force himself on me and when he is on dead hook he can't die because I get punishment for killing him and I can't slug him

    I absolutely do believe my ideas will still work out because there isn't a hard penalty for distributing hooks evenly, I believe I mentioned a reward incentive for distributing hooks evenly though.

    If we're talking about the penalty I suggested for a Survivor dying on hook before at least 2 hooks have been made on other survivors, which can be just 2 hooks on 1 other survivor, I don't think it will really affect healthy gameplay with this update especially considering I already had the caveat of the penalties for this and camping to stop once the game is at 2 gens or less to power doors.

    When it comes to a survivor that's been hooked twice take protection hits, honestly I don't really see this becoming a huge issue because, chances are at that point you're already down to 2 gens or less. If not, then honestly the killer has time to get hooks elsewhere/down the Survivor and continue after the other target.

  • @FinestFantasyVI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3205079#Comment_3205079

    Yea and the MMR implementation certainly made it competitive and if killer tries to play nice or even friendly we just outright lose and get punished for it. Forcing us to play sweaty for the wins and be unhappy if we dont do well.

    And honestly, I like the idea of the Emblem system being a bigger indication of winning or not, but I also want the system to be overhauled to encourage healthy behaviors. For example, Survivors can only get Iridescent Survival by not being put into the dying state even Once in the game and Gold if they escape. Honestly, I hate that because it discourages taking protection hits for Survivors who've been hooked more or just really terrible gameplay like hiding in lockers/the corner of the map to wait for hatch.

    I'd also want the distribution of hooks for Killers to count more towards their emblems as opposed to just total number of hooks. And I don't mean just keep the number of hooks required the same, but also add on that they must be distributed, I mean a killer should get bonuses to points in the Devout category for hooking survivors with the least amount of hooks and a bonus for getting at least 1 hook on each survivor.

  • @fake said:

    The survivor has the right to escape and win, and the killer has the duty to entertain the survivor.

    You are kidding, right?

    I don't believe anything I said even comes close to this. Both sides should have a right to play and have fun. If your sense of having fun is just getting 3k/4k, then maybe you should consider just playing bots? Because I've had several games as Killer where I'd catch all 4 survivors in a very unfortunate place, down all 4 of them, then bring back the last one to pick up their friends so we can have a soft reset and actually have fun. Why? Because just instantly downing everyone and getting 4 kills isn't fun to me. The chasing, the mindgaming, the time management is what I find fun about the game.

    If I was to throw your phrasing back at you, it'd be something along the lines of "So the Killer has the right to get 4k and the Survivor has the duty to just hang there on the hook? You're kidding, right?"

    It also becomes very apparent that people haven't fully read nor understood the opening post when they say something like this because a killer CAN still do all this and be minimally affected if they don't care about Blood Points or Killer Stages (whether it be because they're already iridescent 1 or they just don't care), in which case most of the things I suggested really only affect the payout for these activities.

    Additionally, a Killer should absolutely not get the same number of blood points as the best performing Survivors of a game if all they do is grab a Survivor, throw them on a hook, then sit there. At a certain point there's very little that Survivor can do if their team now decides to just concentrate on Generators because they realize the Killer is just camping. So in that case, the killer would get to "win", but pay out some of their blood points to the survivor for unsportsmanlike conduct and that's it.

  • I am sorry if I offended you, as my words were not directed at you.

    And I admit that I overreacted to the word toxic in the title and did not read your argument deeply enough, and I apologize. Again, I apologize. I am a fool.


    Camping and tunneling (with the exception of the Bubba Faith camp right after the start) is legitimate in my opinion. But at the same time, I understand that survivors are frustrated.

    It is only natural that both sides should be able to enjoy the game. But that seems to be a difficult question. I have heard that the developers are aiming for a 2kill-2escape line. The idea is that the killer should be satisfied with having executed half the survivors. In my opinion, if one of the reasons behind the dissatisfaction with camping and tunneling is that they are dying, then there will be survivors who will be dissatisfied even if it is 1kill-3escape.

    If face camping is allowed, it is a hook after all 5 generators have been repaired. I would affirm that. Because there is nothing else to do. If camping were not allowed even under those circumstances, then I would say the words I just said. But I was mistaken. Sorry.


    Let me get back to the point. I am in the position of considering them not TOXIC, but I agree with your suggestion because I think it is better if both parties can enjoy the game.

    It makes sense to compensate the survivor who had them done to them in the form of Blood Points compensation.


    In my opinion, to discourage camping and tunneling, I would rather have a system that encourages people not to do it, rather than the idea of punishing killers by base kit boro time, quick, etc.

    There are actually a few PERKS that benefit from hooking evenly or staying off the hook. How about a base kit of those in smaller numbers? However, I would also like to see it not apply to S tier killers such as Nurse and Bright. Hard to think about this.

  • @fake said:

    I am sorry if I offended you, as my words were not directed at you.

    And I admit that I overreacted to the word toxic in the title and did not read your argument deeply enough, and I apologize. Again, I apologize. I am a fool.

    Camping and tunneling (with the exception of the Bubba Faith camp right after the start) is legitimate in my opinion. But at the same time, I understand that survivors are frustrated.

    It is only natural that both sides should be able to enjoy the game. But that seems to be a difficult question. I have heard that the developers are aiming for a 2kill-2escape line. The idea is that the killer should be satisfied with having executed half the survivors. In my opinion, if one of the reasons behind the dissatisfaction with camping and tunneling is that they are dying, then there will be survivors who will be dissatisfied even if it is 1kill-3escape.

    If face camping is allowed, it is a hook after all 5 generators have been repaired. I would affirm that. Because there is nothing else to do. If camping were not allowed even under those circumstances, then I would say the words I just said. But I was mistaken. Sorry.

    Let me get back to the point. I am in the position of considering them not TOXIC, but I agree with your suggestion because I think it is better if both parties can enjoy the game.

    It makes sense to compensate the survivor who had them done to them in the form of Blood Points compensation.

    In my opinion, to discourage camping and tunneling, I would rather have a system that encourages people not to do it, rather than the idea of punishing killers by base kit boro time, quick, etc.

    There are actually a few PERKS that benefit from hooking evenly or staying off the hook. How about a base kit of those in smaller numbers? However, I would also like to see it not apply to S tier killers such as Nurse and Bright. Hard to think about this.

    No worries, I definitely used Hyperbole in the title to get people's attention. I suppose the point I'm trying to get across is that early game facecamping and tunneling are pushing people away from playing Survivor.

    I still believe that Facecamping and Tunneling and relatively toxic and sort of needs to be addressed because while it might not be personal or anything, after all having someone on hook to bait out other survivors and/or removing 1 survivor means less things that can be accomplished at once by the Survivors, in the end it's still removing a player from the game and I feel like it's bad manners when this is done early game and on purpose.


    Honestly while my suggestions are mainly based around the Emblem system and Blood Points and I certainly believe the Emblem system should be tweaked, I would like to see a lot more game-impacting mechanics that encourage healthy behavior. Base kit BT honestly was a good decision IMO in fact, I wish they didn't reduce the time down to 5 seconds because that doesn't do much to deter many killers from Tunneling. In fact, most killer might just take the BT hit then pursue for the down. I also like the idea of base kit UB and would honestly like to see a base kit DS (especially considering the nerf down to 3 seconds) and even a base kit Reassurance.

    On the other hand, I'd also like to see more base kit buffs for killers to shore up their issues. For example, maybe something like a base-kit Pop/Surveillance where whenever you hook a Survivor with the least number of hooks/tied for the least number of hooks, you get a token. For each token you have, all generators change hues to show their progression for 3 seconds. Additionally, the next time you kick a generator, that generator regresses 7% per token. The number of tokens resets if you hook a Survivor other than one with the least number of hooks/tied for the least number of hooks. Or built-in automatic Generator regression where a Generator that is untouched begins to regress at 20% of the normal rate which builds up to 100% regression over the next 15 Seconds.

    The only issue with killer base kit changes is that the variance between effectiveness of killers is much higher than Survivors, but really the only issues I see that might pop up with changes like these is just to the strength of already oppressive killers, namely Nurse. In the end though, trust me when I say that for killers Generators seem as though they just don't pop at all or they just pop too fast and something to combat that a bit would be nice and would hopefully help with the issue of Killers feeling like they may need to camp/tunnel.

  • @D4RK1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3206201#Comment_3206201

    And honestly, I like the idea of the Emblem system being a bigger indication of winning or not, but I also want the system to be overhauled to encourage healthy behaviors. For example, Survivors can only get Iridescent Survival by not being put into the dying state even Once in the game and Gold if they escape. Honestly, I hate that because it discourages taking protection hits for Survivors who've been hooked more or just really terrible gameplay like hiding in lockers/the corner of the map to wait for hatch.

    I'd also want the distribution of hooks for Killers to count more towards their emblems as opposed to just total number of hooks. And I don't mean just keep the number of hooks required the same, but also add on that they must be distributed, I mean a killer should get bonuses to points in the Devout category for hooking survivors with the least amount of hooks and a bonus for getting at least 1 hook on each survivor.

    Emblem system should we reworked for sure. With all the meta changes and such. Killer adepts are getting too hard. As opposed to a Merciless, Killers should just get a 4k for the adept

1 2 ›