How to counter the Hyperfocus build

Comments

  • A killer doesn’t know a survivor has it, unless the survivor is streaming and the killer stream snipes. Or the killer is cheating.

    Exhilarating strategies all around.

  • Overcharge, Oppression, Unnerving Presence.

  • Randomly appear behind them then disappear while making loud OoooooooOOOO noises, they’ll be too focused on how you did that to hit great skill checks properly

  • @kisfenkin said:

    Gearhead

    I really like Gearhead but it has a massive flaw because the generators hide the Auras half the time.

  • So you havent changed your tactic at all? Why making post about it since Hyperfocus doesnt affect you anyway

  • Better yet pick Stealth Killers or Doctor.

  • How can you counter something when you only can tell for sure they had it in the endgame screen?

    Gen defense is always the answer. Boring, but nessessary in high MMR.

  • Can't really just bring 4 slowdown which these builds encourage imo

  • meanwhile survivors are going "bruh, all killers are camping or tunneling or going full gen slowdown playing for a three gen from the start and it's impossible to get all gens done if you don't bring at least some gen speed up" and proceed to bring prove or hyperfocus or a good toolbox.


    As per usual it's the circle that just keeps going as long as people always go into a match expecting their worst case scenario - which akso just so happens to be common enough to leave an Impression. Persinally, I bring neither meta when I play killer/surv - and sure, I get rolled when the other side bringe the meta. But at least when playing killer I'm in a place where the survs don't go for gen speed all the time. And no, I really don't want to be in high mmr with killer. Doesn't sound the tiniest bit appealing.

  • Deadlock, actually, and Pain Resonance are both far more reliable at deleting all Hyperfocus tokens in-play than tunneling ever will be but wbk people are just looking for an excuse to not change your playstyle

  • Well the killer was a trickster, I'm pretty sure those survivors were glad to get out of the game that fast