Blocking Top of Stairs?
So this is a topic that I've always been curious about but have never seen a real direct answer, so hopefully somebody can clear the air for me. I think everyone is familiar with the whole basement stair scenario, where someone is rescued from the basement hooks with borrowed time, and the killer stands at the top of the stairs for a chunk of time until the effect wears off. This has been in the game for a very long time, and I've never heard any news about making any changes, but is this something that was intended by the devs? It seems a little broken to be able to hard counter a perk like that without any real mechanics. Is this something that is a reportable offense? I'm not trying to sound like a whiny survivor main, just hoping to get a clear answer about something that brings me much frustration.
Comments
So would it be ok if survivors found a way to trap a Myers who was in EW3 somewhere that he couldn't hit anyone as long as they moved after EW3 faded? That's what I'm getting.
No, it's literally abusing mechanics of the killer's swing radius. Normal physics and thought process would make someone get hit if they ran towards you as you swung. Instead they circle your body and somehow you're literally unable to hit them if they are that close. Bullshit.
As much as Burgers & I disagree on things we can agree on this, it's just movement, it's how the game works, it's very easy to counter 360ing & besides, killer swing boxes are ridiculous anyway if they miss it's entirely on the killers fault.
The only time where 360s will happen is when a survivor knows he's about to get hit like in the open. Just take your time with the swing, take a step back and hold down m1, it's not hard. But then again ur a guy who calls waiting out BT by blocking somebody an exploit. Am I exploiting if a survivor blocks himself in a corner and I rev up my chainsaw with billy/LF?
If that were theoretically possible, yes. Assuming that it was within the games intended mechanics and not a glitch or bug that was being abused. But since survivors body blocking without being able to be hit isn't intended then I don't see how it could happen.
Also let's ignore that survivors being able to block hooks without being hit would completely break the game and make it unplayable while letting BT run out in the basement is just a fuckup for a single survivor.
protecting your easy win against killer are'nt you? No need to reply, we all already know that's the agenda.
However, when a killer does it and just does absolutely nothing then honestly it’s just a douche move.
I think if killers body block any survivor, and they’re not afk and down you; I think it’s just considered unlucky for the survivor. It shouldn’t happen as must lmao.
Just take the L like the rest of us 2018 baybee!!! 😩😩😩
Let me preface this by saying I have no issue with either side body blocking, unless its for an exorbitant amount of time.
However, comparing Survivor Body blocking & Killer body blocking to each other is silly imo. There's no risk for a killer in body blocking, there is HEAVY risks for survivors body blocking.